Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's annoying because where my TV is, and my router for my PC is.. my 360 sits slap bang in the middle of the room to accomodate the wires.

What pisses me off, if I hadn't been substituted in my Be a Legend mode I wouldn't have left the room, come back in and knocked it over. What pisses me off even more is I had scored my best goal of the entire game (what would turn out to be the winner) and still had been substituted.

So I guess I'm in a bit of a pickle now :(

Well, I just accidentally caught my 360 coming back into the room and sent it onto it's side. With PES in it. Now the game is fucked and won't play anymore :(

The eact same thing happened to me and it was in the awkward place for the exact same reason, except it fucked my Madden 09 up. It then started scratching other discs and I found out I'd busted the laser and since my warranty was up, my 360 was officially KO'd. I then bought a PS3

Wireless FTW.

My worry is that when I put PES in there seems to be a rattling sound. I've briefly had a DVD in and another game and there isn't anything I don't recall.

It's not like a loud rattling sound, just like an occassional click or something. I'm a bit worried to tell the truth.

EDIT: I'll do a bit more checking later on/tomorrow.

Edited by IAceI

Started Be A Legend as a tall, left-footed Northern Irish striker. :) I'm going to glory hunt.

Scored a brace in the scouted match and got a contract with Sunderland. I assumed the training matches is normal, having read through the thread and eventually got the on the bench for the away trip to Spurs. Didn't play as we went down 3-0. Carlos Edwards got sent-off after 28 minutes.

Then we played Stoke in the Cup, and I came on at half-time ran myself about and helped Jones score the second in our 2-0 win. By "help", I dragged the other centre-back away with an incredible so he could drive through the middle.

And then for my second appearance, I came on at half-time against Newcastle. Game is locked at 0-0 in injury time... Kieran Richardson and Michael Chopra do some decent work down the left, ball is pulled back to the edge of the area... about hip height and I threw my left leg at it. Sailed into the side of the net for an incredible victory and the man of the match award! ^_^

Since about then I've started every game I think, even after I got sent-off against Spurs.

Went on a bit of a drought but after scoring the late winner (88th minute) against Everton by nodding a tame cross past Tim Howard, I've turned it around. Thumped both posts against Arsenal, as we lost 3-0 before scoring both goals against Pompey as we won 2-0. The first was a glorious volley from Richardson's cross that bombed past James before slotting the second home with an easy. AND... I'm the penalty taker for Sunderland now so I'm targetting being the top scorer come the end of the season.

...anyone know where I can download up to date squad lists, and possibly editted kits and badges? :)

In my third season... my second at Newcastle. Started the first 8 games or so (inc. Champions League qualifiers) then was inexpicably relegated to the bench, despite 5 goals and 2 assists from Midfield. Spent 4 games coming off the bench, was getting a tad frustrated then all of a sudden I'm called up to the England squad for the European Championship qualifiers. Awesome first match too, came on at half time against Israel, at 0-0. Went on to lose 1-0 as Gerrard gave away a ridiculous free kick that they scored from. I hit the post 3 times... got an 8 rating without a goal or an assist, first time i've seen that. And now i'm back in the Newcastle team so all is well. 3rd in the league from something like 10 games, unbeaten but we've had draws with Hull and Spurs in our last 2. Also through to first round of the Champions League. Loving this game again now :)

Edit - It gets better. England v. Norway, on as a 70th minute substitute. 0-0 with Norway by far the better team. I somehow managed to bundle home a last minute winner from a David Beckham cross. Most scrappy goal ever, yet I was almost on my feet celebrating it. Saved it as well, awesome.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

So, yeah, you can get anyone on loan when the opportunity arises, which seems to be randomly? When you search for a player the option to ask for a loan isn't always there...anyone know why?

And FFS, can you not raise the difficulty of the game in Master League as you progress? That sucks.

• 5 months later...

Since Pro Evo came back up again.

Hero for a Day is the catchiest song ever to appear on any game, I don't even have Pro Evo anymore, yet it sticks in my head, it's brilliant. Can't find the artist anywhere though.

You take another step into the middle

All around screaming for this game to begin right now

They want a show and we're ready to give it

Ain't nobody gonna stop us

'Cause ...

We're on fire tonight

and the air is alive

Can't you see it in their eyes..

They want a hero

Out there today

Ready to make that hard earned

Once in a lifetime play !

That one.

Since Pro Evo came back up again.

Hero for a Day is the catchiest song ever to appear on any game, I don't even have Pro Evo anymore, yet it sticks in my head, it's brilliant. Can't find the artist anywhere though.

You take another step into the middle

All around screaming for this game to begin right now

They want a show and we're ready to give it

Ain't nobody gonna stop us

'Cause ...

We're on fire tonight

and the air is alive

Can't you see it in their eyes..

They want a hero

Out there today

Ready to make that hard earned

Once in a lifetime play !

That one.

In the career mode there's only two songs and this is one of them so you have to either like it or cry.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody ever had a problem playing this game where you sub somebody off and then all of a sudden they appear back on the pitch? I've only recently picked up this game on PS2 and I subbed my created player off for Rosicky and then next thing, my player is making a cross for a goal. I checked the substitute screen and it shows Rosicky as unavailable to come back on.