The 2008-09 FA Cup Thread

Matt

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slim to none. It is apparently a pretty rough game though.

I'm split on tonights result-would've been nice to go to Liverpool or Everton but I'd rather we stayed in the Championship this season, I'm a bit annoyed that our already tired squas went through another pretty pointless game tonight. Hopefully our new signings Shiels & Brooker can revitalise the team at the weekend.

Well done to Villa, I sincerely hope the winner of that fifth round tie takes the trophy, I'd love to see it go to Villa, Everton or Liverpool.

lol @ Alonso. He takes two free kicks that couldn't have been more identical if they were replays. The only problem is, the first one was awful (and a good five yards away from where the foul was commited)... so...

What're the black armbands for? I thought at first it was Liverpool's title ambition, but Everton are wearing them too.

Edit: I swear ITV's production values never used to be THIS shit. They just abrubtly cut to an ad break with no commentary to tell us (and didn't even do that smoothly), then cut back when Everton scored. Laughable.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Then again at the same time, the FA Cup is losing prestige every year just about. It used to be THE cup, Carling Cup a distant second. Now it's just a distraction, and a big one given how close the league is this year. I don't particularly care about it as we try to ensure survival, Liverpool fans will welcome the extra time off should they go out to recover and work on the league.

Let the little teams get their big away days and cash their cheques but lets not expect anything much off the Premiership teams these days. An upset now isn't nearly as big as they felt years ago, but maybe thats just because I'm not 13 anymore and used to think it was the biggest thing ever.

Now the FA Cup is just an over attended reserve game it seems now. Wish there was a way around it to make it a great Cup competition again, or feel that way but it's just doesn't feel like I'll ever care about the FA Cup unless we randomly end up in the semis. Then I'll be bothered, but till that day again, nah.

Technical problems, Steve? Bullshit. You thought you could fit in a quick ad break to make some money, and were caught with your pants down.

As for the 'nobody cares' crap, how exactly do you plan on making them care? The only reason people don't care is because they just lost. And because the big teams can't cope with possibly having to do THREE hours work a week sometimes. If they did bother to put full strength teams out against the minnows, you'd be moaning that it was the same four teams blah blah blah and finding a new excuse when it doesn't prove to be true for the nth year running.

Edited by Farmer Reil

I feel so happy for Dan Gosling, Everton deserved it for me. Liverpool weren't even playing football half the time, it was a very heated derby.

I saw the goal live despite the stupid ad-break, was it different in different regions or something!? I've said all season how shit ITV is.