FIFA 09

alldaws1

How do you save goals from replays? I know it's a silly question but I have just converted from being a PES fan to FIFA.

Shame I didn't find out earlier,I scored an outrageous goal for Man United reserves against Blackburn reserves making a run from my own half, taking on several players before unleashing hell on the last 2 defenders with the trick stick then powering the ball off the crossbar and into the net.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you save goals from replays? I know it's a silly question but I have just converted from being a PES fan to FIFA.

Shame I didn't find out earlier,I scored an outrageous goal for Man United reserves against Blackburn reserves making a run from my own half, taking on several players before unleashing hell on the last 2 defenders with the trick stick then powering the ball off the crossbar and into the net.

I'm pretty sure I heard that saving replays to the HDD would be something you'd be able to do in the next version of the game. Probably just a rumour on the EA Forums though, and I'm quietly confident of them making it available in a patch.

Ugh I'm done with online matches, here's the outline for 90% of the matches you have online

Kickoff - you attack - you attack - you attack - opposing goalkeeper makes godlike save - counter - one touch pass - one touch pass - trough ball - c. ronaldo/toni/henry/drogba runs away from your defense like a jamaican sprinter from a rock - goal and you're 0-1 down - you can do fuck all but you won't score and your defense will have the reaction time of a narcoleptic snail if you are not a 5* team.

I'll only play you guys online from now on and continue my Brentford Be-A-Pro career

Ugh

It's just bloody annoying, the people who play that way aren't doing anything wrong, but it just takes all the fun out of it. I haven't had much people quit on me when they're down so lucky me and I had some good matches but it's generally with people who pick 3 star teams or less and there aren't many out there who are willing to do that.

Also someone at EA has a huge boner for English sides, Wolves as good as Sparta Prague is a joke. Sparta would rape them if they ever played against eachtother in real life.

Ugh I'm done with online matches, here's the outline for 90% of the matches you have online

Kickoff - you attack - you attack - you attack - opposing goalkeeper makes godlike save - counter - one touch pass - one touch pass - trough ball - c. ronaldo/toni/henry/drogba runs away from your defense like a jamaican sprinter from a rock - goal and you're 0-1 down - you can do fuck all but you won't score and your defense will have the reaction time of a narcoleptic snail if you are not a 5* team.

I'll only play you guys online from now on and continue my Brentford Be-A-Pro career

Ugh

I guess I fall into that other 10%? Yay! :shifty:

I haven't played online against anyone, except that one game against you which turned out to be pretty good.

Edited by CQI13

Finally got the game and this has pretty much confirmed PES09 is going to be traded in for something decent.

I feel like I'm completely spoilt for choice with the ridiculous 300+ teams and every Exhibition match I've been doing involves another team. After getting to grips as Newcastle I've been favouring Fulham, Parma and Aberdeen.

The entire game mechanics actually work after playing around five games to get used to them, I'm playing much slower than PES but ending up playing better by passing more.

And the tackles are great, I've had several lunges that looked like I'd broken the other guys neck and it's just so satisfying to end a run rather than the little pussyish falls that i'm used to.

Had my first online matches and I see what you're talking about when it comes to Man United. I've been involved in 10 matches so far and 9 were against Man United (other being Inter). It just seems that whenever I pick a reasonable premiership team they think it's an easy match and instantly pick a bigger team.

Funnily enough there was a match where I was being thrashed 3-0 by some Man Utd playing scumbag and just after Shay Given saved a dead cert free-kick the EA servers went down meaning that he wouldn't get his win... and I'd look like a D/C douche >_<

So if anyone wants to add me on Xbox live i'm SpiderSambo

Had my first online matches and I see what you're talking about when it comes to Man United. I've been involved in 10 matches so far and 9 were against Man United (other being Inter). It just seems that whenever I pick a reasonable premiership team they think it's an easy match and instantly pick a bigger team.

What I tend to do now is if the opponent picks United, I either leave straight away or choose an international team to play with. If after that they STILL insist on going United, I leave it. I just hate playing against them really, because they have so many ridiculously good players. Accurate yes, but so hard to defend against.

Also, played a complete PRICK online earlier. He beat me 2-1, with the goal that turned out to be the winning goal a bug exploit. Every corner he had, it'd curl in and drop underneath the bar. Only one out of the 4 corners he had my keeper caught. He flapped at another and I managed to clear, and tipped another over straight away for another corner. That one resulted in Adebayor getting to the header before my keeper, heading it onto the bar and in.

I call it a bug, because even though it should be possible to drop a corner right underneath the bar/be goal-bound, it's just something that wouldn't happen on EVERY single occasion, like what happened to me.

In general though, I'm playing quite decent online. Favoured choice of team would be Man City, although I don't mind playing as teams like Newcastle and Roma, who I found to be quite good yesterday. Shame Totti plays like a bag of shit on the game though.

Oh goody. It was only a matter of time before someone found a bug to exploit.

Even if it's not by definition a bug, it sounds very similar to 08 and how you could lob the keeper straight from kickoff with certain players (the main offender being Rooney). 1 out of maybe 8 attempts would go in. The others would be tipped over, caught or would hit the bar.

I've only played one Ranked match so far on 09 but I think I'll start playing more. Sometimes when I don't feel like playing my Manager Mode and am not prepared for a 'proper' match I like to play unranked but they've made the option for this devilishly difficult to find in comparison to quick ranked match in 09 so I guess not many people are finding their way to it. Which means I'm not finding many opponents. Or at least, ones prepared to play as someone other than ManU and go further than conceding 1 goal.

I'm on nights this week. Which means I can only really play online between like 4-6pm. If anyone's available PLEASE give me a shout.

I had a 10 v 10 Be A Pro match online yesterday. It was really good fun, despite the regular lengthy waits. I was in there pretty quick and as such ended up being a team captain. I felt so powerful. haha. This guy messed up a throw in so I kicked him out the game. I felt a right dick but it was for the greater good.

I'm on nights this week. Which means I can only really play online between like 4-6pm. If anyone's available PLEASE give me a shout.

I've been working this morning, so I won't guarantee it, but I'm definitely up for it. We've PM'ed each other before about it but always managed to just miss each other meaning we can't play.

It'd be nice to have a few more regular "fair" opponents. I've got one guy on my friends list who I played the other day. I added him because he was beating me 3-1 with a minute to go and the connection was lost, meaning I had a 3-0 win. Apparently his connection went. I'll take that. :shifty:

Anyway, yesterday we started a game and it seemed like he wasn't there, taking his 3 pauses one after the other, and not chasing the ball when I had it in possession. Being a good sport, after using one of my pauses, I hoofed it into the stands. He was on the phone, and after taking his call, threw the ball back to me to resume play. :wub:

I'd actually kick the ball out of play if a player was down injured on the opposing team too, if I knew I'd be getting the ball back in return, but I know 90% of the time that just isn't going to happen and I'd end up regretting giving the ball away.

EDIT: MM, are you on PS3 or 360? I suspect 360, but secretly hope PS3...

Edited by Baddar D

Got the PS3 Fifa and played my first few online games and Man Utd are the new Barca from the PES online games.

Rooney is ridiculously strong and good on the game. Not saying he is a bad player but .. COME ON!.

Won my first game yesterday 2-1 I was Arsenal and he was Liverpool I think but it was the only game where Man Utd wasnt involved :(