Japanese Tribute To Metallica

K

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=104760

Japan's Nayutawave Records, a subsidiary label of Universal Music Japan, has set an October 22 release date for its upcoming METALLICA tribute album, "Metal-Ikka" (literally meaning "The Metal Family" — bad pun indeed).

Apart from the Japanese metal veterans OUTRAGE, all the bands featured on the album are not "heavy metal" bands, though they show respect for METALLICA in their own ways.

"Metal-Ikka" track listing is as follows:

01. Sad but True - 10-FEET

02. Motorbreath - 9mm Parabellum Bullet (*1)

03. Creeping Death - RAZORS EDGE

04. Metal Militia - FUCK YOU HEROES

05. One - BEAT CRUSADERS

06. Through The Never – UZUMAKI

07. Seek and Destroy – INSOLENCE

08. Fuel – TOTALFAT

09. Enter Sandman – POLYSICS

10. St. Anger - 2side1BRAIN (*2)

11. Fight Fire with Fire - OUTRAGE

All the bands are Japanese except California's INSOLENCE, who toured Japan with the organizer of this tribute album project, 10-FEET, in March this year.

10-FEET vocalist/guitarist Takuma says: "I've listened to a lot of METALLICA tribute albums — some are good and some are not. I'd say this album turned out to be a really good and interesting one, and I'm proud of that. Each and every track is great and I was especially impressed with the last two tracks. 2side1BRAIN's 'St. Anger' — I just can't get it off my head. OUTRAGE's 'Fight Fire with Fire' sounds more METALLICA than METALLICA and it completely blew me away!"

As previously reported, the OUTRAGE track was recorded in July at Sound Farm Studio in Jamaica, Iowa, where SLIPKNOT recorded its new album "All Hope Is Gone".

OUTRAGE is currently working on material for its new album, which is expected to be recorded this winter.

2860158230_edc2544e7d.jpg

I'll probably pick this up for Insolence alone, but does anyone know anything about the actual Japanese bands on this record?

I've not heard of the rest, but Polysics doing Enter Sandman sounds like it has the potential to be mindshatteringly brilliant. Worth it for that alone.

Edited by Woody Skumrie

• 2 months later...