Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to stop going to MLS clubs. I lasted 8 games at LA Galaxy before just hating their shitness and really being fed up of the MLS after managing three clubs there :shifty:. Lost my first Sweden game to Belgium because some of our better players went BIH. Still top though.

I buggered off to Airdrie Utd! They appear to have attracted a Turkish owner who gave me 15 million to spend!

Edited by Lord Hobington

I can't bring myself to play anymore. I have umpteen ideas, load up the game and just look at it and think "ugh", then quit.

I have a journeyman game thats about 2/3 season in at Camacha in Portugal. Then I have a Sunderland game span off from that as I saw them in the championship. Just can't bring myself to play anymore, think it's because the seasons finished and any new games mean I have to see Newcastle still in the Premiership, Southampton in the Championship etc. etc. so I can't get into it.

You could always get an end of season update, that's what i've been using on my latest game.

I should really go back to that and finish the 3rd season with Newcastle as i've got them playing well but I just can't be bothered going on FM and waiting ages for each game.

I just got fucked by a flaw in the game.

It's 2013 and my Ajax just beat Juventus to go to the final of the Champions League. My goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg got injured already two months ago for more than 4 months which sucked, so my 20 year old second goalie had to take over but he did surprisingly well against the likes of Lyon and Juventus. Last game of the season I check my line-up and there's something red in front of the keeper's name, what's that? HE'S ON INTERNATIONAL DUTY WITH UNDER 19 OF SPAIN! In real life he would not have been called up because Ajax would have talked with the Spanish U19 manager and obviously the player would want to stay to play in the fucking CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL (not only that but also the Dutch Cup final after that). So now Spain U19 are going to play three games spread over 2/3 weeks with fucking THREE GK's and I have to use my U19 goalie who is absolute shite, he has no potential whatsoever, but he has to play in the deciding game of the season for the title, the Dutch Cup final and the CL final against Arsenal, yippee.

Woohoo! After three seasons at DC United, we won the MLS Cup!

Midway through the season one of my backup attacking midfielders began complaining about playtime. A week before the transfer deadline, Kansas City made me an offer for him, which would have given me their fourth round pick in the Supplemental Draft. I sent a counter offer asking for their fourth round and first round. They got back to me a day or two before deadline and accepted. Said midfielder didn't do squat in Kansas City, we won the MLS Cup and now have two first round picks in the upcoming Supplemental Draft. Neat. I think I only want to spend another season or two with United. Or I may just wait for the 2014 World Cup to be done, so I can try to get with a National team.

Edited by Macho Meacon Randy Savage

Explain to me something about the MLS man.

As Columbus Crew I signed David Beckham for 100,000 and giving them draft picks. It says Beckham can't be registered until later then the next day I see he's on the waiver list and then he's released? how do I get around this? I am really tempted to play in the MLS but the rules really confuse me.

So fuck this gay Villareal shit.

Realised just how bad I am at this game again so I thought I'd start a Man City game so I at least have some fun before the depressing nature of my shittiness sinks in. Built this team so far:

GK: Hart

DR: G Johnson

DL: Boka (2.2m, seems like a bargain! not that that matters with Man City)

DC: Dunne

DC: Richards

MC: Fernandes

MC: Veloso

AMC: Arshavin

AMC: Elano

AMC: Arango

FC: Robinho/Santa Cruz

No doubt this formation will fail me but it looks fucking awesome. Especially when I sell some dead wood and get enough cash to bring in Barry. Still not sure who to sell though, since I want to keep guys like Jo, Petrov, SWP, Ireland, Johnson, Kompany, Ben Haim, Garrido and so on. Hopefully Hamann, Ball and Onouha can raise the adequate funds!

Decent enough managerial career so far.

Started out at Celtic and won everything(except the Champions League but I didn't have the heart to try and win it with Celtic after losing in the latter stages in a shoot-out), I moved onto Sporting Lisbon and had an UNDEFEATED season :D(And a defender was my top scorer...),

Got to semi's in Europe once again but this time I got thrashed by Lyon and moved onto Manchester City, the team already had a squad stacked with stars but some unnecessary foreign talent who I shipped out, the team currently is:

GK: Sergio Asenjo(Release Clause I think it was around 7.5 mil?)

DR: Micah Richards

DL: Marcelo

DC: Richard Dunne

DC: Phil Jagielka

MC: Michael Johnson

MC: Marouane Fellaini(8.75 million)

MR: Andrey Arshavin

ML: Ashley Young(29 million)

FC: Robinho

FC: Giuseppe Rossi(23 million)

Trying to build a English squad after shipping out loads of needless foreign talent(Lucho Gonzales on 150,000 a week? FUCK OFF!) won the FA Cup and League Cup in my first season and just started the second..already beat United who are sinking lower and lower down the table each year..why are they so pathetic in this game unless you are managing them?.

So fuck this gay Villareal shit.

Realised just how bad I am at this game again so I thought I'd start a Man City game so I at least have some fun before the depressing nature of my shittiness sinks in. Built this team so far:

GK: Hart

DR: G Johnson

DL: Boka (2.2m, seems like a bargain! not that that matters with Man City)

DC: Dunne

DC: Richards

MC: Fernandes

MC: Veloso

AMC: Arshavin

AMC: Elano

AMC: Arango

FC: Robinho/Santa Cruz

No doubt this formation will fail me but it looks fucking awesome. Especially when I sell some dead wood and get enough cash to bring in Barry. Still not sure who to sell though, since I want to keep guys like Jo, Petrov, SWP, Ireland, Johnson, Kompany, Ben Haim, Garrido and so on. Hopefully Hamann, Ball and Onouha can raise the adequate funds!

Lemme help you; Jo, Petrov, Johnson and Garrido are not good enough, sell them and buy some quality players like Srna and Zhirkov. I also think Boka is not good enough and Richards is at his best at DR according to FM (bright green dot, on DC he's dark green) and he's probably better than Johnson at DR. I say you either put Kompany at DC or buy a new DC :)

Boka is fine! And I'm not selling Jo because he just got there and that's unrealistic and silly. I'm keeping Johnson because I want to blood him into a good player and because if I were to sell the youngsters immediately the fans could get on my back in a realistic scenario! I decided to keep Garrido as back-up instead of Ball because Ball's a cunt.

I'm bored of buying Srna and Zhirkov. Buying the same players every game is shit.