NCAA Footbal 09 Season Thread

HailtotheYo

*Sigh*

Well, great game Florida..

:(

*Sigh*

I was amazed. Tebow was fucking good, even though I don't get the CBS announcers being all like HE'S LIKE BRONKO NAGURSKI. Yes, because Tebow can run and slightly throw...like Pat White...like Chris Leak...like Oklahoma alum Jason White. He's a great football player and certainly a great team leader, but...hyperbole much?

I'm happy that Bama didn't get beat by over four touchdowns, which says something about my expectations in general, and eh, we might can take Ohio State.

Oh, and those SEC nicknames suck, GhostMachine. :shifty:

Edited by ROC

The NCAA does not recognize any national champion nor sponsor a national championship. They have no jurisdiction over the bowls.

So it's now Florida vs. Oklahoma/Texas.

Actually, you're only partly right. In the (now) FBS the NCAA doesn't officially crown a champion, however it does recognize the BCS Champion as its own.

The NCAA DOES however recognize a national champion ... and in fact, recognizes THREE of them (FCS Divisions 1,2,3).

Which, seeing as how the BCS Champion is only the NCAA champion by DEFAULT, just fucking wow. The NCAA doesn't even control the crowning of the team it will recognize as champion. Just one more to toss in the "fuck the BCS" bucket.

*Sigh*

I was amazed. Tebow was fucking good, even though I don't get the CBS announcers being all like HE'S LIKE BRONKO NAGURSKI. Yes, because Tebow can run and slightly throw...like Pat White...like Chris Leak...like Oklahoma alum Jason White. He's a great football player and certainly a great team leader, but...hyperbole much?

He's like Pat White and Chris Leak if they had God on their side.

Tebow was fucking good, even though I don't get the CBS announcers being all like HE'S LIKE BRONKO NAGURSKI. Yes, because Tebow can run and slightly throw...like Pat White...like Chris Leak...like Oklahoma alum Jason White. He's a great football player and certainly a great team leader, but...hyperbole much?

Blame Bobby Bowden. If I heard it correctly, he was the one who coined that line, the announcers just ran with it...and kept running with it...and KEPT running with it. Wonder how many of the people watching the game in the various bars were all, "WTF is Bronko Nagurski?"

Tebow was fucking good, even though I don't get the CBS announcers being all like HE'S LIKE BRONKO NAGURSKI. Yes, because Tebow can run and slightly throw...like Pat White...like Chris Leak...like Oklahoma alum Jason White. He's a great football player and certainly a great team leader, but...hyperbole much?

Blame Bobby Bowden. If I heard it correctly, he was the one who coined that line, the announcers just ran with it...and kept running with it...and KEPT running with it. Wonder how many of the people watching the game in the various bars were all, "WTF is Bronko Nagurski?"

Bobby Bowden's too fucking old. :shifty:

So this is how the BCS should go tonight...barring anything out the ordinary happening

National Title: Florida vs OU

Orange: Cinncy vs VT

Fiesta: Texas vs Utah

Sugar: Alabama vs Ohio State (sorry Bosie :( )

Rose: USC vs Penn St.

The Orange and the Rose are set in stone so there shouldn't be no surprises there, but hopefully for the love of god I hope Ohio St doesn't go to the Sugar over a team ranked higher than them who are able to go (because it would have been Texas Tech if the rules wern't in place) but Bosie shouldn't get the shaft...

oh and is anyone willing to join a group for the Bowl pick em game on ESPN because I think it would be fun to see who on EWB likes such and such to win

So this is how the BCS should go tonight...barring anything out the ordinary happening

National Title: Florida vs OU

Orange: Cinncy vs VT

Fiesta: Texas vs Utah

Sugar: Alabama vs Ohio State (sorry Bosie :( )

Rose: USC vs Penn St.

The Orange and the Rose are set in stone so there shouldn't be no surprises there, but hopefully for the love of god I hope Ohio St doesn't go to the Sugar over a team ranked higher than them who are able to go (because it would have been Texas Tech if the rules wern't in place) but Bosie shouldn't get the shaft...

oh and is anyone willing to join a group for the Bowl pick em game on ESPN because I think it would be fun to see who on EWB likes such and such to win

There's not one interesting game in that bunch. Ugh.

This gets brought up every year, and this is cold, hard truth: No college team, not even the best college teams EVER could beat the Detroit Lions of this year. You are comparing a group of twenty year olds to a bunch of grown men. It wouldn't even be a contest.

That may be a good thing for the college kids, depending on how you look at it. The Lions, since this is the team we're talking about, has a host of players who already "made it" to the big league, are getting comfortable contracts, etc. The college kids are there on scholarships, playing for a school's pride and tradition, and the chance to get to the NFL. The college team would have more passion, more fight in them than a lowly team like the Lions.

You don't have to be the best team to win a football game, and sure, talent wise, the Lions probably have better overall talent than Texas, Oklahoma, or Florida. But those 3 teams have more heart and team chemistry than a team like Detroit. That could easily help them on their way to victory.

Also, the Lions... can't play defense well to save their lives. Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy would be able to rip that secondary apart, imo.

Also, the Lions... can't play defense well to save their lives. Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy would be able to rip that secondary apart, imo.

Except for the fact that either of those two guys would get lit up by even the weakest NFL level pass rush. Anyone can look like Joe Montana if you have 8 or 9 seconds to throw the ball every time you drop back to pass. Just keep in mind, that a GREAT collegiate offensive line produces maybe two pros. The "worst" defensive lineman in the NFL is still good enough to abuse your average collegiate lineman.