Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

1. I get the same, does it also say lang_db.dat could not be found?

2. Have you got a legal copy? :shifty: I do, but lent out the cd so I had to get a crack, and that's really f'd the game up

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's possibly something to do with uninstalling it, it may do something to the save files that makes them unplayable?

Or the last time you played you may have turned off the PC/plug/power cut while it was loaded, which would also render it unloadable again?

Either of them a possibility?

I don't think there were any problems with turning the PC off/the power...and besides, it seems to be this way for all the 8 or 9 I have.

If it's the first thing, that would be needlessly bastardish of the program.

:o It works now.

I have no idea why... Literally all I have done is close the game down (from the first time I tried, where it had launched from the installation), and started it up again - because I was going to make sure whether all the save games were broken in the same way.

Now they all work.

Fucking bizarre thing.

How much I paid for each member of my team and how long they've been there:

Alfred Scholze (13.5m, 2 years) Falcao (20m, 6 years)

Matias Fernandez (15m, 7 years)

Stewart Downing (18.5m, 8 years) Matt Kidd (275k, 8 years)

Gojko Kacar (15.25m, 7 years)

Gareth Bale (5m, 10 years) Jose Manuel Villena (6.5m, 2 years) Jack Rodwell (9m, 7 years) Dean Cole (6m, 3 years)

Rene Adler (30m, 1 year)

Bench: Gomes (7.25m, 9 years), Phil Jagielka (-4.3m, 9 years), Tom Huddlestone (2.5m, 12 years), David Bentley (15m, 9 years), Danny Rose (1m, 10 years), Francisco Lopez (2.7m, 5 years), Artem Milevskyi (24m, 7 years)

So overall, that's 187.175m spent on my first 18 (at an average of 10.4m a player) who have provided 122 years of service (average of 6.8 years per player).

Yeah, I'm bored >_>

Gareth Bale (5m, 10 years) Jose Manuel Villena (6.5m, 2 years) Jack Rodwell (9m, 7 years) Dean Cole (6m, 3 years)

Rene Adler (30m, 1 year)

Bench: Gomes (7.25m, 9 years), Phil Jagielka (-4.3m, 9 years), Tom Huddlestone (2.5m, 12 years), David Bentley (15m, 9 years), Danny Rose (1m, 10 years), Francisco Lopez (2.7m, 5 years), Artem Milevskyi (24m, 7 years)

So overall, that's 187.175m spent on my first 18 (at an average of 10.4m a player) who have provided 122 years of service (average of 6.8 years per player).

Yeah, I'm bored >_>

You got 4.3m when you bought Jagielka? :w00t:

Rene Adler (30m, 1 year)

Yeah, I'm bored >_>

You got 4.3m when you bought Jagielka? :w00t:

I gave them Michael Dawson, they gave me Jagielka and 4.3m (H)

He then went on to be my captain for years and years whilst Everton and Dawson just got relegated :P

wycombe.jpg

tablelde.jpg

transfersd.jpg

Just a couple of screenies from my Wycombe game. I haven't spend a dime in signing players. The wage budget was a little high for the 1st half of the 2nd season, but I trimmed the fat, got some loans, resigned players for longer contracts at less weekly wages and currently on track to win promotion to League 1. I'm very excited, I never thought I'd get into a lower league game, but this has been addicting, fun, heartbreaking (losing out on promotion via penalties), exciting, and frustrating at times... all the reasons why everyone loves FM.

Edited by Ando Solo

Ahh Jacob Mellis, the journeyman of the lower league loans.

I don't know whats happening, but we're 8th in league 1 on our debut season there, and I really haven't bolstered the team a great deal. We've still got players that were with us since the BSP making the 1st team. And we're in the final of the St Johnstones Paint trophy and got to the 4th round of the FA cup. Its been another ridiculous season with Stevenage. I doubt its gonna last much longer though.

Jacob Mellis wasn't that good for me. I got promoted to League 1 as champions and I'm expected to finish in 20th place, but I'm sure we'll end up in a much higher spot. I haven't made many signings so far, I got James Dunne back from my parent club Arsenal, he was massive down the stretch for me, hopefully he can step up again. My left winger wants to leave seeing as he raped defences all year last year, I set his value at a cool million as there's a bunch of teams interested. I won't sell him unless I get somewhere around there, which would be a massive sale for a League 1 team, I think.

Well in my Leicester game I am in mid-January 2016 and Milan Mandaric is looking to sell the club. Yayy says I. Actually I don't really care, seen as I've won the Premiership once, finished runner-up and third as well once each and am currently top, seven points clear. I've also won the Carling Cup, Community Shield twice, UEFA Cup, Club World Cup, Super Cup and Champions League.

My point? Well apparently the consortium that want to buy the club are going to replace me with Jurgen Klinsmann. Let me point out Klinsmann was manager of Man Utd for one year, won nothing and was sacked. He was also manager of Atletico Madrid and won nothing. He did win some stuff in Germany. Good for him. If I get sacked I'm going to cry. :'(

They normally give you a chance to prove yourself, it's just the games way of trying to make it seem more realistic. Sometimes works, normally doesn't though when it reckons a Premier League and European Cup winning manager is getting replaced by Curbishley.

Well in that case that's ok.

Does anyone have goals for their game? I have two very specific aims with this Leicester team before I think of leaving though; have Joe Mattock break the appearance record and Lenny the goalscoring record. The current records are 528 appearances for Adam Black and 259 goals for Arthur Chandler. Unfortunately Lenny is only on 87 after three-and-a-half seasons, but Joe Mattock is somewhat closer with 315, currently in his tenth season and only 25, so he should be easy. Providing I don't get sacked.

Oh, and to make the game even more realistic Real Madrid are trying to buy Cristiano Ronaldo off of me. They never get the message do they?

On a funny note, Man Utd are currently 19th. :)