New music

ghjdajdk

As with a lot of other people, I am looking for some new music to start listening to. Lately I've started listening to bands such as Helloween, Blind Guardian, and others of that nature. I really listen to just about any type of music, except rap/hip-hop or anything of that nature. Thanks in advance for recommendations.

Our Finnish members will be along to assist you shortly.

In the meantime, I'll recommend The Gaslight Anthem, as even though they're in no way similar to the bands you listed, there's a distinct lack of them around here with YI off at Leeds. :shifty:

When you say just about any type of music, what genres do you prefer?

Clearly, Iron Maiden is a logical choice. Of course, I'd assume you already have some Maiden, but the things our members have skipped over before have astounded me.

I'll throw out King Diamond though. Just as essential as Maiden, but less widely known.

Dream Evil is also another kickass band. Check that out too.

Not really into that kinda jazz, but I assume that Masterplan is similar? If so, start with "Enlighten Me". A friend sent it to me and it's great, even though as I said I'm not one to really listen to bands of that ilk.

Lately I've started listening to bands such as Helloween, Blind Guardian, and others of that nature.

Kiuas, Freedom Call, Edguy, Avantasia, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Dream Evil, Alestorm, Nightwish, Epica, Shaaman, Angra, Ayreon, Rhapsody of Fire, Firewind, Iced Earth, Manowar...

That should keep you going for a while ¬_¬

Lately I've started listening to bands such as Helloween, Blind Guardian, and others of that nature.

Kiuas, Freedom Call, Edguy, Avantasia, Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica, Dream Evil, Alestorm, Nightwish, Epica, Shaaman, Angra, Ayreon, Rhapsody of Fire, Firewind, Iced Earth, Manowar...

That should keep you going for a while ¬_¬

Just to build on that

Falconer, Pyramaze, Galneryus, Jag Panzer, Kamelot, Sabaton, Thunderstone, Zonata, Symphony X, Warmen, Wintersun, Lost Horizon, Savage Circus, Persuader, Crimson Glory, Grave Digger, Axxis, Dionysus, Dark Moor, Demons and Wizards, Dreamtale, Pretty Maids, Nocturnal Rites, Morgana Lefay, Steel Attack, Stormwarrior, Twilightning, Wolf, Lizzy Borden

That should keep you going for even longer ¬_¬

Ah powerglove, been meaning to get their album after listening to some stuff on their site, not meaning to hijack the thread but can anyone name a UK site that sells PowerGlove's album?

I dont think they ship to the UK, but a lot of similar stuff is around the Net, for example (you probably have heard of them) check out Armcannon as they have some pretty immense stuff as well.

But not to take this thread over, I was just about to start a topic on this as well. SOOOO....yeah thanks guys.

Check out Scar Symmetry's new album, 'Holographic Universe'. Easily the best melodeath album of the year, and all the better for the mix of power metally vocals and death growls. Really catchy stuff.

I'll throw out Torche 'Meanderthal', as not many people seem to know of them. Poppy sludge.....yeah, thats the best way I can describe it.

Third the Gaslight Anthem.

Boris are always worth a look, but again, veers away from the bands you listed. Check out 'Pink', 'Smile' or 'Akuma No Uta'. Fuzzy, Japanese rock, really worth a look.

As someone mentioned, Sleep are also good. Also, early Candlemass, which is Doom, but has kinda a power metally vibe, especially with the vocals.

Edited by rvdwannabe

Oh my, Reilly has just been out-metalled >_>!

Yngwie Malmsteen, Spellblast, Graveland, Eluvite, Elvenking, Darkane, Waylander, Warhead, Tyr, Dalriada, Ensiferum, Falkenbach, Mael Mordha, Amon Amarth, Summoning, Aina, Three Inches Of Blood, Axenstar, Battlelore (how have they escaped mention?), Dragonland, Evergrey, Human Fortress, Vikings of Steel, Omen, Power Quest, Armoured Saint, Bal-Sagoth, Final Chapter, Lordi, Dreamquest, Iron Saviour, Synergy.

See, I can name random bands from my Music folder regardless of quality too. :D Although I am ashamed I forgot Wolf, Wintersun, Symphony X and Kamelot.

Edited by Farmer Reil