Incoming 2009

YI

Okay, so what you all looking forward to in 2009? CD's, gigs whatever.

Albums;

"Prototypes & Painkillers" by Strung Out - February 17th (B-sides/Outtakes/Demos....although, they are now working on new songs too, so maybe a new album by the years end, hopefully :D)

"???" by Dredg - March

"???" by Imogen Heap - ???

"???" by Mew - ???

"Distractions EP" by The Loved Ones - February 3rd

"???" by A Wilhelm Scream

"???" by Propagandhi

"??? EP" by Pulley

"Death Is My Only Friend" by Death By Stereo (myspace clips are growing on me)

"Not Without A Fight" by New Found Glory - March 10th (Last years EP and seeing them live restored my faith in them, Mark Hoppus producing eradicates it :shifty:)

Last year...there was a big pile of shit I was interested in...this year, I honestly can't think of much...although I'll soon be surprised/remember stuff. I know too much, I keep forgetting things.

Okay...gigs...not sure how many I will actually attend, but whatever :shifty:;

Gigs;

January 22nd

The Real McKenzies

w/ Atom & His Package (?)

Underworld - London

not 100% confirmed that Atom is playing, McKenzies myspace says yes, nowhere else does...clashes with my exams...but...if Atom is playing and no matter how hard it is, if I can make it...I WILL MAKE IT!!!

February 8th

The Gaslight Anthem

w/ Frank Turner and Polar Bear Club

Shepherds Bush Empire - London

February 9th

Alkaline Trio

w/ The Audition and Broadway Calls

Academy - Newcastle

really not sure about this one

April 21st

In Flames

Academy 2 - Newcastle

Edited by YI

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Thursday is all I can think of off the top of my head.

And oh shit, new Flobots as well.

And hopefully some new Mike Patton material.

Edited by Cloudy

January 30: Deathstars - Night Electric Night

Other 2009:

Marilyn Manson

The Spookshow - Psychosexual Chapter 3

Swollen Members - Beautiful Death Machine

The Ataris

Alice in Chains

Carnivore

Heaven and Hell

Black Light Burns

Dream Evil

Social Distortion

Bourbon Crow

Mike Ness

Rancid

Also, AFI and the Misfits are supposed to have new tunes out in 09... sadly, the Misfits have been saying that for the past three years. Jerry Only and company have finally been playing new songs at soundchecks, but I'm not sure if they've even been to a recording studio since Project 1950.

Untitled by Dredg

The Empyrean by John Frusciante

Wrath by Lamb of God

Eros by the Deftones (maybe)

Bob Dylan and (ugh) Jack White are supposed to be doing an album where they finish uncompleted songs that Hank Williams wrote before he died. That should be decent. And then there's the Chinese Democracy of rap, "Detox" by Dr. Dre...

Also, hopefully some new NIN.

New Alice in Chains album. If it was released this year, it would've increased the number of the major bands of the music I like that released new albums, along with the likes of Metallica, Guns N' Roses (finally) and AC/DC.

Speaking of Metallica; March 2nd, O2 Arena, London. Yay. Still owe my mate £50 for the ticket though. :shifty:

That Jack White and Bob Dylan sounds pretty intriguing. And sorry Dragsy, didn't even realize I omitted Brand New. NFG has me stoked too. Any plans on another International Superheros of Hardcore album? NFG a few years ago at Warped Tour was awesome.

Speaking of Warped Tour, I can't wait. I'm stoked for 2009 already, just because it's fucking Warped.

I have a possibility of Bonnaroo this year, but my mom is telling me no right now because I'd be missing my high school graduation. I'm trying to convince her of how terrible of an argument that is on her behalf considering I hate nearly everyone in my class and that I'll get my diploma whether I attend or not.

Depending on the line-up I might go to Warped. I had a decent enough time this year.

Bonnaroo is more important than most things. Me and two or three friends are making the trip from NC, an awesome 12 hour or so drive. I'm going to press the issue more once the line-up is announced so I can yell harder and say "I'M GOING TO MISS (INSERT ARTIST HERE) TO GO TO SOME STUPID GRADUATION I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT?!" But yeah, Bonnaroo is looking good for me, especially with a possible EWB meet-up.

My lack of funds always angers me, because I know that I'll never make Bonnaroo until I'm like...25 at least. Then, I'll be too fucking lazy to get out of bed and drive several hours (though, not as many as Tarheels) to go to some festival to where everyone has to piss on the ground. >_>

I won't be hitting up Bonnaroo this year, I've got a wedding to be at and I've been the last 2 years. I'll be doing some other fests (All Good, moe.down, Summer Camp... one or two of them) and definitely hitting up at least Starscape in Baltimore.

Albums? Massive Attack hope to have their 5th album out in June 2009.

I'll be starting 2009 by seeing Wu-Tang Clan play in Bmore on New Year's Eve.

Edited by damshow

New Alice in Chains album. If it was released this year, it would've increased the number of the major bands of the music I like that released new albums, along with the likes of Metallica, Guns N' Roses (finally) and AC/DC.

Speaking of Metallica; March 2nd, O2 Arena, London. Yay. Still owe my mate £50 for the ticket though. :shifty:

These are all old bands. Just saying. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just an observation.

Um...as for me...I'm sure there'll be loads of albums next year that I'd like to pick up but I really don't have any idea who is releasing stuff. I'll find out when it comes.