The 2008-09 FA Cup Thread

Matt

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, Evans looked last man on my stream and the red card was very dubious in my mind.

And the penalty decision was very soft, although to be fair Welbeck just got flattened and nothing was given, so that balances out.

That's the best argument I've ever read.

"Meh, I thought I was right at the time, so despite all evidence to the contrary I'll continue to assume I am".

All evidence being Scott McFly telling me something he saw on a replay I haven't seen :unsure:

I'm still hoping they get knocked out!

We're in the draw for the first time since the eighties, but we haven't actually played our 3rd round tie yet.

I'm expecting an away trip to somebody mediocre like Hartlepool or Torquay, or somebody I've already seen this season in the league like Nottingham Forest or Charlton/Norwich.

Torquay are 2 divisions below us ¬_¬

& West Ham at home :w00t:

Just caught the replay of the United goals and the tackle on Vidic.

Good to see Nani getting a game after a month of bench warming...still made some mistakes but one assist and a goal isn't bad at all, Pleased for Gibson and Welbeck. Gibson's strike in particular was tasty and hats off to Berbatov for playing wonderful today. The tackle on Vidic was definitely a red for me...it was studs up and could have snapped Vidic's leg.

Hope we thrash Derby and grab a win at OT against Chelsea ;)

Six weeks ago the challenge on Vidic might've been a yellow card. But with the way refs have been cracking down on studs showing challenges lately, I wasn't surprised to see the red card come out.

And Johnny Evans definitely had two covering defenders around him, so there's no way that was a red.

The first two goals shouldn't have been, due to an offside for the first and a bad decision for a penalty on the second. The game could've been so different if Southampton got a couple of decisions their way today.

It needed freshened up. I took so much stick about Keane as our manager off my Blackburn supporting friend I refuse to let a chance go by on just who was the best ex-Man Utd Midfielder at managing between Sunderland and Blackburn without mocking Ince.