blink-182

Benji

fuck yeah blink reunite!

now please let them come to perth, australia and be healthy... last fucken tour travis went and broke his foot in adelaide... bastard

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the above statement

I felt that +44 lacked toms vocals he and mark play of each other so well, an album of just mark is so monotone.

and well A&A werent the superband they wanted to be, they had alot of potential but I think Tom ruined it by thinking he was the best.. he isnt and he has admitted it before. He is best when he is in blink

Love to see them back together. AVA is way off what blink was about, I personally like AVA for what it was, that big stadium U2ish kind of rock. I also loved +44 for its lyrics and pop punk sound. They were definitely missing each other. Neither group was not able to reach any sort of level of the same success as blink. As someone said, they really do balance each other out.

My heart sank the day they broke apart but Travis Barker's accident was a blessing in disguise for them to get back together! I hope they go back to making amazing songs once more! :wub:

PRP is right and wrong at the same time.

Right in that yes, at the end of the day, they're both selling a mass market image.

Wrong in that...well...the genre says it all. <_<

I love blink-182- probably than everyone else who has posted in the thread. Seen them four times in concert and saw +44 twice. Doesn't change the fact they are mass marketed pop music. That isn't a slight against blink-182, just the honest truth. When people write things like:

FACT: The members of Blink 182 are actually brothers and have been performing together since they were 7. They only got popular in the late 90's though, when their record label made them switch to playing Pop Punk.

It just proves how ridiclous you are trying to make the argument. I never stated that record labels attempted to change blink-182-. I just stated they are a mass marketed and produced rock band. It's not my fault if you think mass-marketing and pop music are bad words, but they really aren't. I didn't mean to compare blink-182- and Jonas Brother's sound, because they are slightly different. But the fact still stands that blink-182- was playing for the exact same kids that the Jonas Brothers are playing to right now, except maybe a year or two older and Jonas Brothers orientated a bit more towards females.

Edited by PunkRockPete

I highly doubt that parents of 8-12 year olds would let their kids listen to songs about fucking a dog in the ass. Jonas Brothers are watered down, goody-two shoes music about living a clean life who are in no way marketed towards teenagers which is more blink-182's demographic.

Pete, I was making the point that you're making it sound as if Blink 182 was put together and marketed for one specific purpose. The way they've come about and the way they were marketed is completely different than The Jonas Brothers ever will be.

This is really going to degenerate into idiocy. Its music, people like it, why must people constant throw in how its marketed or who its targeting. Its fucking stupid.

Pete, I was making the point that you're making it sound as if Blink 182 was put together and marketed for one specific purpose. The way they've come about and the way they were marketed is completely different than The Jonas Brothers ever will be

Its music, people like it, why must people constant throw in how its marketed or who its targeting. Its fucking stupid.

No. I didn't say that about blink-182-. In fact, my quote stated: "It's all mass-marketed pop music, folks." You simply infered everything else, so that's really not my problem. Everyone else was making fun of the Jonas Brothers and I felt compelled to remind everyone that there really isn't much difference between the Jonas Brothers and blink-182-. Apparently people love blink-182- to admit that, but whatever. It's fine if you love blink-182- too death, they think are the bees knees, think they are the greatest band ever, whatever. As I said earlier, its not a bad thing, its just a fact. Everyone needs to stop getting their panties in a twist...

Edited by PunkRockPete

Pete, I was making the point that you're making it sound as if Blink 182 was put together and marketed for one specific purpose. The way they've come about and the way they were marketed is completely different than The Jonas Brothers ever will be

Its music, people like it, why must people constant throw in how its marketed or who its targeting. Its fucking stupid.

No. I didn't say that about blink-182-. In fact, my quote stated: "It's all mass-marketed pop music, folks." You simply infered everything else, so that's really not my problem. Everyone else was making fun of the Jonas Brothers and I felt compelled to remind everyone that there really isn't much difference between the Jonas Brothers and blink-182-. Apparently people love blink-182- to admit that, but whatever. It's fine if you love blink-182- too death, they think are the bees knees, think they are the greatest band ever, whatever. As I said earlier, its not a bad thing, its just a fact. Everyone needs to stop getting their panties in a twist...

Actually, I agree with Pete, people are simply taking their own implications, blink are pretty much the definition of radio friendly pop-punk, there's nothing wrong with that, especially since they are the best band in the world at doing it and yet still retaining every single thing that makes them cool.