Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Pfft. You kids with your 2009 games. You should join me and be all retro playing Champ Man 97/98. I have an oddly balanced United team that features Ronaldo, Del Piero and Gifton Noel-Williams.

Brilliant...you've reminded me that I bought CM00/01 for £1 to have a bash on it. I have a fuckload of time at work where I do nothing, so might have to get back into the game.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Be wary, some of the games from around that time don't work on Vista. Dunno if that'll have an impact on you or not.

Oh, and the funniest league position at the moment in my game is Newcastle, having been 3rd, 2nd, 2nd and 3rd in the past four seasons, now being in 18th and having won two games out of 14. Chelsea, who finished 2nd in the last season, are also down on 14th. Leaving my two title rivals at the moment being Spurs...and Wolves. And they're both 11 points behind already. Yay my awesome team!

Holy fuck, my Manchester City gave has gone amazingly well so far. My major signings were Vagner Love, Yury Zhirkov and Jagielka. We had a crazy 15 game unbeaten run in the league, 13 wins and 2 draws, before falling 4-2 to Manchester United.

If we have problems, it's that Robinho and Love have a habit of being crap in big matches, and we've developed a tendancy to only play well in one half of games.

In January, just under three weeks away, I aim to bring in a striker to play back-up to Robinho and Love, but someone with more experience than I already have in Sturridge and Evans, and generally sign a few promising youngsters who don't mind playing in the reserves but can make an impact if needed.

Does anyone know if Ezequiel Lavezza turns out OK? He has 6 goals in 9 starts for Napoli, which is encouraging, and I'm thinking of signing him to play in cases where Robinho or Love is injured/playing badly/dead.

God, my left winger is a cunt. I've offered him 5 contracts and he's rejected all of them. I place him on the transfer list so I can try to make some money off of him rather than losing him for free. I do one of the press conferences and the last question is asking me how I feel about my captain thinking that my left winger has been treated unfairly. So then I go and look and yup, he's concerned that his team-mate has been treated unfairly. I check my left winger and it says he doesn't want to leave! JESUS! This is driving me nuts.

Holy fuck, my Manchester City gave has gone amazingly well so far. My major signings were Vagner Love, Yury Zhirkov and Jagielka. We had a crazy 15 game unbeaten run in the league, 13 wins and 2 draws, before falling 4-2 to Manchester United.

If we have problems, it's that Robinho and Love have a habit of being crap in big matches, and we've developed a tendancy to only play well in one half of games.

In January, just under three weeks away, I aim to bring in a striker to play back-up to Robinho and Love, but someone with more experience than I already have in Sturridge and Evans, and generally sign a few promising youngsters who don't mind playing in the reserves but can make an impact if needed.

Does anyone know if Ezequiel Lavezza turns out OK? He has 6 goals in 9 starts for Napoli, which is encouraging, and I'm thinking of signing him to play in cases where Robinho or Love is injured/playing badly/dead.

Hehe, you're playing the exact same way I did in my first season (even with same signings; Zhirkov, Jagielka and Love) and I also thought it was a good idea to get a third striker and I ended up getting Oscar Cardozo from Benfica, has done great so far for me and is a big guy which is always handy as a sub.

barclayspremierleague.png

This was the end of my first season with Man City. Didn't expect to win the title immediately when I started but we truely deserved it because we beat Chelsea twice, Man Utd once and a draw, Arsenal twice and Liverpool once, so the best of the top. For the longest time I battled with Man Utd until I beat them at Old Trafford and then they lost again to Everton.

manchestercity.png

As you can see at the top, I haven't played a game yet, still in pre-season and I managed to get Demichelis while he had an offer from AC Milan too so I was a happy bird. Also bought Drenthe for 4m, Balotelli for 11m which is cheap as hell for a super talent like him and Criscito from Juventus. Loaned some players like Onuoha out and I sold Caicedo, Garrido etc and still trying to get rid of that annoying Jo :shifty: But this is probably the team I'm going to be using next season.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

My main rivals are Chelsea. They had the same record as me, 13 wins and 2 draws, until my loss to United.

I'll look into Cardozo, thanks for the tip.

I also can't choose betwen De Jong and Fernandes. De Jong has better stats but makes more mistakes in my game, while Fernandes is technically worse but doesn't seem to make mistakes and both have a practically identical average rating so far. I tend to play De Jong for big matches, and Fernandes the rest of the time, bar injuries to one or the other obviously. Also, Elano and Ireland have both been good for me coming off the bench, but a bit iffy starting, but they've been OK overall.

That was harsh. Got to the League 1 play-off finals after beating Preston 4-2 away, and then in the first minute my top striker gets sent off for elbowing someone in the face. We then play....actually quite well, and we lose by a freak goal in the 118th minute. The dream of 3 promotions in 3 years would have been amazing, because we could have won on penalties, I had brilliant takers ready. Gah brah.

Not too bothered though as (while ive said it before the last 2 seasons) we would actually get murdered in the Championship.

But the club love me, have offered me a ridiculously long contract (well...4 years), and I have absolutely no money what-so-ever.

Took a job at FC Gute in Sweden to start my journeyman game. This team has a lot of history in the lower leagues (been around since 1905) but complete shit for players. We already in relegation when I took over and in 3 games they've managed to score 2 goals. They were both from a defender and he's so bad at defense he's been the main reason we've allowed 7 goals in that span.

I hate the fact that he won't sign a new contract, but he's still the best player on my whole team... CUNT!

DAMN YOU GUILLAUME QUELLIER!!!! DAMN YOU!!!

My star defender's gone and done an Adebayor

literally minutes after saying that he'd like to move to a bigger club he requests a new contract... and wants another 5 years.

Now for the past 7 months I've been trying to get him to sign him to just another 2 years... and now he wants to end his career at the club

Took a job at FC Gute in Sweden to start my journeyman game. This team has a lot of history in the lower leagues (been around since 1905) but complete shit for players. We already in relegation when I took over and in 3 games they've managed to score 2 goals. They were both from a defender and he's so bad at defense he's been the main reason we've allowed 7 goals in that span.

I got Hollviken from the Swedish Lower Tiers up to the Swedish First Division Elite and in the UEFA Cup for two consecutive seasons.

If you have loaded players from loads of nations go after Davide Sallstorm(CB),Gabriel Lubian(Uruguyan ST) and look through the North Korean national team they have a goalkeeper named Ri Myong, a really good right winger whose name starts with Pak and a good ST named Kang Jin Hyok

Being successful in Norway is a stupid idea. First season, won the UEFA Cup and the league, but since the season starts 'half-way through' the season from an English/Southern Europe perspective, Euro qualifiers are decided based on the positions from the season before.

So, season starts in February with the UEFA Cup 4th round. Beat Kiev in that.

March is the quarter final against PSV, win that.

April is Porto in the semis, which again I win. April is also the start of the domestic season.

May begins the Norwegian Cup, or the Viking vs. Rosenborg trophy as it's becoming known (although we met in the 4th round this year, so it's the Viking Trophy this season). May is also, of course, the UEFA Cup final, which incidentally we win for the second year running.

June is the 2nd and 3rd round of the Norwegian Cup, while everyone else is on holiday.

July is the 4th round and also, oh look, World Club Championships.

Since we dodged Barcelona in the groups, August is the WCC semi finals and if we win that we have to play the final THREE DAYS LATER. Also in August, the Champions League has started again, and since we're in it, that's another two games for us! AND THE SUPER CUP! AND the Norwegian Cup quarter finals.

September has the Norwegian Cup Semis and Champions League Group Stage matches.

October has the Norwegian Cup Final and more Champions League matches.

Then there are more Champions League matches throughout the winter, while all the other teams are having their break.

Oh yeah, and the small matter of a 26 game league season to play, somewhere between all that. That's FIFTY THREE GAMES guaranteed (at this point in the season - August). We could, possibly, have to play SIXTY FOUR if we go on to win the Champions League and get past Deportivo in the WCC, but that's highly unlikely. Sixty four games, when your average Norwegian Premiership team who gets through to the quarter finals of the league cup will only play 31.

To look at it another way, I'm playing more NON-Premiership games this season than I am Premiership games. And my squad don't get a winter break.

Eat your heart out, Sir Alex. If anyone asks for a friendly this season, they're getting a punch in the face. From Brede Hangeland.

Edit: Two other curiosities: The WCC Final against Barcelona is due to be played at the Nou Camp, which hardly seems fair <_< Also, my squad are complaining that we're underachieving because we're 6th in the league... with 6 games in hand...

Edited by Farmer Reil

Arsenal have 19 wins and 1 loss after 20 games in the league so far, scoring 46 and conceding just 11. Meanwhile, I'm in third with just 35 points.

Course, I'm the team that beat them (2-1 at the Lane) (H)

But they're on track to get over 100 points, which'd be a first for the Premier League in the 9 years I've already played (highest before was Arsenal again with 95).

• Admin

Been linked with a string of Championship jobs - Leicester, Birmingham, Southampton, Charlton and recently QPR. I'm quite attached to my rag-tag group at Accrington. Midway through Season 2 and we're 11th, but only 3 points off 4th, and our form is improving. Deuchar has 11 goals from 15 games, and most of the squad have me listed as their favoured personnel now.

Aww.

Made it through to the 3rd Round of the FA Cup too. Was hoping for a juicy home tie against a big team to boost the finances, but instead got home to fellow League 2 side Rochdle. Oh well, it's a chance to get to the Fourth Round I guess.

My Man City gave is going slowly, not least due to my slow processor taking 3-4 mins to sim other scores when it's a large premier league fixture list.

I'm really enjoying playin git, but I do wish I had selected a medium database, not small, as I'm finding this a little limiting. I'm mulling over a new game with a big club with a medium database for a bit more variety in younger players. Arsenal are a candidate. Maybe Chelsea, though I hate them and managing a club you hate didn't work out well for Brian Clough and Leeds United. Though the chance to re-shape them into a team I like is tempting.

Anyway, as for Manchester City, I just played Spartak Moscow in the knock-out stages of the UEFA Cup with my three first choice strikers unavailable and despite hammering them there were no goals in the team and we drew 0-0 at home. Good news for the away leg is that at the very least I'll have Vagner Love back and maybe Robinho.