FIFA 09

alldaws1

I think the animations are a lot better this year, especially in the tackle. My biggest gripe is when my players run into each other and take ages to get back up again.

That reminded me of a clear penalty I had earlier, a defender basically jumping on Darren Bent from behind in the penalty area off the ball but nothing given <_<

As AJ mentioned I've been using the right stick a lot more in this game, most notably when switching the ball out to either Lennon, Dos Santos or Bentley on the wings and they can quickly speed along to either get a cross in or win a free kick as the computer usually mistimes the tackle when you use the right stick properly.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone hate when your player backs off from a ball put over the top and you seem unable to change to another player. Their strikers gets the ball and scores.

Once had a time where there were four players backed off the ball including opposition players while my player miles away jogged up to get it. :s

Right anyone who wants to be on Team EWB on PS3.

This is the details.

So far

RB---The cool one---CB---LB

RM---Baddarboy......CM---LM

-------RichieS99----CF--------

So if you want to join the way is to go to Online Game Modes, Online game modes (not a typo), Fifa 09 clubs, Clubs search and search EWB and bobs your uncle fannys your aunt we should be there .

Player switching doesn't work that well yet either in 2 player mode. My teammate has the ball; I want to be the player closest to him to run into space but after pressing the switch button at least 8 times in a row I still wasn't able to control the player I wanted, it was really weird. Oh and if you ever need a big guy up front with potential you should get Batuhan Karadeniz from (I think it was) Besiktas, at least from Turkey, I have him with Arsenal and he's a great supersub and he's 17.

Anyone hate when your player backs off from a ball put over the top and you seem unable to change to another player. Their strikers gets the ball and scores.

Once had a time where there were four players backed off the ball including opposition players while my player miles away jogged up to get it. :s

I haven't had that at all :/

Player switching doesn't work that well yet either in 2 player mode. My teammate has the ball; I want to be the player closest to him to run into space but after pressing the switch button at least 8 times in a row I still wasn't able to control the player I wanted, it was really weird. Oh and if you ever need a big guy up front with potential you should get Batuhan Karadeniz from (I think it was) Besiktas, at least from Turkey, I have him with Arsenal and he's a great supersub and he's 17.

Using the right stick to change players seems more accurate.

I was in the same boat with PES and Fifa. I hadn't touched a Fifa game in ages and now i'm really into it it's a good game, good looking as well and i like the 10 vs 10 games. Refs can be a bit silly like and the fact that sometimes it takes the players a year to get up if they ran into someone can be rather annoying but a great game.

Can i ask you PES gamers, why did you prefer it to fifa?

I've played PES, and it just doesnt feel right to me, i just wonder why some people prefer it? :)

I preferred PES the last few years because of the gameplay. Plain and simple. The database of PES is horrible compared to FIFA, always has been and probably always will be but FIFA's gameplay was just always so boring and predictable that it felt wrong. PES on the other hand gave me the feeling I could do anything I wanted and after years of PES I still have moments that something new happens which is obviously great. The thing is that after a while I started to get annoyed at all the shitty stuff of PES. Bad ref decisions, computer scoring free kicks when they are down, shitty AI etc and I started looking at FIFA for an answer. FIFA wasn't good enough last year, this year I feel they are. PES is still the same (going by the demo) and they still have almost no licenses while FIFA has a shitload of licenses (shame no real Netherlands though) and I feel the Be a Pro feature is better handled. I freaking love the online be a pro matches, fun as hell. This year FIFA really makes you pass the ball around, to the sides, through balls to the striker etc, it advocates teamwork. PES on the other hand relies heavily on individual actions, especially last years game.

Edited by Quasi Fernandez

This game is incredibly shit. On the PS2. I played a game when I got it and it was okay, mainly because I was Arsenal against Leeds and routed them. Then the more I played the more I hated it. Really slow, passing that doesn't quite click and terrible referee decisions were just a few things. I can't even figure out how to set up a World Cup. I consigned it to the shelf earlier today and went in town, where for a laugh I had a quick go on the 360 version and really enjoyed it. Good graphics, good presentation as usual but at a glance great gameplay. So I've got that version too, and will give it a spin tomorrow. One thing I did notice though is that barring a few button changes it just is PES. From what I've heard, EA have made a better PES this year than Konami.

That said, Be a Pro I have no interest in and Manager mode is no Master League for me. And my loyalty to Pro Evo for the good times over the years will definitely see me buy that too.

The thing is, it crashed 3 times when I was signed in whilst navigating the menu's etc. and then I tried once more with no internet connection going to the PS3, but it happened again when I was trying to start a Manager Mode - Hopefully it's not a permanent problem.

I fucking hate EA sometimes with their crashing games. 08 was the same, and Burnout too until it got patched.