Official La Liga Thread

Baddar

So, La Liga kicks off this weekend. Sky are covering three games, 1 on Saturday (Valencia-Mallorca) and 2 on Sunday (Numancia-Barcelona 2nd Half, Deportivo-Real Madrid)

Who else follows La Liga here? I normally watch games that involve Real or Barca, but I'm looking to catch as many as possible this season.

Edited by Baddartyne

My problem with La Liga is the annoying camera angles and the crappy looking feel it has. <_<

I like the close camera and plush green grass for the Premiership matches you see. La Liga has one camera that I'm convinced is attached to a blimp and the grass looks like it was cut in random order and looks rubbish.

Yes, I am that sad.

Although I look forward to the diving for penalties. Just so we can see the tense, dramatic close up pictures of the player and the 'keeper as they take the penalty. It's like an episode of Heroes or something.

Yes. Although there's more blacks trampling on it each and every week.

Basically when I watch the Premiership it seems relaxing to me and I can sit back and watch it, no problems. With La Liga theres something about watching it, it just irks me. Probably if I only watched La Liga and nothing else, I would be fine.

It's the same with most things. I prefer to watch my football on Sky Sports, because I'm used to it and prefer it. I don't know why, just how I am.

Madrid and Barça lost today against Deportivo and Numancia and Atletico is the new leader.

VALENCIA 3-0 MALLORCA

NUMANCIA 1-0 BARCELONA

ATLÉTICO 4-0 MÁLAGA

ATHLETIC 1-3 ALMERÍA

OSASUNA 1-1 VILLARREAL

BETIS 0-1 RECREATIVO

SPORTING 1-2 GETAFE

RACING 1-1 SEVILLA

DEPORTIVO 2-1 R. MADRID

ESPANYOL 1-0 VALLADOLID

I'm a bigger fan of La Liga highlight shows than watching actual matches. At its best its the best attacking football in Europe. Unfortunately, there's a lot of negative stuff that irks me into not watching full games.

That said, I'm a big Henry fan so like to see how he's doing every now and again.

A couple of surprises in yesterday's games. I know it can happen in the PL (and every other league as well), but I just love it when teams like Barcelona go to lowly Numancia and lose. Whenever I watch one of the bigger sides in Spain playing away from home, I'm never too confident of them winning.

I'll just throw it out there that when I do watch La Liga, I am a Deportivo fan and have been since the days of Djalminha and can only describe how happy I was when they won the league at the turn of the millennium.

But yeah, Djalminha being my all time favourite player is probably the reason for my supporting of Deportivo, so I always look for them to do well.

I have been a Real fan since I stepped inside the Bernabeu. I have seen games at the Calderon, Camp Nou and Bernabeu but my heart belongs to Real. Bit dissapointed that Calderon has blown it now that we are losing Robinho without a replacement. Interested to see what happens tomorrow with Schuster as he has been sayin if Robinho goes he does too.

• 2 weeks later...

La Liga Day 2

ALMERÍA 2-2 VALENCIA

R. MADRID 4-3 NUMANCIA

MÁLAGA 0-0 ATHLETIC

RECREATIVO 0-1 ESPANYOL

GETAFE 0-0 BETIS

VILLARREAL 1-0 DEPORTIVO

MALLORCA 1-1 OSASUNA

VALLADOLID 2-1 ATLÉTICO

BARCELONA 1-1 RACING

SEVILLA 4-3 SPORTING

Espanyol is leader with 6 pts followed by Valencia, Almería, Getafe, Sevilla and Vilareal with 4.

Madrid is 8th with 3 and Barcelona 15th with 1.

I didn't manage to catch any games this week, but was surprised to see Barca draw after going ahead. I'm not sure how Real played at the back against Numancia, but I've not been convinced with their defence at all over the last few seasons. Cannavaro is over-rated, when playing for Real anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Day 3

1 Almería Málaga 1-0

2 Athletic Valladolid 2-0

3 Atlético Recreativo 4-0

4 Espanyol Getafe 1-1

5 Betis Sevilla 0-0

6 Sporting Barcelona 1-6

7 Racing R. Madrid 0-2

8 Numancia Villarreal 1-2

9 Deportivo Mallorca 0-0

10 Valencia Osasuna 1-0

Valencia is first with 7 points, followed by Almería, Vilareal and Espanyol who have 7 too. Real is 6th with 6 points and Barcelona is 9th.

Today is Day 4 in La Liga. At the beginning of the second half:

BARCELONA 2-0 BETIS

VILLARREAL 2-0 RACING

OSASUNA 0-0 DEPORTIVO

Day 4

Malaga - Valencia 0-2

Valladolid - Almería 2-0

Recreativo - Athletic 1-1

Mallorca - Numancia 2-0

Real Madrid - Sporting 7-1 (One more than Barça in Day 3, Barça won 6-1)

Barcelona - Real Betis 3-2

Getafe - Atlético Madrid 1-2

Vilareal - Racing 2-0

Sevilla - Espanyol 2-0

Osasuna - Deportivo 0-0

Standings:

1st and 2nd Valencia and Vilareal with 10 pts

3rd and 4th Real and Atletico de Madrid with 9

5th Sevilla with 8

6th, 7th and 8th Barcelona, Almería and Espanyol with 7

Bloody hell, Barcelona are 4-1 up against Atletico after 18 minutes.

EDIT: 5-1, took another ten whole minutes for the next goal.

EDIT 2: Jesus, the Atletico defenders absolutely refuse to defend at all! They're letting Barcelona have clear runs at goal time and time again, I cannot believe this game.

Edited by -A-