Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

For the first time ever I bought FM >.> and I installed it with Steam. I deleted the fake.inc thing from data, but Germany is still screwed up and I think it has to do with the fact that I deleted it from the 900 map, but there is no 910 map so....what the hell? Has anyone found a solution to this already?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I've installed it but haven't started a game yet. I've never bothered correcting all the fake names in previous FMs, but how is it you do it again? Is it just deleting that fake.inc file?

Edit: Well who cares, as I just started Unemployed in the English leagues and am now manager of Blue Square North Division side Farsley Celtic (near Leeds). Woooo. >_> This will no doubt end catastrophically, since I haven't played a really lower league game in FM for, oh, years.

Edited by stokeriño

Just realised a problem. Not a big one, but would be nice to get it sorted. When I run the game through Steam, it works fine and dandy. But last night i created a shortcut on the desktop to make it easier to get into. When I use the shortcut, i get a 'Could Not Load Game' message whenever i try and load my saved game up. The game then vanishes from the screen and the taskbar, and when i try and go back into it it says 'Football Manager 2009 is already running'!!!

Not really a big problem if i cant get it fixed as i can run it through Steam, but would be easier to get a working shortcut. Any ideas?

Edited by SilentBob2004

Well, I've just released my first version of my lnc fixing file for FM09 over at the sortitoutsi.net forums. But because I love you EWB, here's a link.

Updates the national teams that are turned off, Oliver Kahn's ego and pretty much every competition name in the game. :D

Well, I've just released my first version of my lnc fixing file for FM09 over at the sortitoutsi.net forums. But because I love you EWB, here's a link.

Updates the national teams that are turned off, Oliver Kahn's ego and pretty much every competition name in the game. :D

just downloaded it, how do I activate it and stuff? it's been ages since I messed with fake.inc files and stuff on FM. :)

Gotta love my player/assman. He's 'worried that the weakest link in the squad is [himself]', rates himself at * on the team report screen, yet still picks himself over a far more talented youngster. :P We only have one goalkeeper in the entire squad over the age of 16, and my first choice left winger is unavailable until September because apparently he's 'on holiday'!

But I wouldn't change it for the world. This. Is. Blyth! Tonight, we dine in the Blue Square North!

Clawson: Yes. Although SI usually recommend you start a new game when a patch comes out, so...

Edited by Farmer Reil

My Farsley team will kick your Blyth team's collective asses. :@

...I have no evidence to support this quite yet, but we'll see. My Assistant Manager thinks that most of my team is amazing, but he has a 'judge player ability' rating of 1/20, so to be honest I regard his opinion as being slightly lower than dirt.

Farsley Celtic FTW :D

... I'm still pissed off Leeds have a budget of 100k and players like Delph, White and Becchio are so shite.

Saw Man City were interested in Lucas. Offered him to them for 10 Million and they accepted, giving me a transfer budget of 6m now. 2nd in league, 4 points off Scunthorpe with a game in hand. Lost FA Cup 3rd round replay to Man City away. Very impressed with the game thus far

I started my first game with Tottenham today, spend a buttload of money and just won my first Prem. game 1-0 against Blackburn. It's funny how Man City basically bids for everyone who is even semi-good. Anyone else playing with Tottenham? I have only like 2 good strikers, the rest are youngsters and I don't know why but while searching for an extra striker I ended buying three more young players :pervert:

Edited by Quasi Fernandez

just downloaded it, how do I activate it and stuff? it's been ages since I messed with fake.inc files and stuff on FM. :)

fixed this now, it don't matter, finally time to start a game :D