Worst Football player signed by your club

The Future

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had a few at Leicester, the one that sticks out the most has to be:

Ade Akinbiyi - our replacement for Heskey at a cost (at that time) 5.5 million - Record is 58 games with 11 goals. The season we went down it took him half the season to score his first Leicester goal - and he started every game. Now he taunts us by always scoring against us and looking semi-decent at Championship level, prick.

Frank Sinclair - scored more own goals for us than anything else, always gave away penalties - and another 3.5 million down the toilet from Peter Taylor.

Carl Cort - signed him last season on a free - record was 11 games with 0 goals and he was on a whopping salary, one of the highest earners at the club. What a waste.

Richard Cresswell - very much like Cort, similar record and another shite replacement signing made by Peter Taylor.

Other names like Steffen Freund, Elvis Hammond, Andy Johnson, Stefan Oakes, Lee Morris, Rab Douglas and Momo Sylla come to mind.

Most of these players are recent ones as honestly they are the ones that have got us to our worst League position in history in one way or another.

Nuno Capucho

Filip Sebo

Dragan Mladenovic

Basile Boli

Oleg Salenko

Lionel Letizi

To add to this list:

Andrei Kanchelskis (£5.5m for a player WAAAAAY past his prime)

Tore Andre Flo

Emerson

Stephane Guivarche

Colin Scott (Yes he came through the youth system but I knew he sucked the moment I saw his picture in a match day programme in 1993. Floppy blonde curtain hair was never a good luck.)

As far as Arsenal goes (my adopted Premiership team when I was a kid and had no local teams to support), it's gotta be John Jensen, surely? Francis Jeffers too, not because he was terrible, but because we paid £8m for his mediocrity. Remi Garde, David Grondin, Nelson Vivas, Sylvinho... Stephan Malz, Gilles Grimaldi... For such a footballing genius, Wenger did make some horrific signings in the early years. Can't really argue with Fabregas on a free transfer and Toure for £175k though, can you?

C'mon.

He was always a fan favourite and quite a decent player.

Ali Gibb!

Really? Because he did a decent job for us I thought. Mind you, he did step down to the Conference after us, so he might have been losing it by the end.

Hmm one of:

Milenko Acimovic

Gary Doherty

Bobby Zamora

Helder Postiga

Moussa Saib

Hossam Ghaly

Grzegorz Rasiak

and that's being generous. We had some pretty awful players floating around between '95 and '03.

I was coming in to say Paiolo Tramezanni or Nicola Berti - but I think Saib takes it. Rasiak has the saving grace of at least getting back the same amount we payed for him in the first place.

Postiga never showed his best with us, but he was a decent player. Acimovic, though... :wacko:

Still, Moussa Saib it is. Just awful.

Frank Sinclair - scored more own goals for us than anything else, always gave away penalties - and another 3.5 million down the toilet from Peter Taylor.

Martin O'Neill signed Frank Sinclair. I only know this because I used to be a weird football obsessive.

You are indeed right my friend, my mistake. But i'll blame Taylor anyway >_>

And yeah Hamsta he was at the wrong end of his career, but he seemed to get into far too many shooting positions and wasted a lot of opportunities for us bearing in mind he could not strike a ball. If he had slipped it off to Bent, Dickov or even Scowcroft we would have been a bit better.

Nuno Capucho

Filip Sebo

Dragan Mladenovic

Basile Boli

Oleg Salenko

Lionel Letizi

To add to this list:

Tore Andre Flo

Emerson

Stephane Guivarche

Colin Scott (Yes he came through the youth system but I knew he sucked the moment I saw his picture in a match day programme in 1993. Floppy blonde curtain hair was never a good luck.)

Oh no you don't, he is firmly claimed as a Newcastle flop.

It's got to be Marcelino Elena though, absolutely abysmal defender, then spent half the season out injured with a BROKEN FINGER and was then sold into Liga BBVA obscurity.

Nuno Capucho

Filip Sebo

Dragan Mladenovic

Basile Boli

Oleg Salenko

Lionel Letizi

To add to this list:

Tore Andre Flo

Emerson

Stephane Guivarche

Flo is hardly the worst, he was overpriced but scored a goal every 2 games which is a good return and we also got a good bit back for him.

Pippo Maniero, Dan Eggen and Egil Ostenstad however....

It scares me the amount of shite we had under McLeish.

Emile Heskey :shifty:.

In all honesty he was unlucky when he came to Brum, we bought him to play the same role for Forsell that he played for Owen but when Forsell got injured for the season he was forced to play as a out and out striker, which he is awful at. PLus his normal falling over at a stiff breeze.