The 2008-09 FA Cup Thread

Matt

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Gutted that Wolves are out, still wanting to see them go against United, well Blake against United should I say :P

United/Spurs should be a good game and Fabio is finally getting a game which should be interesting to see. All I'm hoping for is that it's not a boring no score draw or anything like that.

A great result for us today, and we thoroughly deserve it. Villa however were useless, nothing like the side that's pushing the top three atm.

I do hope though that we draw Coventry at home tomorrow. A winnable game if we win but not one we'll be fussed about when we lose the replay. I'd hate to be drawn against Liverpool or Man Utd and then lose at Villa, cos the odds of us winning the replay are slim.

Pretty good half so far, much more exciting than it could of been. When Tottenham scored I thought they were actually going to have a good game, but outside of that they've been downright bad at times. I still don't get why Harry isn't just going for it and actually sticking two up front, rather than the shit he seems to be playing. He apparently doesn't care about the cup this season, so why not just give it a shot and throw some attacking stuff on?

Fabio is looking really good so far, although clearly needs more games as I'm not sure about how great his fitness is at top level right now. And seriously, just get the Tevez deal over and done with. He needs to stay, he wants to stay, the fans want him to stay, the players seem to want him to stay. What more is there? The guy is fantastic and can clearly be a big figure at the club, so just get the bloody deal over and done with to shut up the media and commentators.

Why not toss another striker on and go for more goals? Because the likelihood is that Man Utd will carve that apart with ease and win 5-1 or something. Our defense has one starter playing, going 4-5-1 gives them more help and with an inexperienced goalkeeper to boot we need all the help at the back as possible, going with an attacking formation is just going to play right into Man Utd's hands. Obviously it hasn't worked and we'll need to throw on Defoe at some point but going 4-5-1 was the right decision I think.

Why not toss another striker on and go for more goals? Because the likelihood is that Man Utd will carve that apart with ease and win 5-1 or something. Our defense has one starter playing, going 4-5-1 gives them more help and with an inexperienced goalkeeper to boot we need all the help at the back as possible, going with an attacking formation is just going to play right into Man Utd's hands. Obviously it hasn't worked and we'll need to throw on Defoe at some point but going 4-5-1 was the right decision I think.

I'd say the same as well, it's just all the media and apparently Harry himself saying he'll field a weak squad and as if he doesn't give a shit if they get knocked out. If that is the case, he may as well go for it. Coming to United and just plain out trying to get every man defending is too wrong at times. They went 1-0 up and could of easily put on more pressure, because United were looking sloppy in the first ten minutes. I understand where you're coming from, but I really don't see why they don't throw on more attacking options now.