Barnet v Rochdale

Hereford United v Dagenham & Redbridge

Cheltenham Town v Oldham Athletic

Luton Town v Newcastle Blue Star or Altrincham

Crewe Alexandra v Woking or Ebbsfleet United

Wrexham or Eastwood Town v Brackley Town

Leeds United v Northampton Town

Harlow Town v Macclesfield

Shit draw for Leeds, I'll probably go see it because tickets will (hopefully) only be £15 but I'd have preferred some non-League club away from home, just for the day out. We never have any luck in cup draws, we'll probably field the reserves and get knocked out in the first round... again.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draw only made today. I'm going to take a guess that Leeds will be on to make our Setanta debut, especially since we're playing a fellow League One club, I reckon Leicester's match and Brighton/Hartlepool may also be in with a shot of getting a screening.

Isnt it usually a given that matches that could see upsets will be on the tele, not all league clashes? Sutton-N. County, Havant-Brentford, Wimbledon-Wycombe, Carlisle-Grays, Hornchurch-Peterborough and Leicester-Stevenage are the kind of matches Id expect to see.

I cant see Brighton-Hartlepool being on, thatll attract barely anybody who doesn't support either team.

Edited by 1PWCorino

I'd be willing to put money on Leeds being one of the games. Without wanting to come over as a cunt, we are one of the biggest (probably the biggest) supported teams outside of the premier league, Setanta aren't funded by the license fees like the BBC are, they need to attract the biggest audience possible, easiest way to do that is to target the biggest fanbase - i.e. Leeds. I'd be surprised if Leicester wasn't also shown though because they're pretty well supported and could be the subject of an upset.

Maybe you're right for the Leeds game being on Setanta, but not Brighton. And I agree that Leeds are very well supported, we only sold out our ground for one game last season in the regular league season and it was the Leeds game.

Correction, we sold your ground. And don't deny it because I was there, there was as many Leeds fans in your end as there were Donny fans. :P

I was going to mention Wembley but I'd like to forget that day :(

Edit: And I could see Brighton/Hartlepool but not moreso than Leeds & Leicester; some folk will watch FA cup football just because it's FA cup football and I reckon Setanta will probably to try and show as few non-league teams as possible, given that they show them every week, and I'd probably agree with 9to5 too regarding Wimbledon's game.

Edited by - Matt -

Home to Stevenage or Horsham? I'll take that, pity that cunt Peter Taylor isn't still managing the Boro because that could have made things extra spicy. I expect Stevenage to go through and *touch wood* we won't be part of an upset. If it's on Setanta all the better, good stuff. Up the Foxes!

Maybe you're right for the Leeds game being on Setanta, but not Brighton. And I agree that Leeds are very well supported, we only sold out our ground for one game last season in the regular league season and it was the Leeds game.

Correction, we sold your ground. And don't deny it because I was there, there was as many Leeds fans in your end as there were Donny fans. :P

I wouldnt say there were as many Leeds fans as Donny fans at all. There mustve been about 50-70 maximum in the area I could see clearly, which covers about half our part of the ground.

Of course it doesn't matter, its the game thats important. Well worth noting this is the first (and surely only) season in my lifetime in which Rovers have not had to partake in this round of the competition because we enter at a later stage. Ive seen us lose before even reaching the 1st Round before though.

Leeds in the 1st round, could of done with a better draw than that.

Relax, you'll win. We'll put out our second string becasue there's a myth about Elland Road that our second string is better than most teams in L1's first teams; it's completely untrue of course hence the 4-2 defeat at Rotherham.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since I chose Histon as my current Football Manager game because of their perilous footballing league position and in three seasons have guided them from the bottom of the Blue Square Prem to the top of Division 2, I now cheer them on in such events.

COME ON HISTON! Danny Wright, Wright, Wright!