Worst Football player signed by your club

The Future

Who in your opinion are some of the worst football players to be signed by the club you support? I support Manchester United and would have to say the following:

Massimo Taibi: I was very very young when he signed, I didn't understand football much but I remember Chelsea smashing 5 past him and his howlers against Liverpool and Southampton.

Kleberson: My Dad used to rave about him a lot and used to go on about how he oozed class, he only managed like 15 appearances in 3 seasons, a big disappointment considering how he was supposed to be Roy Keane's replacement.

Juan Sebastian Veron: He had some good performances but he was purchased for a record breaking transfer fee and didn't live up to the hype.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Sutton always sticks out in my mind because spending £10 million on a striker (before we had any money) for him to only score ONE GOAL in 28 appearances is just fucking diabolical.

There are no doubt more terrible players, but perhaps my memory has obscured them.

I love Taibi. He was awesome before he came to Man Utd, shit at Man Utd and then left and started being awesome again.

Legend.

We have quite a few poor signings to be fair, but we pass them off as 'adding depth to the squad' and try and forget about them as anything major.

Edited by IAceI

... Take your pick from here.

Zoumana Camara, Roque Junior, Michael Duberry, Didier Domi, Seth Johnson (partly because of the inflated fee and ridiculous wages - there's an amusing story about that actually), Jody Morris, Saloman Olembe, Cyril Chapuis... Lamine Sakho is missing for some reason.

Then there's the likes of Armando Sa, Seb Sorsa, Filipe da Costa (although I stand by the fact he'd have been the shit if he'd have been given a chance), Alan Wright, and probably one or two more from our CCC relegation season.

There's going to be plenty worse signings Newcastle have made over the years than Titus Bramble. I mean, Bramble did score on the weekend in the Premiership. Sure, he's abysmal but.. he's still there.

For example - I give to Newcastle the man affectionately known (for 7 games) as... SPARROWHAWK

_1947984_gavilan150.jpg

Tore Andre Flo was a pretty poor signing for us who was a 'name' who obviously did nothing.

Obscure players could be; Carsten Fredgaard. Who was the next Laudrup apparently.. or not as it seemingly turned out.

Oh and any Liverpool fan who comes in here and doesn't say Sean Dundee loses. I mean, he claimed he was as fast as Michael Owen (back when Owen was able bodied). Sean Dundee was a hangman legend by the time I finished school between my friends and me.