David Tennant leaving Doctor Who....

craig

especially as the only reason there is no series next year is to accomadate Tennant wanting to do Shakespear.

Except that's not true, the series break was planned before Tennant accepted the play offer, and Tennant only accepted to do Hamlet after the decision had been made. It was actually to keep the series fresh. And is, if anything, a good decision.

Some may call this an exaggeration, but this is the worst news ever. I unashamedly love David Tennant to bits.

I've spent the day holding my Doctor Who boxsets to my chest and weeping faintly.

Anyway, as usual there's bets as to who'll take over. Apparently "The Johnson" from Peep Show is favourite, and the usual suspects like James Nesbitt and John Simm.

I can envision Tenny regenerating into John Simm, seeing his new look in a mirror and going "No......no........NO!" Won't happen mind.....

Edited by timmayy Aaron XXIV

Genuinely can't think of anyone that I'd want to see replace him. Simm would be good if he hadn't already played The Master. Eddie Izzard would be good, but he's already turned it down, and it would be too much "Eddie Izzard as Doctor Who", it would be hard to take the attention away from the actor and on to the character...all the suggestions in the press are dreadful. If it's Nesbitt I'll doubt I'll be watching the next series at all.

Anyway, as usual there's bets as to who'll take over. Apparently "The Johnson" from Peep Show is favourite (guy was also in Hustle), and the usual suspects like James Nesbitt and John Simm.

I've never been a fan of Doctor Who at all, but if Johnson got the role it'd be almost impossible not to watch.

Genuinely can't think of anyone that I'd want to see replace him. Simm would be good if he hadn't already played The Master. Eddie Izzard would be good, but he's already turned it down, and it would be too much "Eddie Izzard as Doctor Who", it would be hard to take the attention away from the actor and on to the character...all the suggestions in the press are dreadful. If it's Nesbitt I'll doubt I'll be watching the next series at all.

Eddie Izzard was amazing in The Riches, and very different from his comedy character.

I think Simm would make a good Doctor if he changes his appearance some so that he doesn't look quite like he did as the Master. Longer hair and not wearing black would do the trick.

One of these days, I'd like to see a Doctor with facial hair, as long as its not a goatee or just a soul patch. A mustache or neatly trimmed beard, maybe.

James Nesbitt as the Doctor? Bah.

You know who'd make a good Doctor, although it would open up a huge opportunity for jokes? Hugh Laurie. There are rumors that House MD may end after another season or two due to him missing his family.