The Inevitable January Transfer Market Topic

Crybaby Bunting

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't they be focusing on bringing in a right back, a left back, a goalie and maybe a new centre back? Rather than getting a striker in, when they're already capable of scoring 5-6 per game.

Well Hart's a fantastic keeper and almost had his morale shot down by so much talk of 'OMG BUFFON', something that's actually never going to happen. I don't think they need to worry a great deal about a keeper right now, because they've got a great one in Hart.

Although with all this so called cash and so many big names coming in, they bring in Santa CRUZ? Don't get me wrong, really good player, but it's not the type of people I thought they'd really be wanting. Although this is a good sign as it seems it's what Hughes wants, so it's not just them forcing him to buy who they want. I'm still gutted they didn't bring in Ronaldo, fat or not, shit or not, I just wanted to see it happen :(

Shouldn't they be focusing on bringing in a right back, a left back, a goalie and maybe a new centre back? Rather than getting a striker in, when they're already capable of scoring 5-6 per game.

Well Hart's a fantastic keeper and almost had his morale shot down by so much talk of 'OMG BUFFON', something that's actually never going to happen. I don't think they need to worry a great deal about a keeper right now, because they've got a great one in Hart.

Although with all this so called cash and so many big names coming in, they bring in Santa CRUZ? Don't get me wrong, really good player, but it's not the type of people I thought they'd really be wanting. Although this is a good sign as it seems it's what Hughes wants, so it's not just them forcing him to buy who they want. I'm still gutted they didn't bring in Ronaldo, fat or not, shit or not, I just wanted to see it happen :(

Well yeah, Hart is a fantastic keeper, but I was kinda just expecting him to be replaced.

I don't think City were ever going to sign Ronaldo (pretty boy cheating cunt not big fat tranny fucker), Kaka, Messi, Fabregas and Torres - at least not yet. I'd expect them to bring in players just below the world class standard, e.g. Arshavin, in the next 3 transfer windows, and Roque Santa Cruz just about fits into that bracket.

Although Allardyce is denying that RSC will be sold so it may not be as much of a done deal as it appears.

From the BBC's gossip page:

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes insists the cash-rich club will not pay over the odds for players in the transfer window.

City have been linked with stars including Italy keeper Gianluigi Buffon and Brazilian midfielder Kaka, but Hughes says the club will not pay well above the going rate. (www.mcfc.co.uk)

lol, good luck with that. :shifty:

Well to be fair Kenyon did say there was an interest. Kaka won't go for less than £75m, I wouldn't think. Not with Real allegedly offering £100m for Ronaldo.

And Kaka is way better that Ronaldo IMO...

I heard West Bromwich Albion have been impressed by Daniel Sturridge these past few games. I wouldn't mind getting Sturridge in at all, he's a pretty good player for his age, and he can only get better.

And recently, I was told by a friend of mine that we want a new Goalkeeper as Carson isn't playing aswell as he shoulder be! Rubbish! Carson's by far the best Goalkeeper we've had for a while, and we got him for an absolute bargain price of £3.25 Million, despite the fact Liverpool were demanding £10 Million for him off of Villa.

Carson gets so much shit and it's almost entirely because of that game vs. Croatia, but what did they fucking expect? Giving a 21 year old keeper his international debut in one of the most important England matches in recent years where the manager's job is on the line against a very good Croatia side in front of 90,000 people. I'd probably bottle it too.

To be fair, at least he has enough time to build up his reputation again. It's much worse to see a 28 year old make their debut, mess up and get shafted for the rest of their careers.

EDIT: Oh and on the subject of keepers, what you think are the odds of Man City signing Shay Given? I can't hep but feel that if Newcastle accepted a bid for Given he'd be insulted enough to sign the contract in his own blood. He fits the criteria for a signing; he's experienced enough to be stuck in the same group as Buffon and Dida (or just slightly below), he's nearing the end of his career and most likely wouldn't mind being a 2nd choice in a few years time, enough time for Hart to mature.

Plus he'd be far cheaper than Buffon for City (but enough for Newcastle to feel satisfied) and he's used to the Premier League.

I'd hate to see it happen, but if it did City are the only team who could be able to pay for how much Given is worth.

Edited by The General

He's just the same as Buffon, he won't sign with them. The Buffon stuff has been rumors for the last three or four years, just pure bullshit and it goes from one team to another. If Buffon was ever leaving it would have been when Juve got relegated and half of the top players walked out. Buffon is Juventus, just like Given is Newcastle. I cant see that guy leaving what so ever, he clearly loves the club and proves it by putting up with so much shit at times. The guys a hero there and it might sound crazy but I can see Newcastle improving and he needs to be there as a key player.

For some reason, I just don't see any of these 'big money' players going to Man City. Guys like Buffon, Kaka, Torres & Ronaldo going is laughable, and I'm having a hard time believing even people like Given will go. Diarra turned down more money to go to City just because the other team was Real Madrid. Mark Hughes is a smart manager, he'll make the neccessary signings, stuff like Robinho won't be seen for a good while, after all it was quite clear Hughes had no part in that transfer.

And with that Shay Given's agent says that he'd like to leave the club. I personally think this is better than Shay saying it himself, he'd get slaughtered by the Toon fans... despite him being the sole reason Newcastle haven't done a Leeds.

It's disappointing to hear, but he's right. When he signed he was sure the club would be going places, they technically are but at a far slower pace than he expected. By the time Newcastle get round to aiming for UEFA cup spots Given will have long retired.

Serbians to join United

United is pleased to announce it has reached an agreement with Partizan Belgrade and the players for Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic to join the club.

Tosic, 21, will sign with immediate effect and wear the no.14 shirt, while an agreement is in place for 17-year-old Ljajic to remain with Partizan for the rest of 2009.

A press conference will be held next week, once the necessary paperwork has been filed with the relevant football authorities.

Source: manutd.com

I thought Fergie said he wasn't going to buy in this window. These guys must be good.Anybody heard of em?

Serbians to join United

United is pleased to announce it has reached an agreement with Partizan Belgrade and the players for Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic to join the club.

Tosic, 21, will sign with immediate effect and wear the no.14 shirt, while an agreement is in place for 17-year-old Ljajic to remain with Partizan for the rest of 2009.

A press conference will be held next week, once the necessary paperwork has been filed with the relevant football authorities.

Source: manutd.com

I thought Fergie said he wasn't going to buy in this window. These guys must be good.Anybody heard of em?

Why? Just because Scum have signed them, doesn't mean they're good: Taibi, Kleberson and Eric Djemba-Djemba all say hi. I guess Fergie's youth team aren't all he cracked them up to be (again) then, if he's signing foreign youngsters.