WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

JoeMimic

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would liked to have seen Sid,Diesel,Razor,Owen Hart(as i already said)Bulldogg..Haku maybe? also what about Doink and Crush haha

Bulldog is in. Doink and Crush? Really?

I'm surprised Demolition isn't in. I do love the old school movesets. It'll be interesting to see how the gameplay is, It might be a little too simplified but I'll wait until I play.

Edited by JoeMimic

• 2 weeks later...

Double post, but I figured this warranted it.

Credit: Chad Mosher and Pwinsider.com

- The following information comes from an online chat with Paul Edwards, a member of the THQ: WWE Legends of WrestleMania design team:

* The control system is designed to be something of a mix between the old school arcade game style play and today's controls.

* There is no Playstation 2 version as they wanted to focus on the newer systems to keep their efforts focused on the highest quality game possible.

* There are no female characters in the game due to time constraints.

* There will be characters that fans can unlock via gameplay. They teased Howard Finkel.

* There will be 30 "Legends" in the game but you will be able to bring over the WWE roster and created characters you've put together from the most recent Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 game. The only exception will be characters that were later created for SVR2009 as downloadable additions.

* There will be Steel Cage and Ladder matches in the game. The cage will be the old school big blue cage. The game will also feature a Royal Rumble.

* There are video montages that WWE edited together for the "Wrestlemania tour mode" portion of the game, including some footage that WWE has never released on DVD before.

* Designers have recreated all of the venues and looks of the first 15 Wrestlemania events, minus the "WWF" logo, which they can't use for legal reasons.

* Like Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, you will be able to import custom music for your characters.

* Damien the snake and Frankie the bird pop up.

* All of the classic music will be used for Legends, as well as some new music for talents that didn't have music that was still available for the game.

* There will be no referee visible in the game as the look is meant to be a throwback to the early WWF Arcade Games and there were no referees in those.

* The hope is to make the game a yearly franchise like Smackdown vs. Raw but game sales will determine whether that happens.

* There will be multiple costumes for talents.

* The World Heavyweight, Million Dollar, Intercontinental, and Tag Team championships are included in the game.

* No Kim Chee with Kamala.

* You will be able to create stables in the game.

* There will only be four managers in the game and you will not be able to create managers on your own.

anyword on importing yet? like theres no women on this game but on svr09 there is, also i were hoping personally that when you import the roster the titantron and music can be used on every wrestler in the game to, as for the created finisher surely it wouldnt be possible for svr09 created finishers to go into legends game

Guest ToffeeFan2k8
Double post, but I figured this warranted it.

Credit: Chad Mosher and Pwinsider.com

- The following information comes from an online chat with Paul Edwards, a member of the THQ: WWE Legends of WrestleMania design team:

* The control system is designed to be something of a mix between the old school arcade game style play and today's controls.

* There is no Playstation 2 version as they wanted to focus on the newer systems to keep their efforts focused on the highest quality game possible.

* There are no female characters in the game due to time constraints.

* There will be characters that fans can unlock via gameplay. They teased Howard Finkel.

* There will be 30 "Legends" in the game but you will be able to bring over the WWE roster and created characters you've put together from the most recent Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 game. The only exception will be characters that were later created for SVR2009 as downloadable additions.

* There will be Steel Cage and Ladder matches in the game. The cage will be the old school big blue cage. The game will also feature a Royal Rumble.

* There are video montages that WWE edited together for the "Wrestlemania tour mode" portion of the game, including some footage that WWE has never released on DVD before.

* Designers have recreated all of the venues and looks of the first 15 Wrestlemania events, minus the "WWF" logo, which they can't use for legal reasons.

* Like Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, you will be able to import custom music for your characters.

* Damien the snake and Frankie the bird pop up.

* All of the classic music will be used for Legends, as well as some new music for talents that didn't have music that was still available for the game.

* There will be no referee visible in the game as the look is meant to be a throwback to the early WWF Arcade Games and there were no referees in those.

* The hope is to make the game a yearly franchise like Smackdown vs. Raw but game sales will determine whether that happens.

* There will be multiple costumes for talents.

* The World Heavyweight, Million Dollar, Intercontinental, and Tag Team championships are included in the game.

* No Kim Chee with Kamala.

* You will be able to create stables in the game.

* There will only be four managers in the game and you will not be able to create managers on your own.

Nice to see you can read.

This is like the only place with helpful information to me. But I am thinking about buying this upon its release... however, I'm on the fence due to the seemingly lack of replayability it offers. Maybe I just don't know about it enough.

Relive/Rewrite focuses around one match/storyline leading to the match - Would get old after the first day. And Redefine is just changing the match type? Ugh.

I don't play any of the SD/Raw games so when I researched and saw that the career mode was only 5 characters I was disappointed in that. But basically if there is some longevity to this game I'll definitely purchase. I just, sadly, don't see it. Any help on deciding?

-----------------------------------

Ok, now to my main problem with the game. The roster. They've done an alright job, but looking over the roster there are some glaring omissions, some people I would have like to seen in, some I want as DLC, and some I just wonder why they are in. Koko B. Ware, that's ok I suppose but a legend of Mania? No. Hayes and Arn (I'll play as Arn all the time) shouldn't be in the game either. And here is a list of some from the top of my head that were left out/I'd have liked to seen in:

People who should be (including obvious TNA ommissions; non-legends contract): Savage, Steamboat, Orndorff, Tito Santana, Dynamite Kid, Hercules, Adrian Adonis, Rick Martel, Don Muraco, Bad News Brown, Dino Bravo, Demolition, Haku, Razor, Diesel, Owen, Foley, Eddy, Benoit (obvoiusly can't be in), Angle, Kane.

Out of those the ones I wonder most about: Tito Santana (WM's 1-8 and worked the dark match at 9; and had noteable feuds), Paul Orndorff, Dynamite Kid, Demolition, Hercules, Rick Martel, and Haku.

And Mr. T should be a DLC or Unlockable. WM1 Main Event & WM2 Boxing bout vs. Piper... :shifty:

Honestly, I'm the exact opposite. The controls are a bit difficult at first to comprehend simply because of being so accustomed to SvR, but this feels like a call back to old-school fighting and wrestling games. The Rock and Austin match is fun as shit to play. I didn't expect much from this game, but I think I've fallen in love.

Just played it with Winter F'N Sun/DFF/DFS, we both think the same. It's basic as fuck not much depth, weird controls, but strangley fun. And agreed on the Austin/Rock match being fun.