Sitcoms YOU wish were still in production...

Universal

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father Ted

Always.

Black Books, Red Dwarf and Spaced.

I did really like That 70's Show but it got horrible towards the end.

Some of the best shows ever.

I really liked Game On. And League of Gentleman, although it's more of a recurring skit show.

One Foot in the Grave is fucking classic as well. I LOVED that show as a kid.

And I think I speak for everyone when I say: BLACKADDER! :D

Guest Mr. Potato Head

It wasn't a comedy. It was a drama that happened to be set in a comedy show, which made you think it was a comedy. The only times it ventured into sitcom territory were scenes like "I can't wait for something funny to happen, I have to make something funny happen" followed by Matt accidentally destroying his window with a baseball bat.

Sitcoms, as a general rule, don't have multi-episode arcs involving a hostage situation in Afghanistan.

It wasn't a comedy. It was a drama that happened to be set in a comedy show, which made you think it was a comedy. The only times it ventured into sitcom territory were scenes like "I can't wait for something funny to happen, I have to make something funny happen" followed by Matt accidentally destroying his window with a baseball bat.

Sitcoms, as a general rule, don't have multi-episode arcs involving a hostage situation in Afghanistan.

I always thought it was a comedy with moments of drama.

Maybe not sitcoms from the mid-09's but when you look at sitcoms like Scrubs and The Office, you'd be hard pressed to find a series of shows that didn't have to do with an ongoing story arc.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

To each their own, if you want to think it was a comedy I'm not going to convince you otherwise, but there's a big difference between "Michael Scott has a girlfriend! Ker-AZY!" and "Tom Jeter's brother was taken hostage by Taliban fighters".

Blah, whatever. Becker was a great show. I used to watch it every night at 11 on Fox, from Monday to Friday.

Not only was it witty, but it was also one of the few shows which really prey'd on the stupidity of people. Being that I hate stupid people, I very much enjoyed the show.

It also doesn't hurt that it introduced me to the lovely Shawnee Smith.