Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Anyone ever done an unbeaten Premier League season? After 28 games my Arsenal team still hasnt lost in the league. Just lost in the first knockout round of Champs League on pens to Marseille though. Almunia is out for a month and Adebayor is out for two. Bugger! Would be awesome if I could go unbeaten, but will be tough especially with Ade out :(

Nope. Got to 37 once though. :P

The title race this season looks pretty exciting:

titlerace.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Liverpool used to be miles in front but they've been awful ever since Torres and Gerrard got injured for the rest of the season. When I played them just there they started with Michael Owen up front. >_>

After having beaten Liverpool and Man Utd drawing with Middlesbrough things have got a lot more interesting. I'm quite hopeful considering my hardest remaining fixture is against Portsmouth.

titlerace.jpg

Edited by metalman

After, for lack of a better word, fucking Liverpool in the Youth Cup, I have an urge to get an Arsenal game on the go and work on the youth team. But I'd probably spend so much time with them lot I'd neglect the first team, do badly and get fired <_<

Liverpool used to be miles in front but they've been awful ever since Torres and Gerrard got injured for the rest of the season. When I played them just there they started with Michael Owen up front. >_>

After having beaten Liverpool and Man Utd drawing with Middlesbrough things have got a lot more interesting. I'm quite hopeful considering my hardest remaining fixture is against Portsmouth.

titlerace.jpg

Which two miserable excuses for Premiership football teams lost to Bristol City? :o

Bolton and Sunderland. Bristol City really are awful though. They're managed by Gary Johnson and their only players with any previous Premier League experience are Benjani and Shaun Maloney. They're not quite as bad as Birmingham City who managed to get relegated after conceding 97 goals last season.

Three way tie at the top now with Liverpool and City just three points behind as well! :o

Edited by metalman

Unbelievable, started a game with Aberdeen and have drawn 5 of my first 6 games 1-1 :rolleyes: Should've won all but one of them as well.

Bah, and then I go and lose the next game 3-2 - albeit to Celtic. I felt I deserved a draw out of that, but sloppy defending let me down, I wanted some better defenders in the summer but couldn't get any.

Edit: Also, anyone get any idea why Prem clubs were being bitches about loaning players? They wanted stupid money for loans, I wouldn't mind paying 100k and 100% wages or whatever, but fuck paying 1.8m for Fabio on loan for a season plus 100% wages.

Edited by --Matt--

Fuck Blackburn

Was doing fine with Reading and leading them 1-0 courtesy of a sweet free kick from Alex. So around the 70th minute Mascio goes down with an injury so I tell Kovac to go on for him. However the game ignores this and Mascio just lies there motionless as Blackburn players surge past him and they end up scoring

I DID IT!!!! I FUCKING DID IT!!!!! Yes, finished 1st in the Premiership as Arsenal, but I went and 'did a Wenger' and went the whole league season undefeated!!!!! And my record was better than when Arsenal did it in real life. They managed 26 wins and 12 draws, I did it with 28 wins and 10 draws!!! But bloody hell, it was so VERY nearly heartbreak on the last day. Playing Sunderland away, Cisse chips in a great goal on 15 mins. With nothing to lose, I set tactics to All Out Attack with 3 strikers for the whole second half but their keeper turns in a performance that earns him a rating of 9.2!!! On 89 mins it reveals there is only 1 minute injury time. With the time ticking up to 89:45, Eboue skins a defender on the wing and gets a cross in, after a real long scramble in the six yard box, in runs my captain Fabregas to blast the ball into an empty net!!!! I promptly go absolutely nuts!!!

My record in the league reads:

Played 38, Won 28, Drawn 10, Lost 0, GF 72, GA 18, GD +54, Pts 94

Got knocked out of the FA Cup in the semis 1-0 by Man City, Carling Cup 4th round by Man Utd 3-1 (I played reserves/kids, Utd played first team), and went out of Champs League first knockout round on pens to Marseille

Is there a way I can get the game to like, not be full screen so I can be on the internet and MSN as well as it? I did it once and for the life of me can't work out how. <_<

Stole this from somewhere.

To play in windowed mode:

1. Right click on the FM09 icon on your desktop & click properties.

2. In the target field, add "-windowed -small_screen" at the end of the target, with a space between the target & "-windowed -small_screen" & obviously no quotation marks.

3. Click ok & you should be able to play in windowed mode next time you run FM09

I don't have an icon on my desktop and I can't find it within the programs menu. I just usually go on Steam and then launch it from there.

EDIT: Found it in settings now. :)

Edited by KoA