Michael Jackson 'fights for life'

apsham

http://ca.music.yahoo.com/read/news/61930940

Michael Jackson 'needs a lung transplant'

12/22/2008 9:00 PM, Yahoo! Music

Michael Jackson is supposedly in need of a lung transplant because he is suffering from alpha-1 anti-trypsin deficiency, emphysema, and chronic gastrointestinal bleeding, his biographer has claimed.

Biographer Ian Halperin claimed that the singer, recently pictured using a wheelchair, has gone half-blind as a result of his ailments, and that they could see his demise.

Halperin told Britain's The Sun, "He needs a lung transplant, but may be too weak to go through with it. He also has emphysema and chronic gastrointestinal bleeding, which his doctors have had a lot of trouble stopping. It's the bleeding that's the most problematic part. It could kill him. He can barely speak. The vision in his left eye is 95 percent gone."

Jackson's brother Jermaine is quoted as saying, "He's not doing so well right now. This isn't a good time."

It's being plastered all over everywhere, so I'm sure you've heard of it by now.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust The Sun on anything, ever.

Exept for Hitler being a homosexual alien!

And Shia LeBeouf being cast as Robin in the next Batman film. That was a good one.

Why must every Michael Jackson conversation steer completely away from his music?

Which again is amazing. Probably biased since I obviously like him a lot, but I'm first to admit he's got his own share of problems.

....because since 2001 he hasn't released any albums (and Invincible in 2001 was hardly a critical success, averaging 3/5 in critic ratings), instead filling his time with weird actions (such as dangling his own baby out of a window), and yes the media will be more focussed on him that other people, but seriously....Child molestation charges, weird spending habits (which coincided with the need to close Neverland ranch), addictions to Morhpine.....

Also HIStory wasn't particularly well received. Anti-semetic allegations never seem to go down well in the US either.

If you're in the public eye people will tear you down, rightly or wrongly, when stuff starts getting weird or sinister.

...and yeah he was cleared of the child sexy touchy feely allegations but Elizabeth Taylor's statement, recalling a time she was with Jackson and a kid, defended him by saying they "were in the bed, watching television. There was nothing abnormal about it. There was no touchy-feely going on. We laughed like children and we watched a lot of Walt Disney. There was nothing odd about it."

I'm sorry but call me a cynical, perverse old man but when you're a fully fledged adult you lose the right to lie in bed, laughing and playing with kids that aren't your own.

His music, however, is okay. Not to my taste but you can't deny the quality of his earlier work on into the 80s.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMySanta

....because since 2001 he hasn't released any albums (and Invincible in 2001 was hardly a critical success, averaging 3/5 in critic ratings)

Released Number Ones in 2003 that had a new song, The Ultimate Collection in 2004 which had about 5 new songs recorded since 01. A handful of new tracks have leaked since 2001 including one this year with Akon. He's been working but he's not going to just throw together another album until he's ready, and honestly that's the best approach right now. This might be his last, so it needs to cement a legacy and not just further tarnish it.

weird spending habits (which coincided with the need to close Neverland ranch)

Actually, he still owns Neverland. He sold it to an entertainment company that plans on making it an amusement park.

I'm starting to sound like a ravid fan. It's just the way the media reports things pisses me off sometimes.

AND WHOSOEVER SHALL BE FOUND WITHOUT THE SOUL FOR GETTING DOWN

MUST STAND AND FACE THE HOUNDS OF HELL

AND ROT INSIDE A CORPSE'S SHELL.

I think Vincent Price is like my favourite part about Thriller.