Matt Hazard Returns!

zero

http://www.doyouremembermatthazard.com/

This game, even if totally terrible, has me hooked thanks to the plot alone. Matt Hazard is a washed up video game hero who gets a chance a comeback only to discover it's his old enemies setting him up for a trap. The game features Will Arnett and Neil Patrick Harris as voice actors and the website is 1997-levels of awesomeness (think Keith's thread in Donators).

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40751.html?type=

Behind The Music parody "Inside The Game" on Matt Hazard..this game coudl be great..

"You know that English chick who raids catacombs? I nailed her...how else you think she got the part?" LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Zero, good news!

'Retro' Matt Hazard game for XBLA and PSN this summer

D3Publisher is working on a retro-style side-scrolling XBLA and PSN action game intended to fill in the backstory of Matt Hazard, the lead character of Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard. It's planned for release sometime this summer. (Eat Lead launches against Halo Wars on March 3.)

If you're not hip to Eat Lead's "hook," it's supposed to be the latest game in a long-running series, and Matt Hazard is supposed to be a "video game icon." Only it isn't and he's not. The downloadable game is ostensibly one of his past titles being made available for the first time in years. Only it's not. Get it?

We'd hazard a guess that this game could do well -- if the synthetic nostalgia and in-jokes of Eat Lead aren't lost on the larger gaming audience.

-Joystiq

• 7 months later...

This game has managed to hit the £10 mark quicker than any game I've ever seen released at £30 or more.

I'd say that it's just a shit game like Driv3r or something, only by 'mocking itself' it's redeemed from all criticism because it's 'ironically bad'.

But if you fancy a pop Play.com are selling it for £7.99 (both consoles)

Edited by The General

The fact it has Will Arnett and it parodies the video game industry do tempt me. However, the scathing reviews bring me back down to Earth.

The arcade game might end up being interesting. There's a screenshot that looks like Mirrors Edge and for some reason the enemies are mounties. Another screen looks like the spitting image of Shadow Complex.