F/X TV Shows The Thread

Vendetta

i loved the shield, it ended better than it ever could have neded. No Reason to turn the TV on again ever.

A big Interview with Mr. Ryan.

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2008/11/shie...t-finale-q.html

Also one with Sutter on SoA (wich i cannot fully like right now becaus it fels a lot like "hey lets do another the shield)

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2008/11/sons...t-sutter-q.html

So I just read that interview Matzat linked to and in it (I will put in in spoilers since this thread is not marked with spoilers, I guess).

Shawn Ryan brings up Chris Benoit (not by name though). So he did sort of take the Shane ending from Chris Benoit. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that ending.
Edited by Fitzy

• 9 months later...

So, did anyone else catch the season premiere for Sons of Anarchy? I liked it. SPOILERS AHOY:

Man, I feel bad for Opie. First Clay orders a hit on him and his wife is mistaken for him and killed, and now the Sons are just leading him on to "protect" him. Yeah, right - I hope Jax comes around and realizes that nobody's protecting Opie - not even him - they're protecting the club. You can bet that after Clay & co. find out about Gemma's rape they're going to be on the warpath.

Henry Rollins was awesome as well, as was Adam Arkin. Shame they're apparently only slated for six episodes this season.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, uh, Sons of Anarchy

Jax knows Zobelle & co. are actively trying to tear SAMCRO apart, and yet his first instict upon finding CaraCara burned down is... Clay did it? Abuh-what? Look, I realize you've got a beef with Clay but that makes no sense. Everything else has been pinned on Zobelle (rightfully so) up until this point, why all of a sudden "whoops Clay doesn't want me to have anything CLAY DID THIS"?

So, uh, Sons of Anarchy

Jax knows Zobelle & co. are actively trying to tear SAMCRO apart, and yet his first instict upon finding CaraCara burned down is... Clay did it? Abuh-what? Look, I realize you've got a beef with Clay but that makes no sense. Everything else has been pinned on Zobelle (rightfully so) up until this point, why all of a sudden "whoops Clay doesn't want me to have anything CLAY DID THIS"?

My guess is the writers want to portray Jax as being totally consumed by his beef with Clay. Totally agree though, it was completely fucking retarded but.. they've been doing a lot of that this season (portraying the club as totally retarded, clueless, and weak). It's surprising they've lasted this long... shit, aren't they the mother charter?

That being said, Sons of Anarchy's the shit and it's easily the best drama show on TV right now. Pretty impressive considering it took the Shield 4-5 seasons to reach this level of quality.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

Dennis Leary was on the Tonight Show a few nights back and he mentioned that there are only going to be two more seasons of Rescue Me. That feels about right as far as ending the series before it out stays its welcome, but more importantly, it brings about some interesting questions. Will we finally find out if Tommy is really seeing ghosts? Will Tommy survive the show? Will he end up with one of his crazy women? Rescue Me is by far my favorite show on television and as bummed as I will be to see it go off the air I am very excited for the shows last two seasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Sons of Anarchy

Holy.. shit. Man, if I didn't hate Stahl before (I did) I sure as fuck hate that chick now. I was hoping Gemma or Eddie or SOMEONE would just pop her, she's that hateable a character. I'm guessing that next season's going to revolve around some sort of IRA vs. SAMCRO thing now.

Holy fuck, now that was the way to end a season. I don't think it's necessarily going to be an IRA vs. SAMCRO thing though, I'm going to guess they're going to focus more on Jax looking for his son, which is way more dramatic than a gang war. Plus, they still haven't fully finished with the white sepremists. Zobell made it out alive, I'm sure that we're going to see him around sooner rather than later. I really hope that Half Sac didn't die though, that'd be a bummer. Either way though, next season is going to be awesome.

Holy fuck, now that was the way to end a season. I don't think it's necessarily going to be an IRA vs. SAMCRO thing though, I'm going to guess they're going to focus more on Jax looking for his son, which is way more dramatic than a gang war. Plus, they still haven't fully finished with the white sepremists. Zobell made it out alive, I'm sure that we're going to see him around sooner rather than later. I really hope that Half Sac didn't die though, that'd be a bummer. Either way though, next season is going to be awesome.

Kurt Sutter confirmed Half-Sack's dead. Johnny Lewis wanted off the show. :( Also, I just remembered - I loved Hale's line to Zoebelle when Zoebelle called wanting the sheriffs to come while he was cornered at the deli. "Bad day for the Zoebelles, isn't it?"

Season Two Q&A (SPOILERS for both season 2 and part of season 3): http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2009/12/sons-of-anarchy-kurt-sutter-season-two.html

I just finished reading that interview before coming over to the board and...

I was surprised that Johnny Lewis was unhappy with his role creatively. His character is one of the more lovable on the show. I am guessing he didn't want to play such a light character, but Sack got a lot of attention throughout the series-- from the testicle implant, bareknuckle boxing, Gerry, and general Prospect business he probably got more attention than Chibs or Juice.

Edited by GRIFT

I know!

I was right gutted when Half-Sack got stabbed. :( Even now, thinking of the season finale the first thought in my mind is usually "Half-Sack :("

Wow...so..

Zoebell got away, Gemma is a fugitive, the irishman took Abel, Half Sack is dead and Stahl is still a manipulative bitch. Wow. That a fan-dabi-dozi episode. I seriously hope it gets signed for a few more seasons after this, since reading the interview with Suttur it sounds like he think it will be but he's not 100% sure. Some of the things I didn't like though.

1. After all that build up, thats how AJ Weston died? With the way it was building all season, I expected it a little bit more the him just sitting on a toilet and taking it. Was somewhat disappointed in that.

2. Agent Stahl said Gemma took her gun and shot the one irish guy. Wouldn't they fingerprint it and see that none of Gemma fingerprints are on the trigger?

3. Someone just seriously needs to unload a shotgun in Stahls face...

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/home-page-blog/fx-picks-up-sons-of-anarchy-fo-33028.aspx

SoA renewed for a 3rd season..though there are psoilers for the finale in the article