WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

JoeMimic

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heenan!

I'd hope for Micheals and 'Taker on the roster. I know it probably won't happen because they are both still active, but it's Mr. Wrestlemania and The Streak, they should be on! I'm also hoping for Piper who should certainly be on, and Rick Rude.

And that box-art is immense.

Heenan!

I'd hope for Micheals and 'Taker on the roster. I know it probably won't happen because they are both still active, but it's Mr. Wrestlemania and The Streak, they should be on! I'm also hoping for Piper who should certainly be on, and Rick Rude.

And that box-art is immense.

I'm pretty sure you can transfer active wrestlers from SvR to LOW. (Y)

• 3 weeks later...
As noted earlier, WWE has plans to release WWE Legends of WrestleMania, a video game based on legends and alumni who have appeared at WrestleMania in the 1980s and 1990s. It will be released in March 2009 to coincide with WrestleMania XXV.

An updated list of characters for the upcoming Legends of Wrestlemania has been released -- 35 in all. The list of characters are as follows: Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, The Rock, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Undertaker, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Bret "The Hitman" Hart, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ultimate Warrior, "Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase, Mr. Perfect, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, Yokozuna, Haku, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, "Ravishing" Rick Rude, "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Jim Ross, Sgt. Slaughter, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, "Mean" Gene Okerlund, Honky Tonk Man, Earthquake, Iron Sheik, Legion of Doom, "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart, Gorilla Monsoon, Mr. Fuji, Tito Santana, Joey Marella (as referee), Virgil and Howard Finkel.

Perhaps the biggest omission from the video is that of "Macho Man" Randy Savage, who competed at eight WrestleMania events in all and left the pay-per-view spectacular with the WWF Championship belt on two occasions. Another huge name that won't be featured in the game is Mick Foley, whose WWE contract expiration coincided with the deadline for characters to be featured in the video game.

It was reported back in September that Vince McMahon made the decision to pull Foley from the video game as a result of their personal fallout. He also made the decision to ban Randy Savage from the video game for reasons unknown.

From Rajah.com off all places

I know he may be in as a commentator, but did Jerry Lawler ever wrestle at Wrestlemania?

That is a fucking sexy roster. Austin, Rock, Michaels, Taker, Flair, Perfect, Steamboat, Roberts, Rude, Piper and DiBiase = SOLD. Awesome stuff.

I'm getting this, unless it plays terribly. Hopefully it'll be a fun game.

No Foley :(

Still, I'm definitely interested in this. Great concept, let's just hope they don't mess it up.

Me and a couple of the guys at work are trying to drum up interest for dressing up as wrestlers on release day. I was hoping the Legion of Doom would make it in, as that'd be awesome to do, and one of the hot girls could be Sunny >_>

Still, from that list, I guess my co-worker would be Taker, all he needs is the hat. No idea what I'd do, I've only ever dressed up as Kane.

I presume Eddie isn't in this because it's stars from the 80's and 90's? I hope that's the reason, otherwise there isn't an excuse. No Owen, though? =( That makes me sad. Involved in one of the greatest 'Mania matches ever and he doesn't get no love. The chance to recreate Hart vs. Hart would have sold this game for me in an instant.