The 2008-09 FA Cup Thread

Matt

I'm still hoping they get knocked out!

We're in the draw for the first time since the eighties, but we haven't actually played our 3rd round tie yet.

I'm expecting an away trip to somebody mediocre like Hartlepool or Torquay, or somebody I've already seen this season in the league like Nottingham Forest or Charlton/Norwich.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So happy to get to watch the Gillingham game. Probably the only time they've ever had a match shown live in Japan :shifty:

Anyway, bloody great match until Ashley Young started panicking and resorted to cheating. Even the commentators were furious about his two "cute" dives.

Also, I've strangely never really realised how much of an arsey little wanker Martin O'Neill can be sometimes.

Gillingham were great, nice and tough, perhaps too much so sometimes but anything that shakes Premiership teams is always fine by me. Anyway the equaliser was all kinds of quality. Brilliant stuff and unlucky Gills.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

So happy to get to watch the Gillingham game. Probably the only time they've ever had a match shown live in Japan :shifty:

Anyway, bloody great match until Ashely Young started panicking and resorted to cheating.

Also, I've strangely never really realised how much of an arsey little wanker Martin O'Neill can be sometimes.

Gillingham were great, nice and tough, perhaps too much so sometimes but anything that shakes Premiership teams is always fine by me. Anyway the equaliser was all kinds of quality. Brilliant stuff and unlucky Gills.

Young was kicked all day, you may not want to see it, but it's true.

Anyway, bloody great match until Ashely Young started panicking and resorted to cheating.

I saw it and the players correctly got booked, warned and freekicks given. The ref had a great game until the last quarter of an hour and I'm not the only one to say that.

Also, what's the deal with Gardner's freakishly large head? It's like it's been stuck on from a slightly larger version of himself...

4th Round Draw

Liverpool Vs. Everton

Southampton/Manchester United Vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Hull/Newcastle Vs. Millwall/Crewe

Sunderland Vs. Blyth Spartans/Blackburn Rovers

Hartlepool United Vs. West Ham United

Leyton Orient/Sheffield United Vs. Charlton Athletic/Norwich City

Cardiff City Vs. Arsenal

Portsmouth/Bristol City Vs. Histon or Swansea

Chelsea/Southend United Vs. Ipswich Town

Cheltenham Town/Doncaster Rovers Vs. Aston Villa

West Brom/Peterborough United Vs. Queen's Park Rangers/Burnley

Torquay United Vs. Coventry City

Kettering Town Vs. Fulham

Watford Vs. Leicester City/Crystal Palace

Derby County Vs. Nottingham Forest

Birmingham City/Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs. Middlesbrough

Edit: Bah... mine is prettier :(

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

Liverpool vs. Everton

[southampton/Man United] vs. Spurs

[Hull/Newcastle] vs. [Millwall/Crewe]

Sunderland vs. [blyth Spartans/Blackburn]

Hartlepool vs. West Ham

[Leyton Orient/Sheff. Weds] vs. [Charlton/Norwich]

Cardiff vs. Arsenal

[Pompey/Bristol City] vs. [Histon/Swansea]

[Chelsea/Southend] vs. Ipswich

[Cheltenham/Doncaster] vs. Aston Villa

[West Brom/Peterborough] vs. [QPR/Burnley]

Torquay vs. Coventry

Kettering vs. Fulham

Watford vs. [Leicester/Crystal Palace]

Derby vs. Notts Forest

[birmingham/Wolves] vs. Middlesborough

Edited by Farmer Reil

4th Round Draw

Liverpool Vs. Everton

Southampton/Manchester United Vs. Tottenham Hotspur

Hull/Newcastle Vs. Millwall/Crewe

Sunderland Vs. Blyth Spartans/Blackburn Rovers

Hartlepool United Vs. West Ham United

Leyton Orient/Sheffield United Vs. Charlton Athletic/Norwich City

Cardiff City Vs. Arsenal

Portsmouth/Bristol City Vs. Histon or Swansea

Chelsea/Southend United Vs. Ipswich Town

Cheltenham Town/Doncaster Rovers Vs. Aston Villa

West Brom/Peterborough United Vs. Queen's Park Rangers/Burnley

Torquay United Vs. Coventry City

Kettering Town Vs. Fulham

Watford Vs. Leicester City/Crystal Palace

Derby County Vs. Nottingham Forest

Birmingham City/Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs. Middlesbrough

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

I saw it and the players correctly got booked, warned and freekicks given. The ref had a great game until the last quarter of an hour and I'm not the only one to say that.

Also, what's the deal with Gardner's freakishly large head? It's like it's been stuck on from a slightly larger version of himself...

The referee was poor all day, Milner "high foot" freekick, Gills player's foot level with Knight's head.. nothing. And Young was kicked a few times and we got nothing, so it wasn't all fair.

The referee was poor all day, Milner "high foot" freekick, Gills player's foot level with Knight's head.. nothing. And Young was kicked a few times and we got nothing, so it wasn't all fair.

To be fair, that's probably bias as the English and Japanese commentators were singing the praises of the ref (though true, you can't rely on Japanese commentators to tell you anything) and to my eye he was pretty decent too, even when Gillingham were behind and giving freekicks against)....And remembering that Villa are my adopted Midlands team....