The 2008-09 FA Cup Thread

Matt

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea just about deserve it. They weren't particularly good, but didn't need to be. Everton's entire gameplan seemed to be to whack it towards Fellaini and Saha, one of whom is a midfielder and looked out of place and the other one couldn't be arsed to run.

No doubt Setanta will try and say this was a great final. It wasn't, it was average.

Everton were shocking in that second half, they just looked lifeless. Chelsea were a million steps ahead of them. Cole was fantastic and I think Malouda deserves some credit for once, because everyone is quick to shit on him when he's not playing well, yet I think he's been in great form under Hiddink. The right team won without a doubt.

Chelsea just about deserve it. They weren't particularly good, but didn't need to be. Everton's entire gameplan seemed to be to whack it towards Fellaini and Saha, one of whom is a midfielder and looked out of place and the other one couldn't be arsed to run.

No doubt Setanta will try and say this was a great final. It wasn't, it was average.

It was better than the last 2 years <_<

Note: That doesn't make it good.

Gutted. It's a shame that it couldn't have been more of a fight, but Chelsea were better today and that's no shame losing to them. Hibbert was engulfed in the first half, Jacobsen did a much better job, but unfortunately the quality going forward wasn't there.

I actually thought Saha has looked good so far. Fellani however I cant stand, don't rate the guy what so ever.

It doesn't surprise me that you said that, but I felt on the whole today, Fellaini did a lot more than Saha. Yes, Saha got the goal, a very good one at that (and Pienaar was not offside), but apart from that neither man did a lot of running around for the ball, they played too far apart from each other. Fellaini though won the ball in the air 9 times out of 10, and also had some very good hold-up play. I just wish that Cahill had played in his advanced role for the entire match, we might've gotten somewhere then.

Yes, Moyes might not have any silverware to recognise his excellent contribution thus far, but there's always next year and this season has been a very big success for the whole team regardless of this result.

Now I was pretty far gone at the time, but I watched about 25 minutes of the first half and it just seemed really... poor? Even Drogba's goal was just a 'Oh, he's scored', no real build up and pretty poor work by Everton's defence in the box.