Incoming 2009

YI

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Jack White and Bob Dylan sounds pretty intriguing. And sorry Dragsy, didn't even realize I omitted Brand New. NFG has me stoked too. Any plans on another International Superheros of Hardcore album? NFG a few years ago at Warped Tour was awesome.

Speaking of Warped Tour, I can't wait. I'm stoked for 2009 already, just because it's fucking Warped.

I meant YI, but yeah, how dare you!

Tarheels, let's get some shows together.

I'm always going to shows.

This weekend I'm seeing Between The Buried and Me.

Next weekend I'm seeing Manchester Orchetra/Kevin Devine/Dead Confederate/All Get Out.

Both are in Wilmington though.

Edited by Tarheels.

I could never pay £50 for a ticket...seriously...I was a bit narked that my Gaslight ticket came to £16...but even with travel and stuff, it will still be under £50.

Try living in Jersey. ATP is costing me over £300 when I factor in tickets, flights and hire car...gigs that would normally cost me less than £20 end up costing me nigh-on £100, if not more, because of the flights, or a little less if I get the ferry, but even then I have to factor in transport once I'm there. Nightmare.

Anyway...next year...not too up on what albums are expected, I don't tend to keep track of that too much. Curious about the new Antony & The Johnsons, though, sounds like it could be good.

As for live stuff...hoping to catch the Sun Ra Arkestra, and to go to ATP Vs. The Fans (Jesus Lizard, Sleep, Devo, Spiritualized, etc.), maybe Glastonbury, probably Route Du Rock, and hopefully catch at least one of Of Montreal, Magazine or Stereotype on tour. And if The Lucksmiths ever get round to another European tour to support the new album, will try and see them at least once.

Edited by Man With The GoldenGrahams

YI, get down to Leeds to see Trio instead, you know you'd rather :shifty:

Anyway yeah, going to see Alk3 at Leeds Academy, will 99% certainly go to Leeds fest, may go see Metallica at Sheffield if I can somehow get a ticket (if not I've heard rumours they may play Roundhay park, which seems a long shot at best but I'm willing to keep my hopes up just cos its 'Tallica) and erm... that's it so far. There'll be more, plenty more but that's all I know of... unless we're counting locla bands.

Mastodon's "Crack the Skye" should be glorious and thus, I cannot wait for it to be released.

I'm very intrigued by the idea of the upcoming Josh Homme produce Arctic Monkeys album as well.

Other than that, I'm not too sure on what's coming out and stuff, other than the few that are listed in the thread already. I am looking forward to new Lamb of God though and hadn't known that they were even working on a new album.

Gigs-wise: Nothing really planned yet but I might be seeing BB King and Buddy Guy in February, it depends on how much I spend on tix for my parents though.

Oh YI, did you forget that Animal Collective, Andrew Bird, possibly okay new Franz Ferdinand, Lily Allen, Mos FUCKING Def, and maybe drugged up Amy Winehouse all have albums out in quarter one? Oh deary...

And maybe FUCKING MUSE. :D

Edited by ROC

Damn, I didn't know about Animal Collective and Andrew Bird. I'm going to have to check those out. My friends took his honeymoon in New York a few months ago so he could go see Andrew Bird play, he recommended Bird to me like a year ago and I finally got into him this summer. And Animal Collective is fucking Animal Collective :w00t:

2009 is looking awesome.

Gonna see Wu-Tang in Providence on Jan 2nd, then Reel Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto in Worcester on Jan 24th. Might see Lil' Wayne on the 19th too, depending on if anyone wants to go. I might go see The Roots in January too since it's apparently the last time they're touring in a while. That's all I have lined up up as of now.

Edited by reyrey619

I'm looking forward to seeing whether kicking Bob Rock to the curb can rescue Our Lady Peace's music the way it did Metallica. Neko Case and AC Newman have new albums out next year, so that should be good. Kanye and k-os, ditto. And Fitzy insists that Black Market Hero will have a new album out next year, so that. Plus perhaps solo records by both Outkast members, and I'm happy with anything that gets us closer to "10 the Hard Way".