Worst Football player signed by your club

The Future

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in your opinion are some of the worst football players to be signed by the club you support? I support Manchester United and would have to say the following:

Massimo Taibi: I was very very young when he signed, I didn't understand football much but I remember Chelsea smashing 5 past him and his howlers against Liverpool and Southampton.

Kleberson: My Dad used to rave about him a lot and used to go on about how he oozed class, he only managed like 15 appearances in 3 seasons, a big disappointment considering how he was supposed to be Roy Keane's replacement.

Juan Sebastian Veron: He had some good performances but he was purchased for a record breaking transfer fee and didn't live up to the hype.

Ooh, so many in just the past 15 years alone.

Gareth Hall, Tore Andre Flo, Jeff Whitley, Jon Stead, Phil Babb, Stan Varga, Kelvin Davis, Andy Grey, Kevin Kyle, Tommy Miller, Christian Bassilla, Gary Breen, Kevin Kilbane, Paul McShane, Greg Halfor, Bernt Haas, Claudio Reyna and Carsten Fredgård are to name but just a few to pull the shirt on for my beloved Sunderland.

Oh well, could throw money away like N*wcastle. :D

(And woot, my first post! Came for EWR, staying for the footy)

I like you.

But take back what you said about Jeff Whitley, Kelvin Davis (remember his 0-0 performance that meant Man Utd couldn't win the title - took us down in the process, that alone was worth the pricetag), Tommy Miller (not another bad word against the Invisible Man!) and nothing bad against Paul McShane either! He's phenomenal.

Halford was never given half a chance anyways but oh well. And to be fair - we've been throwing a bit of money away these passed two years <_<