Batman: Arkham Asylum Video Game

Reddaye

...Seriously though, how are you getting all these games early :@

It's a draw of luck honestly. There's plenty of games I still can't get to release date, but my location helps a lot. Tampa is the city of cigarette burned strippers, semen laced cabseats, and home to a million 7-Elevens.

Why is that important? Because 7-Eleven is considered a retail game selling chain. They get their shipments of games on the same day as every other chain, or at least close to it. It's hit or miss, but usually once I see that it's hit the webs that's a good indication that it's in stores somewhere. I stop at 7-Elven every day on the way to work anyways so it's not a big inconvenience for me to stop in and see what's happening.

I've never got a copy sold to me in the morning shift, when a manager is present they seem to all know what a streetdate is. Overnight shift FTW. They see you as such a burden they try to get you out as quick as possible, so "give me this, these, that, and Morden Warfare 3 for the 360."

I don't think it's a big issue yet since a lot of people don't stop there for games, but I caught wind of this from the WOW leak a year ago. They've gotten better about it. A friend that works there tells me there's a huge corporate policy in place to keep it from happening, but the underlining rule is if it's on the shelf you have to sale it. So mindless clerk thinks he's doing his job and it's up there it's for grabs.

I've had better luck with eBay though. Sellers will ship early to make sure it gets to you on time. I've gotten a few like a week early.

• Admin

Cheers, was making the mistake of starting off with a batarang, which didn't seem to count.

I found the easiest way to do it was to start with the Batclaw, then hit a Stun, evade over someone, attack & counter until you get your "special", use the Throw to knock some more over, more attacks / counters till you get the "special" again, hit a Takedown, then throw the Batarang and hit the ground takedown on someone you knock over with them.

And someone is already on top with 3700000 whatever, much more than the second person. Seriously, where do people get the time from? This means he probably knows all combos, how to get a maximum amount of points etc... and he has most likely tried at least 10 times, it's just ridiculous.

I got the combo of 40 achievement earlier, unlocked it on the new challenge mode DLC. I like how it's one big fight rather than broken down into rounds. Does anyone know if you get the guys with knives and such later on or if it's just the regular guys and the lunatics? Mine haven't gone too long really but I did manage to get 44,000-odd thanks to a combo of 65.

...Seriously though, how are you getting all these games early :@

It's a draw of luck honestly. There's plenty of games I still can't get to release date, but my location helps a lot. Tampa is the city of cigarette burned strippers, semen laced cabseats, and home to a million 7-Elevens.

Why is that important? Because 7-Eleven is considered a retail game selling chain. They get their shipments of games on the same day as every other chain, or at least close to it. It's hit or miss, but usually once I see that it's hit the webs that's a good indication that it's in stores somewhere. I stop at 7-Elven every day on the way to work anyways so it's not a big inconvenience for me to stop in and see what's happening.

I've never got a copy sold to me in the morning shift, when a manager is present they seem to all know what a streetdate is. Overnight shift FTW. They see you as such a burden they try to get you out as quick as possible, so "give me this, these, that, and Morden Warfare 3 for the 360."

I don't think it's a big issue yet since a lot of people don't stop there for games, but I caught wind of this from the WOW leak a year ago. They've gotten better about it. A friend that works there tells me there's a huge corporate policy in place to keep it from happening, but the underlining rule is if it's on the shelf you have to sale it. So mindless clerk thinks he's doing his job and it's up there it's for grabs.

I've had better luck with eBay though. Sellers will ship early to make sure it gets to you on time. I've gotten a few like a week early.

Wal-Mart solves that problem by programming its registers to not allow any merchandise that isn't released yet to be sold. We tend to get a lot of game shipments with no street dates, so people I work with that don't follow games just stick them out on the shelves sometimes.

Edited by KevinStorm

• 3 months later...

The Aviary can suck it. :(

I'm at the part where the two doctors are trapped in cages and if you're found, their cages are dropped and they're killed, forcing you to restart. I know to go through the vent and you wind up overlooking the thugs, but I'm not sure what to do from there. I grappled a vent across the room with the Batclaw and tore it down, then I tried to drop down and do a silent takedown to the nearest guard and sprinted over towards where the vent I Batclaw'd was, but it was too late.. fuck.

• Like 1

You can't take down any guards until you take out the one in the control room. I go high up left and work my way around, you have to follow the pattern of the guards and just take a ballsy run at it. It's one of the tougher stealth sections of the game, but once you figure out the plan that works for you, it won't be too bad.

Yeah I got it earlier this morning.

I batclawed the vent across the room down and then glided over and got in the vent, smooth sailing from there.

• Like 1

Got given the game at Christmas, and for some reason I'm finding it really quite difficult to get into. The combat is nice. Dropping in on unsuspecting targets is nice. But that isn't very much and the majority of it, when I'm just strolling through places with Detective Mode on (or rather, trying not to put Detective Mode on because it's annoying and somewhat painful to look at, but inevitably feeling compelled to leave it switch on almost constantly just so I can notice stuff)...what can I say, it fails to grip me.

• Like 2

I agree, you have to leave Detective Mode on far to much during the game. It's a great feature, but after using it in the beginning of the game, you feel like it's more of a crutch and you have to use it throughout the rest of the game.

So I decided to Finish the main gameplay and then return and search out all the riddles:

So there was the one riddle where you have to be on the top level of the watch tower to see the full Question Mark. Now though....I have hte giant Ivy plant growing on it and I can't grapple up to the top level to get the riddle completed. Is there another way to get there?

So I decided to Finish the main gameplay and then return and search out all the riddles:

So there was the one riddle where you have to be on the top level of the watch tower to see the full Question Mark. Now though....I have hte giant Ivy plant growing on it and I can't grapple up to the top level to get the riddle completed. Is there another way to get there?

Should still be able to grapple up. I did the riddles after the main game and I could get up there just fine by grappling.

• Like 1