The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear MON,

Please sell Knight and Harewood, or even better give them away.

Thx.

Knight played miles better than Cuellar.

Aye, but compare that to the amount of times Knight has fucked up. Cuellar has played well this season. Knight never impressed me.

"Following speculation about my future at Newcastle United, I have decided today to make it clear that I am committed to the club until at least the end of this season, and I have informed them I do not want to make a decision about my future until that time-Michael Owen.

The writers must be cursing their luck, there's two weeks of making money by linking Owen to random clubs gone.

1 Liverpool 18 15 39

2 Chelsea 18 29 38

3 Aston Villa 18 10 34

4 Man Utd 16 17 32

5 Arsenal 18 9 31

6 Hull 18 -4 27

7 Everton 18 -2 26

8 Fulham 17 4 24

9 Bolton 18 -2 23

10 Portsmouth 18 -8 23

11 Wigan 17 1 22

12 Newcastle 18 -1 22

13 Sunderland 18 -5 21

14 Middlesbrough 18 -10 20

15 Stoke 18 -13 20

16 Tottenham 18 -3 19

17 West Ham 18 -8 19

18 Man City 18 4 18

19 Blackburn 18 -14 16

20 West Brom 18 -19 15

I can see higher placed clubs wanting him.

If Keane was still at Sunderland it wouldn't have surprised me to see Owen go there.

He'd fit in so well with the gung ho transfer policy of extremely hit and miss players who are brilliant when they try... on huge contracts <_<

The only club in the top 4 I could see him probably going to is Liverpool, because they need a Torres replacement that isn't Kuyt... preferably on the cheap, but I'm not sure how badly his bridges have been burnt there. Especially now it's turned out that he's an Everton supporter

Newcastle would do better keeping hold of him. His goals that could keep Newcastle up > a couple of million they'll get for selling him with 6 months left on his deal, in terms of importance. If they could get 10m+ for him, then fair play, sell him, but who's going to pay 10m for a guy they can get for free in 6 months?

As for the Everton thing, they took Fowler back and he was an Everton fan.

We wouldn't have signed Owen. Not a chance. No way would he be welcomed on Wearside by anyone, as good a player as he is - and although we all want to remember him for his good earlier years at England and Liverpool - he's just a big name Newcastle player at the end of the day and we wouldn't want him.

Michael Chopra was completely different because you don't just let the best English striker sit in the Cardiff team do you?

A player as big as Owen though just wouldn't have gone from Newcastle to Sunderland and been welcomed at all. Keane would know as he's been in the Manchester derby's and the Old Firm clashes, he wouldn't have just signed Owen. Plus I think even Keane knows that it wouldn't have been worth it - and that's saying something.

That struck a chord with me quite badly. A lot worse than it should have. <_<

Meh my point was more that when you think Michael Owen... he's much more associated with Madrid, England and Liverpool than Newcastle thanks to his wonderful fitness habits.

He has a lot of heart for the game, not so sure he has heart for any clubs at all but seems to go into 3-year old mode whenever England want to call him up. "Me play? I has injury... but YES"

But it's pretty much a lost argument now IAceI has reminded me that not everyone hates Newcastle to an extent that they'd jump for joy at stealing players >_<