The 2008-09 FA Cup Thread

Matt

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Nicolas Anelka waits until after Scolari's been sacked to suddenly rediscover his goal-scoring form? :shifty:

And although I can't see the game, BBC text updates inform me that switching to 4-4-2 made all the difference. I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU OUR NORMAL FORMATION WAS SHIT, DAMN IT.

So, Nicolas Anelka waits until after Scolari's been sacked to suddenly rediscover his goal-scoring form? :shifty:

And although I can't see the game, BBC text updates inform me that switching to 4-4-2 made all the difference. I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU OUR NORMAL FORMATION WAS SHIT, DAMN IT.

Against a Championship side in the bottom 3... Who were probably tiring after playing against Chelsea for 75 minutes. I know you can only beat what's in front of you, but to say he's rediscovered his form is a bit premature...

Against a Championship side in the bottom 3... Who were probably tiring after playing against Chelsea for 75 minutes. I know you can only beat what's in front of you, but to say he's rediscovered his form is a bit premature...

Given that he couldn't muster it against the other Championship sides we've faced in the past few months - I'd say it's significant enough.

Nah, he was offside I think, but only just. And it was a good explanation given-the linesman had to check with 4th Official Rob Styles as he wasn't sure whether Giggs had touched it or not.

It's 2-0 now anyway, hopefully Man U draw Chelsea in the next round to make Everton's path to the trophy easier!

Nah, he was offside I think, but only just. And it was a good explanation given-the linesman had to check with 4th Official Rob Styles as he wasn't sure whether Giggs had touched it or not.

It's 2-0 now anyway, hopefully Man U draw Chelsea in the next round to make Everton's path to the trophy easier!

Yup, I'd have liked Villa to win but they don't have much strength in depth and I wouldn't want them to lose ground in the PL.

FA Cup sixth-round draw (1830 GMT):

Blackburn Rovers or Coventry City v Chelsea

Swansea City or Fulham v Manchester United

Cardiff City or Arsenal v Sheffield United or Hull City

Everton v West Ham United or Middlesbrough

Ties to be played on 7/8 March

Everton get another Premiership side. Possibility of a Champ/Champ Prem/Prem or Champ/Prem - Prem/Champ match with the whole Arsenal stuff. I'd like Arsenal vs. Sheffield United (anyone remember when David Seaman made THAT save off the goalline a few years back against Sheff Utd - will edit link in in a min when I find it)

I'd like to see Swansea take Fulham just to get a home day at Man Utd.

Blackburn will be home to Chelsea if they can struggle passed Coventry. I'd rather Coventry took it as I can't see Blackburn busting a gut against Chelsea so Coventry will at least make a go of it.

I'd like

Coventry vs. Chelsea

Fulham vs. Man Utd

Arsenal vs. Sheffield United

Everton vs. West Ham

Seaman Save (Ft. Cameo appearance from Paul fucking Peschisolido)

Edited by IAceI

Better game than I expected today. I was pissed at the offside decision, although in the end it was right, but the linesman didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing. As Ferguson said after the game, even when the ball is thrown from Foster, Ronaldo is offside. If that's the case, why the fuck do you need to know if there was a flick or not if he's STILL offside? Some laughable refereeing today. Rafael continues to look great, just love the guy. Fantastic goal for Welbeck. And I was one of the people who started to believe Giggs didn't have it anymore, seems he's proved me wrong, another MOTM performance. Oh and a mention for Gibson, first time I've properly got the chance to see him and he's much better than I've seen before, looks like a really good passer of the ball, good potential.