Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gerrard is the manager, Frank his assistant.

Hehe....that's classic.

One of my Euro 2012 Qualification groups has England, Scotland, Wales, Finland and Sweden in it. The pure amount of rivalry games that it's offering has been outstanding.

So with Sunderland I've drew my last 4 matches 1-1 (last one I went through 9-8 on a penalty shoot out) and the other 3 are Championship matches.

We dominate it seems, we have good players. Agbonlahor, Richardson, Bojinov should all be able to score in this league. But we always seem to come up against absolutely outstanding goal keepers who just stop everything that comes at them. Match after match its just spectacular save after save, we could win half these matches 5-0 if it went right. It just seems weird that its happening constantly.

Haven't updated for a while...

I quit Viking (but changed the filename so I can still go back there if things don't work out ¬_¬) to look for a new challenge and took over at struggling Polish club Amica Wronki. And when I say struggling, they were relegated to the second division in the first season, didn't go straight back up in the second, and when they fired their fourth manager in three years and hired me, they were on the verge of being relegated again (and Poland doesn't have a third division in CM01/02): three points from safety with two games to go.

After surviving by the absolute skin of our collective teeth (drew the first game, won the second, but if it wasn't for a late equaliser in one of the other games we'd have gone down on GD) I've set about rebuilding. We're currently 2nd in the league after 16 games, just gone into the winter break. No games from November to late February but we only get a month and a half break at the end of the season.

The squad I inherited was... interesting. Two absolute star players who everyone wants, including the likes of PSG and Bayern (lucky they don't have release clauses), an AML and a D/DMC. There was also a decent D/DMC and one reasonable striker. The rest of the squad was absolute wank, and the captain didn't even speak Polish. The AML was one of only two players who can play on any flank at all (the other was... another AML). To the extent that, checking their fixture list, they often played their reserve goalkeeper at rightback. And he was still probably better there than in goal. It was a complete shambles. The reserve team has two players in it, both shit.

So I've currently got my superstar AML at left wingback, signed a decent DMR, got both the D/DMCs playing in central defence and signed a decent Ukrainian goalkeeper, so my defence is ok. Had an AMC promoted through my youth setup and for this level he's amazing, so that was a spot of luck. My scout found a decent enough striker, too, who's doing ok. So we might get promoted this year...

Still got a lot of dead wood and unhappy players in my reserves though. And I've got one eye on the Arsenal job, because Wenger is still only 16th after 22 games. Fantastically, the relegation zone is currently Newcastle, Chelsea, West Brom. The top five? Man United, Bolton, Fulham, Liverpool... Preston.

nearly half way through my second season as chelsea (1st season came 2nd, won FA Cup and Champions League runners up) and i'm top by 6 points after thrashing Man.Utd 5-1 :D

I've noticied that silly managers are taking over two random managers are West Ham and Wigan manager it was just pure random. Anyone else had random managers getting jobs?

Just started a new one as United earlier. Already signed Moutinho and Walcott and have managed to stop Madrid, Barca and the like from unsettling my top players. Pretty pleased with myself seeing as all my saves so far have been shambles. :)

• Admin

So, after my 2nd season with Accrington saw us reach the 4th round of the FA Cup before a heroic effort in losing 2-1 away to Everton, and finish a respectable 11th in League 2, more job opportunites came calling.

I have been offered, and I have taken, the post at QPR. They finished bottom of the Championship, and I have been tasked to get them out of League One. But in doing so, they have given me a transfer kitty of £5million and a wage budget of 200k per week (compared to the £800 and 10k a week I had at Accrington).

Time to clear out the dead wood at QPR and get them back into the Championship!

What do Frank Lampard, Andrea Piro, Massimo Ambrosini, Lucio, John Carew and Karel Poborsky all have in common?

They'll all be playing in the First Division next season, having finished bottom of the Premiership at Chelsea. Pirlo was 'delighted' to have signed a new contract two days after their relegation became official, and is 'striving to improve the clubs league position'. :shifty: Sadly it was Crewe that went down with them and West Brom, Newcastle and Arsenal both survived.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Yeah, they're in the background, but they are at least selected. Man United won the league, Liverpool were third.. it's not like the results were completely crazy. Chelsea and Arsenal just sucked. ¬_¬

Edit: Grrr, due to my defence absolutely falling apart after we were confirmed as being promoted automatically, we lost two games (only lost five all season...) and drew two more, meaning we ended up second on goal difference instead of champions. Pissed off.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Anyone ever done an unbeaten Premier League season? After 28 games my Arsenal team still hasnt lost in the league. Just lost in the first knockout round of Champs League on pens to Marseille though. Almunia is out for a month and Adebayor is out for two. Bugger! Would be awesome if I could go unbeaten, but will be tough especially with Ade out :(