Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

MalaCloudy Black

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/12/03/ca...re-2-announced/

That's right kiddos, Activision's hugely successful Call of Duty franchise is spawning another sequel limb with today's semi-official announcement that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is in development and set for release Fall 2009.

The announcement comes from a Microsoft sponsored Massive Inc. upfront where publishers showcase and talk about upcoming products to lineup advertisers prior to release. Activision didn't have any specifics to announce regarding the title, other than the fact that we'll be receiving a second helping of Modern Warfare late next year.

Anyone beyond excited for more CoD, especially a sequel to CoD4 which is arguably the best of the franchise?

Yarrrr.. more money to spend. :angry:

Price died. I thought him sliding you the gun and them virtually jumping on his deaded chest was meant to show that....

I refuse to believe he died, I refuse to believe that they killed off everyone, I refuse to believe that someone with an mustache THAT awesome be killed off.

Price died. I thought him sliding you the gun and them virtually jumping on his deaded chest was meant to show that....

I refuse to believe he died, I refuse to believe that they killed off everyone, I refuse to believe that someone with an mustache THAT awesome be killed off.

Well, Soap didn't die. The Russian said he'd be ok.

Soap should come back as some kind of ass kicking machine, with a new, upgraded name to suit. Detergent. Or something like that <_<

Following reports taken directly from an upfront with Massive Inc. that sequels were on the way for Tony Hawk, Call of Duty -- specifically, a follow-up to Modern Warfare -- and Guitar Hero, and that a new Bond game is in the works, Activision informed VideoGamer.com that such reports are "speculative."

Well, I suppose this doesn't exactly mean that it's not in development..

'Reports that we're making Call of Duty 6 and Guitar Hero 5 for a 2009 release are completely unfounded. We're actually planning on bringing out CoD, 8 and 9 as well as GH 6, 7 and 8 next year.'

Edited by Fat Sow-sa

This is good news. I would very much rather have a modern day COD than a WWII one, so yay for potential.

Same here, this is great news, I immensely loved COD4.

And I'm sure they left the Price thing on a cliffhanger, nobody said what happened to him, did they?

This is good news. I would very much rather have a modern day COD than a WWII one, so yay for potential.

Same here, this is great news, I immensely loved COD4.

And I'm sure they left the Price thing on a cliffhanger, nobody said what happened to him, did they?

Nobody said. THe Russian told Soap he was going to be fine, and he passed out he turned around to see them... basically punching Price in the chest as part of CPR.

I played World at War for a total of 5 hours over 2 days, and finished it. How is that non-stop?

It's the most non-stop. Or WaW sucks for story and length. Then again, I wouldn't be much a fan of fifteen hours of repetitive shooting and ducking and all of that other stuff. On the other hand, five hours is just... hmm.

But if Price isn't in it, what will [cockney]Johnny Allen[/cockney] do? :crying:

Anyway, after only getting COD4 like a week or 2 ago, I'll probably be getting this. Hope the storyline is much longer, that was a little disappointing.

Speakign of which...

The part where you kill the 3 guys in slow mo with Price's gun, for some reason, one of the random NPC's survived, and by the time I turned back around, he'd killed them all!
Edited by TheModernWay