David Tennant leaving Doctor Who....

craig

Genuinely can't think of anyone that I'd want to see replace him. Simm would be good if he hadn't already played The Master. Eddie Izzard would be good, but he's already turned it down, and it would be too much "Eddie Izzard as Doctor Who", it would be hard to take the attention away from the actor and on to the character...all the suggestions in the press are dreadful. If it's Nesbitt I'll doubt I'll be watching the next series at all.

Eddie Izzard was amazing in The Riches, and very different from his comedy character.

Oh, I'm a huge fan and I'm not doubting his talent, it's just that if he were in Doctor Who, he'd be inclined towards "wackiness" which almost certainly derive from his comedy performance - not to mention that he's too famous, in my eyes, for the role...it needs to be someone that you can kind of forget was ever in anything else, and just believe is the Doctor, ideally, not someone who could potentially overshadow the part.

I don't get why the "younger actor" argument comes up so often when talking about Doctor Who casting. It's family orientated sci-fi programming produced by the BBC. Sex appeal isn't really the most important factor, in my opinion.

I'd rather see someone not particularly well known, or maybe a soap actor or something, rather than someone who has already been the main character in a very high profile tv series before.

They don't necessarily want a younger actor for the "sex appeal", but because a younger actor will appeal more to younger viewers than some of the fuddy-duddy doctors of old. Not to mention that it's an increasingly action-intensive role, for which a younger man would be better suited.

His name came up last time (and the time before that, for that matter), along with the usual suspects, Izzard, Nesbitt, Alan Davies, Richard E. Grant and several others. The likely replacement will be David Morrissey, especially since the next episode is called "The Next Doctor" and he claims to be a man called The Doctor, perhaps it will be, perhaps not, but he's the odds-on favourite for obvious reasons.

David Anders would be my personal choice right now.

Edited by Benji O' Doom~!

I think I'd like Richard E. Grant to play the Doctor. it would be nice to see an "older" Doctor. Something to counteract the youthful exuberant 10th Doctor.

Who was that guy on the Children In Need teaser??

Basically, for those who missed it, David Tennant lands in London on Christmas Eve, 1851 and hears a woman screaming for him. So he runs over, says hello, then another guy turns up and introduces himself as the Doctor, and we get a "Continued at Christmas" logo.

Below is in spoiler tags because it may turn out to be a spoiler, but this is just a guess of what i think that teaser mentioned above will lead to ...

It looked to me like the Doctor had stumbled onto the set of a TV show/film based on him. Maybe one of the earlier versions of the Doctor Who series. This is suggested by the archaic design of the alien/monster/Cyber Man/i don't remember, as well as how the other Doctor came off. The last seconds of it, where the two look at each other's sonic screwdriver, will probably lead to Tennant wondering if there is another Doctor, and then the other Doctor and everyone else to shout at him for ruining the scene.

Just a hunch though.

Yeah, a mate of mine came up with that theory.

I had another theory, though slightly less likely

He's in the 'Rose' universe and tat is that Universe's version of him.

I think the play idea is more likely though.