Britney Spears - Circus

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I'm not Ms Spears' greatest fan musically in any way and while some crazy actions are always entertaining, her dirty laundry being aired so publically was kinda depressing....Anyway what is apparantly her 6th album has just come out (at least from what I can tell from the adverts for it over here). It seems to have a decent pumping vibe to it and it's nice to see her back looking her best again. Bless.

After a listen though it, very good return and album.

One or two shitty songs, one of those being 'Mmm Papi', which is really terrible. Then again there's a number of really good tracks from 'Womanizer', 'Blur' and, 'Radar' and 'Lace and Leather'. Although I do worry she's slipped down to doing the same shit that the majority of the music scene is doing right now, because she used to put out something different to what else was going on. Still, certainly a thumbs up for the album. Problem is she's going to lack majorly live. If she gets her act together and stops being a lazy cunt and actually sings, she could go back to how great she once was. Her last live performance was near on her worst ever, so she's got a lot to prove. Then again, she's still seen as one of the top females around, so she's got nothing to worry about. She should of tried to get Justin Timberlake to sing on 'Blur' though, because it sounds like one of his style of songs and could of been huge (Y)

I actually quite like Britney and I like Womanizer, it's just pretty catchy. After watching the X-Factor show I thought, even with lip-syncing, the whole thing looked fantastic. It's good to see her look good again, and her daces for her tracks are pretty fun.

I actually quite like Britney and I like Womanizer, it's just pretty catchy. After watching the X-Factor show I thought, even with lip-syncing, the whole thing looked fantastic. It's good to see her look good again, and her daces for her tracks are pretty fun.

I'd agree with everything you said, minus the X Factor performance. It was by far one of her worst ever. Still looked like she'd lost her confidence way too much, although after all the shit she's been through, that's understandable I guess. She's got a good album here though and all she needs to do is get off her ass and realise how big and good she once was, get her confidence flowing again and everything could turn back to brilliance. That performance was one to forget.

I've always liked her stuff, which is weird. Her and Christina are about the only two I like from that pop scene, and I've always enjoyed Britney's work based off the catchiness of most of her songs. I watched the two videos she has out for this album earlier today and I was surprised at how much I actually liked the songs.

Anyone who thinks Womanizer is a good song, even for a pop song, is a fucking idiot and needs their head checked. By a jumbo jet. Sorry, hammy's avatar caught my attention.

But yeah, how can repeating the same syllable over and over and making no real point ever make a good song? I don't think even she has faith in it, hence the whole nude appearance in the video. Terrible, terrible song.

Isn't there someone else famous with an album called "Circus" right now? I read it in the Daily Record. Think it might be Kanye West. Or maybe not...

It's not Kanye.

And from what I've heard, this record is...probably disturbing on a lot of levels. Not as in it's terrible pop (which I assume it is and probably are wrong in thinking), but because the lyrical content seems to kind of tease a vibe of...I don't know, incest? Again, this is coming from what I've heard on Greg Kot and Jim DeOrgatis's reviews of the record, so I'm probably wrong.