Batman: Arkham Asylum Video Game

Reddaye

If you've got the grapple line gun, then you've already past Clayface a while back.

When you go to rescue the Warden, you'll see the guard Cash behind some glass, as if he was in a cell. Next to the glass is a sign saying something along the lines of "Warning, Occupant may be disguised, do not approach." Once you've saved the Warden, Cash is gone and it's the Warden that appears to be in the cell instead. Ta-da, Clayface! I didn't realise this at first either >_>

Right, beaten Poison Ivy and fuck me, that was difficult. Thank god if you die it restarts on the part where you only have to kill her one more time. Also the Riddle Challenges are getting increasingly harder, I really hope that I can still get them all despite the Joker bit coming up being the end of the game. I'm at 74% thus far completion, just got to do most of the challenges and collect some more trophies/riddles/cronicle things.

As for trophies, I've got 47%. I imagine I'll be able to pull that up to about 50-60ish percent before having to restart the game and play through on hard.

• Admin

It's a wonderful game - it's been ages since I've played a game non-stop for hours on end like this - I feel sad that I've finished the story and found all the trophies - all I have left to do is finish the challenges to get 100% :(

You can continue looking for riddles/trophies etc after beating the game, you know.

I didn't know that, actually, which will make life a lot easier. Assuming some of the stupid Poison Ivy plants dissapear that are blocking areas. >_>

It's a wonderful game - it's been ages since I've played a game non-stop for hours on end like this - I feel sad that I've finished the story and found all the trophies - all I have left to do is finish the challenges to get 100% :(

Did you do that All Silent Takedown challenge, or are you talking about just the regular game, not trophies? I saw it on the list and was like "Well that sounds easy enough". Five times I've attempted it and it still hasn't given me the trophy. >:|

Yeah, I just got my first corrupted save. I'm pissed.

Colour me equally pissed. In my case, my save didn't just get corrupted, it fucking DISAPPEARED.

No, I'm not kidding. I had it on my memory unit at home, took it to my friend's, it was nowhere to be found.

Not sure whether to go all-out for a swift finish or take my time with the riddles this time. Probably the latter, but I'm going to be using the Internet, which I justify by the fact MY FUCKING SAVE DISAPPEARED.

So yeah, that was pretty much one of the greatest video game experiences ever. A few minor issues: a little on the short side (perfectly acceptable game length, I just didn't want it to end), not exactly a ton of enemy variation and the controls could be a little clunky in non-combat scenarios, but other than those very small gripes, this game was near perfection. I really hope the next step is just to make everything bigger, Batman: Gotham City, perhaps?

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but scan Clayface in Detective Mode and he has no skeleton, it's a cool little bit.

I seriously hope the sequel I'd heard about them starting work on to be as good as this, particularly if they do a game with a distinct lack of Joker. I figure, Two Face could be out there...maybe Riddler in some form beyond minigames, you know?

Yeah, I just got my first corrupted save. I'm pissed.

It happens when you quit whilst the game is saving.

I can't believe some people say this game is on the short side. I've already spent hours on this game and I don't even have 40% yet. Mind you, I take my time when I walk around an area searching for trophies and just generally cool shit. I loved Clayface and stood in front of his room for a couple of minutes because he changes his appearance as well.

They can do millions of things with a sequel. Joker doesn't have to be in the game to make it successful. I mean, look at the character bios', there are loads of characters that can operate as the main villain and there are also still villain's that don't get introduced in the game. Batman: Gotham City would be awesome.

The only things I don't like are changing direction while gliding (although I've found it a lot better now that I don't hold up/forwards) and the control of the remote batarang which I find really difficult to do. Everything else is terrific, I love the gadgets, I love the silent predator bits and I love fighting numerous henchmen at once. Facing the bigger enemies can be a bit repetitive but it's not bad.

I've just got to the third Scarecrow bit and man that was awesome. I really thought I'd failed when Joker shot me and it said use the middle stick to dodge. Brilliant stuff.

I'm going for my first ever platinum with this, it'll take me a while no doubt. Finished the game on medium, so I'll need another speed run on hard at least. I've got 136/240 of the riddlers challenges done, but I'm flying through them. I haven't touched the challenges yet, are they tough?