Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Dear God, every time I win a match or get a point, the teams around me do the same. Fortunately I beat relegation battlers Brentford 2-0 at home, but I'm still rooted to the bottom of the table but have managed to drag them down with me. I'm on 32 points, Brentford on 33 in 23rd.

22nd, 21st and 20th are Crewe, Bradford and Blackpool all on 34. We can go all the way up to 13th where Brighton are only on 39. So as long as I keep taking points, eventually I'm going to get off the foot of the table and start moving up. I want to take this team to the Championship and beyond but as it stands I'm bottom of League One :(

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love Sergio Asenjo, I got him for a small amount something like 7.5 million and he's been the best goalkeeper I have ever had on any version of FM/CM, he was always steady for me and the last 5 games which are crucial he's been amazing.

What happened is I lost the three players in my team who hold things together/gets things going in Ronaldo,Berbatov and Fazio so against Arsenal in the Champions League when I lose Vidic after 7 minutes to a red card I fear the worst.

Fabregas,Nasri and all completely tear apart the midfield with passing and without the height of Ronaldo their full back climbs all over Messi and Nani in the air, Asenjo then decides to transform into superman and makes TWELVE saves from Arsenal's 15 shots on target. Then in around the 80th minute he launches the ball up field and Nani volleys it in!, Arsenal put everyone forward for a final corner and cool as you like he plucks the ball out of the air and throws it up to O'Shea who goes around a defender and slots it away to give me a 2-0 lead!.

In the second leg I set out to just stifle Arsenal but it went wrong and I gave away two penalties, the first one Van Persie blazed over and then in the 87th minute Eboue takes the penalty and Asenjo saves.

I literally want to hump him through the monitor

Had a decent second season with Chelsea. My hopes of winning a domestic treble were ruined when Gabriel Heinze missed his penalty in the shootout against Man Utd in the FA Cup final. But still...I won the Premier League for the first time which is pretty good. My defence of the Champions League was completely dire though. Oh and I won the Super Cup and World Club Cup...but who cares? Now the plan is to hopefully get a cushy national job after the mass firings of the World Cup and be a bit of a Guus Hiddink.

Here's the outline of my season. Transfers, league table, squad and that sort of thing...

championsleague.jpg

premierleague.jpg

squad1.jpg

squad2.jpg

transfers1.jpg

transfers2.jpg

I'm getting ready for my fourth season as manager of Chelsea

So far I've:

Won the League 3 times

Won the CL for the past two years

Won the FA cup

Won the Super Cup

Won the Community Sheild

High so far: Winning the last league, it was all down to a match against Arsenal on the last day... which ended up 5-1 to us with an Anelka hat trick :D

Low so far:

Getting a player for £6 million when they were offered to me for £18m. Why you ask? Because it was Newcastle, and they'd have wanted an extra £12m in the Championship :(

Won the Champions League with United after a physical final with Real, the match started off horribly with Tevez(who I sold in the second season for 35 mil)scoring against me. Rooney got a penalty early in the first half but fired it straight as Cassilas and we just struggled to get going after that, I had the guts to haul off Rooney and Nani for John Fleck and Frazier Campbell and Fleck put in a great ball into the box which Marcelo diverted into his own net

Got the win on penalties thus further extending my love for Asenjo as he saved from Sergio Ramos and Miguel Torres, Chretien hit the winner for us.

The league was annoying though, I needed to batter Bolton by 4 goals at home to win the league but with Rooney suspended I just couldn't hit the back of the net despite going all out attack and Liverpool won.

Left now to Reading who have uber rich Luxembourg owners and so far I have bought in Wes Brown and Hargreaves from Man United as well as a good Portugese goalkeeper and I just bought this rather unproven 19 year old English striker for 16 million....he could turn out to be an epic signing or an uber flop so we'll see how it goes

Any one know where to get a january transfer window update??

Try www.sortitoutsi.net

That shocked me too.. bastards :shifty: when will Feyenoord ever make the Champions League again?

Never, so I say, start managing them to make it happen.

Don't you think I tried? :shifty: Had a game as Feyenoord (on 08 mind) and upto the beginning of January I was in the relegation zone. Managed an awesome comeback including a 4-0 AWAY victory against Ajax and finishing 5th in the league and qualifying for the UEFA Cup through the playoffs

Edited by EddieG

So I thought my defence was severly weakened by losing both Ashley Cole and Alex in the transfer window and replacing the pair with Joe Mattock but it hasn't been that way. I've actually had a 100% start to the season so far and Ashley Young, who I played about twice the previous year, has been phenomenal.

Well I didn't actually lose Ashley Cole. I'm just refusing to play him because he's not signing another contract. Hopefully gonna get rid of him in January.

Oh and I just broke my personal transfer record on a manager game too. Cool.

Survived with Gillingham on the last day of the season and immediately went about trying to strengthen the side, brought in Patrick Agyemang so far for a bit of pace up front. Also got Chris Martin, whose a bit of a cock so I'm guessing they just modeled him on the Coldplay frontman. There's some decent players in the team but hopefully with me in charge for a full season I won't get to Christmas and be bottom of the league. Not been able to sign the players as well as I thought I could, but am looking to bring in Simon Hackney and stick him on the left. I have about 3 AMRL's but none of them are that great.

May consider bringing Matt James back on loan from Man Utd but I dislike relying on players who will never be part of the squad. At £2.2m value it's not like we'll ever sign him, and if we did we'd be in the Championship/Premiership with a healthy budget. I have a feeling it might be another tough season but hopefully not as difficult injury wise as I took quite a few set backs last year. Got some decent cover as well, so my team does look stronger but I'm not expecting anything great. I said I'd get mid table but I'm expecting lower mid table just above the relegation dog fight if I'm honest. Maybe I'll strike lucky and a striker will keep us on good form.

A guy just came through the Chelsea youth team who is Scottish, has my surname and has me as favoured personnel so I have decided that he is going to be my son.

Pity he's shit. <_<

You should play him over the rest of your (*looking back at your end of season 2 post on the last page*) rather insanely awesome team as a kind of stereotypical, crazy Dad 'You're going to be the greatest footballer in the world so that I can be the greatest footballer in the world's Dad' kinda way.

Either that or just release him to show him tough love.