Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Sweden I have seen climb into 9th in the World Rankings. A head of England(12th) and waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of Brazil (37th) as well as surprise world champions Nigeria (11th). Undefeated so far. Have a friendly with Italy coming up with Ibrahimovic and Issakson returning from injury to play.

Why are Brazil so shit on this game? o_O

They were at 31 last time I checked which was about a year ago in game time, even Scotland were above them.

You know there is something seriously wrong when Robert Earnshaw finishes as the top goal scorer in the EPL <_<

How many goals?

Michael Owen has won nearly every year on all of my games :S

Edited by Fudge

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started a Villareal game hoping I can get back into this. Wanted to be a reasonably good team, but away from the Prem, so Villareal it was. Loaned Insua for 1.9M with the option of buying him for 7M at any point, which I think I'll probably take up when I get some money. Also loaned Yuri Benichiche or whatever his name is from Spurs with a similar option (though for much, much less), he's not great but he'll be decent one day and I'm thinking I can keep him there as some sort of perennial backup player.

Playing a 4-2-2-2 with advanced wingers at the moment. Only played one game, thrashing some team 11-0, but they were pretty wank. Hopefully I've managed to think up a good system for once.

You know there is something seriously wrong when Robert Earnshaw finishes as the top goal scorer in the EPL <_<

How many goals?

Michael Owen has won nearly every year on all of my games :S

18 for Stoke City.

Other current strikers in the same league who should die of shame include Adebayor, Van Persie, Vela, Walcott, Drogba, Anelka, Rooney, Torres, Keane, etc.

So I started another Journeyman game (the last one corrupted) and I took out the English leagues below L2 cos I wanted to manage random teams. I got a job pretty much straight away at some Russian side who are truly awful.

They have 13 registered players, no right backs, no right midfielders (one guy can play there but he's far better in central role), 1 makeshift left back and 1 striker. Also because of the restrictions of the league, none of the reserves or youth team (who barring one youth player have little to offer anyway, but at least I could get a right back <_<) can play until the window opens in August and they can be registered. In the mean time, they're in 22nd place (of 24) and the bottom 7 (yeah, seven) go down... 6 weeks to hold out until the window and try to get some points in the meantime (right now I'm 0-0-3).

So I started another Journeyman game (the last one corrupted) and I took out the English leagues below L2 cos I wanted to manage random teams. I got a job pretty much straight away at some Russian side who are truly awful.

They have 13 registered players, no right backs, no right midfielders (one guy can play there but he's far better in central role), 1 makeshift left back and 1 striker. Also because of the restrictions of the league, none of the reserves or youth team (who barring one youth player have little to offer anyway, but at least I could get a right back <_<) can play until the window opens in August and they can be registered. In the mean time, they're in 22nd place (of 24) and the bottom 7 (yeah, seven) go down... 6 weeks to hold out until the window and try to get some points in the meantime (right now I'm 0-0-3).

Is it Shinnik by any chance? I managed them once, and did well once I got a decent team. We hit a slump in form and went into a low morale downward spiral. I just could not save them, I tried everything. We got relegated, and I resigned the same day. Useless Peruvians.

So alongside Miedz (which is going very well, we're third after winning our group in the group stages) I'm now manager of Bulgaria after they missed out on qualifying for Euro 2008. My first friendly? Norway... thanks, FA.

Still, it's unlikely I'll face any of my former Vikings, since they're spending another season in D1 after only managing to make the playoffs, then losing. Not that many are left there... Helland has sold most of them. Both of my two attacking midfielders are at Lillestrom now, while Brede Hangaland is at... Southend, currently bottom of Division 2 in January 2008. Odegaard went to Valarenga but at least they got good money for him, which is more than can be said for Toni Kuivasto. Oh, and Lunde Aarsheim? The guy that's been at Viking all his career and was my captain and star player? Celta Vigo, £1.2m. Bastards!

Fuck's sake, just noticed another one... Erik Fuglestad, key DMR...BRISTOL CITY :@

The only members of my Europe-beating side remaining are Ben Wright and Amado Guevara, and Guevara was only a fringe player.

Is it Shinnik by any chance? I managed them once, and did well once I got a decent team. We hit a slump in form and went into a low morale downward spiral. I just could not save them, I tried everything. We got relegated, and I resigned the same day. Useless Peruvians.

Nah Bryansk or something. I think Shinnik beat me, I still haven't won yet, but I've got a few draws including against a second place side. The windows been and gone and I brought about 6-7 players in, but half of the fuckers have got injured in matches, it's a complete joke :P

Edit: And I'm relegated. :/ Gay. I've been without my first choice keeper for all but two games, my star player has missed half of the games, the striker I started with hasn't scored a single goal yet, the striker I brought in has been injured half of the time and I think I've had one match in the game so far where at least one of my players hasn't left the pitch with an injury. So yeah, down with a record of 0-3-13, scored 8 conceded 36. Not the best start to a game, but I was always up against it.

Edit 2: I did the honourable thing and resigned, let them get someone else in for the last few games ahead of the new season.

Edited by --Matt--

I started a new Journeyman game becuase I realizied I go nowhere as a 30 year-old guy with Automatic Experience.

This time I started out by being hired by Rushden in the Blue Square Premiership in January 2009 and I have started out strong in the League with a home and an away win but I got knocked out of the FA Trophy in the 2nd round. :crying:

A few questions

1. Can i get this for Windows XP

2. Is there going to be a 2010 one if so is it comming out for the 360

3. Is it worth getting this or should i wait for the new one?

1. Yes, of course.

2. Yes there is a 2010 game coming out this autumn but no it won't be on the 360, they've stopped making FM for consoles aside from PSP I believe.

3. Yes, this game is utterly brilliant and if you've played any previous installments of FM you'll likely enjoy it.