Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney: Turnabout Mafia

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, wait until the post is up and the night is officially resolved, please.

There's no major specific reason for it. I'm interested in how it'll change people's play styles here. The other board where I play Mafia does it this way, and I just want to try it out here. If it doesn't stick, no problem.

Edited by StayPuft Marshmallow Sousa

For storyline purposes during recess we're all out of the courtroom and therefore can't talk.

I don't think it'll stick, as it's just a matter of time before somebody (lol MPH already, as I switch tabs) posts during a night phase and it comes down to "Do I warn them (again), or do I eliminate someone from the game 'just' because they posted something at night?", and then you have to take into account their role (do you really off the mafia don/town investigator/etc., someone with an important/valuable role based on a non-threatening/unimportant/meaningless post made at the wrong time?), situation (can the game end on a recess post should the last mafiaso/deciding justice-follower speak?), and so on and so forth.

For storyline purposes during recess we're all out of the courtroom and therefore can't talk.

Well, yeah, obviously.

I don't think it'll stick, as it's just a matter of time before somebody (lol MPH already, as I switch tabs) posts during a night phase and it comes down to "Do I warn them (again), or do I eliminate someone from the game 'just' because they posted something at night?", and then you have to take into account their role (do you really off the mafia don/town investigator/etc., someone with an important/valuable role based on a non-threatening/unimportant/meaningless post made at the wrong time?), situation (can the game end on a recess post should the last mafiaso/deciding justice-follower speak?), and so on and so forth.

Yeah, one of the big problems with running a Mafia game on a board that regularly does Mafia is that people can get antsy whenever there's any slight break in protocol. I mean, when was the last time a themed game started in the day and ended with a lynch? The one exception I can think of is A-Team Mafia, where Huss went "durrrr i m miltary" on Day One and got himself thrown hella far over it. People on EWB

1. Like talking at night and

2. Like starting at night in themed games.

Deviation is death, which is why I wanted to do it.