World Championship Wrestling - 2001

ADG

WCW THUNDER

WCW Thunder comes at you this week from some godforsaken hole in the desert, and no, we left Utah yesterday! Tonight we’re in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the Albuquerque Sports Center. Go Isotopes! Now let’s join your announce team, Mike Tenay and Gary Michael Cappetta.

- YOU KNOW CANYONS ARE BIG WALLS? -

Chris Kanyon vs. Sergeant A-WALL

“It’s time for Thunder!” screams Mike Tenay to kick us off and make 50,000 people switch from TBS to FOX. It is indeed time for Thunder and what better way to kick us off than with Sergeant A-WALL taking on Chris Kanyon? I don’t know, maybe an hour long documentary on cheddar cheese?

Mmmmmmmm……cheese….(OOC: We need the drool smilie back!) Cheese is nice, this match was like a cheese. Like cheddar cheese. It has its moments. On pizza it’s yucky, on crusty bread with ham it’s nice. This match was cheddar on a ham pizza. If you can understand that. Kanyon managed to lead A-WALL through an average 4 minute match filled with average moves which led to an average crowd. I am starting to worry about WCW though. We’re seeing a gradual decline of the cruiserweights opening the show and they’re not getting time elsewhere on the card to make up for it. Even the Misterio/Guerrero feud has taken a back seat to the push of Straight Outta Samoa in recent weeks. Still at least we can be grateful that a man like Chris Kanyon is on our TV screens as he came out victorious with the I’m Betta Than You for the 1-2-3.

Distinctly average, but what do you expect with A-WALL? .

(67/63/65)

Winner: Chris Kanyon

- STEINER FEELING THE STRAIN -

Thunder goes backstage to the Magnificent Seven locker room. Standard set-up, guys, women, Ric Flair’s man tits drooping.

Scott Steiner: Concentrate Ric, don’t let these $2 sluts distract you!

Ric Flair: Calm down champ, Slick Ric is on his game tonight.

Scott Steiner: You better be Flair because I swear to God, I need someone at ringside at Superbrawl. That asshole Goldberg is a threat.

Ric Flair: Champ, you don’t need anyone at ringside with ya. You can take care of Goldberg all by yourself but believe it daddy-o, at Superbrawl, “The Nature Boy” will be by your side.

Scott Steiner: You better be…

Ric Flair: Settle down champ, now Stephanie here, can put her legs behind her head…….

Scott Steiner: Really?

We leave the Seven to their games as we head to commercial.

(95)

Jeff Jarrett gained overness from this segment.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- HOORAY! PALUMBO CAN MOAN AGAIN! -

Jindrak & O’Haire vs. Helms & Moore

The commercial break sees nothing interesting except a demand to Eat at Whitey’s and we’re back to Thunder with Mark Jindrak and Sean O’Haire taking on the tag team of Shane Helms & Shannon Moore. This should be good.

It was good, very good in fact and the crowd actually got into it which brought another match of the year contender as far as quality goes. This match differed to the match on Nitro with Air Raid in that Jindrak & O’Haire played the dominant heels in this match, angry after a loss on Monday. All manner of moves were pulled out to crush Helms & Moore who showed the same battling spirit they showed at Sin to stay in the match. Even when things looked to be over the two cruiserweights managed to stay in the match although the rope was used to break a pin on more than one occasion. Everything pointed to Jindrak & O’Haire getting the victory but unfortunately fate struck a cruel blow as Helms & Moore – after being on the backfoot the entire match – managed to find an opening and got Lady Luck on their side for the 1-2-3 pinfall following a Sunset Flip off the top rope from Helms to O’Haire for the win – Jindrak having been nailed accidentally with a Superkick by O’Haire.

A great match following the classic Big Man vs. Small Man plan and it worked very well. Bad luck for the NBT continues but Helms and Moore looked impressive again in their selling. **½.

(83/69/76)

Winners: Helms & Moore

- NATURAL BORN THRILLERS IN CRISIS: PART TWO! -

Backstage go the cameras and we see Jindrak and O’Haire again coming through the curtain to the backstage area. The rest of the NBT is there to meet them but O’Haire just pushes straight past them all with Jindrak following behind.

Mark Jindrak: Yeah Sean, it isn’t nice when it’s you that made the mistake now is it! Huh? It doesn’t feel good does it!?!

Sean O’Haire: Shut it Mark, I swear you say another word and I will beat you down.

Jindrak and O’Haire get nose to nose.

Mark Jindrak: Try it……

O’Haire shoves Jindrak away but Jindrak comes right back and shoves O’Haire.

Mike Sanders: Hey, hey, hey! Break it up, break it up now guys!

Chuck Palumbo: Let ‘em go! Of course if I was there then we wouldn’t have lost.

Sean O’Haire: Shut up Chuck or you’ll be next!

Mark Jindrak: Leave him out of this! Your beef is with me.

The two start to scuffle before O’Haire gets Jindrak in a headlock and the two struggle to the floor as the rest of the NBT try to separate them.

(73)

- SUPERBRAWL REVENGE SEES THE RETURN OF THE STINGER -

We leave the NBT to see the world premiere of a hype video to the tune of “Coming Back” by The Resident WCW Band.

You See I Got A Little Busy (Sting descending from the rafters)

And I Had No Time To Spare (Sting looking straight into the camera)

I Had Hoped You Wouldn't Notice (Sting posing with the WCW World Title)

That I Didn't Even Seem To Care (Sting sitting solemnly)

When I'd Force Myself To Visit (Clips begin of Sting in action)

We Would Talk About The Weather (Sting knocks Flair to the mat)

Pretend We'd Get Together (Sting with a Stinger Splash to Sid)

At A Later Date That Slipped My Mind (Sting with the 10 Punches to Vader)

As Soon As I Had Said Goodbye (Sting cleaning house on the nWo)

When Are You Coming Back? (Sting staring at a baseball bat he holds in his hands)

When Are You Coming Back? (Sting nailing Hulk Hogan with the same bat)

I Was Distracted By The Scenery (Sting looking round at a packed arena crowd)

The Distance Left Me Unprepared (Sting coming through the curtain at Starrcade 1997)

To Deal With Being Helpless (Sting locked in the Figure Four by Flair)

Knowing You Were Breathing Liquid Air (Sting reversing the F4 on Flair)

I Had Always Meant To Say Goodbye (Sting looking back at the crowd after a match)

But Cancer Didn't Advertise (Sting getting beaten down)

That I Should Just Apologize (Sting on the microphone)

To Some Degree I Felt Relieved (Sting staring up the rampway)

I Knew You Would Be Haunting Me (Sting looking on from the ring in the days of the Black Scorpion)

When Are You Coming Back? (A shot of Sting sitting in the rafters looking at the ring)

When Are You Coming Back? (A thunderbolt flashes covering the screen in light)

Mezzanine. (Sting standing in the middle of the ring)

Edited by ADGray

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WCW MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW!

Tonight on WCW Monday Nitro:

With the Magnificent Seven all banned from ringside at Superbrawl, Goldberg will have the night off to prepare for Sunday night and his shot at Scott Steiner. But tonight we still have a big night of wrestling action for you!

We know that Sting will return at Superbrawl Revenge in the “Time Crisis” match but tonight another big name in WCW will make his first appearance of the year. Yes, Booker T returns to WCW tonight!

With only 6 days till Superbrawl Revenge the title scenes are hotting up! WCW US Champion General Rection will head into the ring with his MIA comrades to face Team Canada in a six-man tag match! Will “The Franchise” be watching? Also tonight we know the WCW Tag Team Champions, The InSiders will be in action, but we don’t know who their opponents will be!

The superstars of WCW have only 4 hours left to prove themselves to WCW President Larry Zbysko before the “Time Crisis” match at Superbrawl Revenge. Tonight Larry Zbysko will tonight announce another 5 competitors for the match, leaving only 5 spots open!

In an amazing debut Justin Credible appeared in WCW on Thunder, attacking the WCW Hardcore Champion Terry Funk. Tonight we get the reasons behind Credible’s attack as well as seeing him in action against Shane Helms in one on one action!

In one final warm up before Superbrawl Revenge Rey Misterio Jr. will be in action against David Flair in one on one action.

All this and more on Nitro!

- Confirmed Matches -

Booker T vs. Mike Sanders

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. David Flair

Team Canada vs. The Misfits In Action

The InSiders vs. ???????

Justin Credible vs. Shane Helms

WCW MONDAY NITRO!

WCW Monday Nitro comes at you this fine February evening from the Coors Event Center on the campus of the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado. Now let’s head to ringside and YOUR announce team of Tony Schiavone and Gary Michael Cappetta!

**Tony Schiavone and Gary Michael Cappetta take it upon themselves to welcome us to WCW Monday Nitro and heavily plug “the return to a WCW ring of Booker T!” before they are interrupted by the music of Scott Steiner – in street clothes - who heads to the ring with Midajah in tow**

- BOOOOO! HISS! SCOTT STEINER’S IN THE HOUSE! -

Scott Steiner enters the ring and stands looking at the crowd for a few seconds, allowing us all to get a close up of the word “CHAMPION” on the WCW World Heavyweight Title belt – artistic – before the camera zooms out again to show that Scott Steiner has acquired a microphone.

Scott Steiner: Six days from now is Superbrawl Revenge, when I put my WCW World Heavyweight Championship on the line against Goldberg. Everything has been done in this match to make it harder and harder for me to retain this belt at Superbrawl. Every one of my friends and allies has been banned from ringside! That is not fair. Is it really my fault if Goldberg has no friends? Is that my fault? No it isn’t, you see Goldberg isn’t very sociable. That’s why he’s a loner. Why should I be punished just because Goldberg wasn’t popular as a kid?

There is a solitary answer from the crowd which Steiner hears.

Scott Steiner: I shouldn’t, exactly. But Larry Zbysko has an issue with me. He can’t take it he’s no longer a “living legend”. He knows I am the new “living legend.” To go with all my other names, “Big Poppa Pump”, “The Big Bad Booty Daddy”, “The Genetic Freak” I am now the “Living Legend”. Zbysko knows it, Goldberg knows it and all you people here know it! Goldberg, six days from now I will beat you, and I will crush every little dream these people here have of you. They idolise you now, but after Sunday, they’ll think you’re a chump, just like them.

The crowd begin booing solidly but the boos soon turn into cheers as the drum beat starts and the chants are piped into the arena.

(87)

**Schiavone and Cappetta go wild as the live crowd start to chant along to the piped in chants. “IT’S GOLDBERG! HE’S HERE AND HE’S HERE NOW!” screams Schiavone**

- YAY! YIPPEE! HERE’S GOLDBERG! -

The pyros go off but they’re too late as Goldberg has already come through the curtain dressed in his street clothes and has charged the ring. Right behind him come a whole gang of road agents, officials and every single WCW referee.

Goldberg slides into the ring and Steiner comes to meet him. The two men trade punches as the first of the road agents reaches the ring apron. The crowd is going wild as Goldberg gets the upper hand and backs Steiner into the ropes. An Irish Whip is reversed by Steiner and Goldberg knocks a WCW road agent off the apron to the floor. Steiner swings with a clothesline, it’s ducked by Goldberg who hits the opposite ropes, prompting Arn Anderson to jump off the apron before a collision. Steiner turns into a SPEAR FROM GOLDBERG! Goldberg starts punching at the head of Steiner but Steiner rolls over and swings in desperation at the head of Goldberg as road agents and referees finally swarm into the ring to break the two men up. Goldberg rolls over again so he is in control and bangs Steiner’s head off the mat three times. Nick Patrick is pushed away by Goldberg and Lil’ Naitch jumps on his back! Goldberg gets to his feet and spins round causing Charles Robinson to lose his grip and crash to the mat. Steiner is back up and he tackles Goldberg to the ground! Police officers and the WCW locker room empties as Wayne DeBruce, Meng, Brian Knobbs, Norman Smiley, Big Vito, The Cat, Disco Inferno, David Flair, MI Smooth and Chris Candido dash from the back in WCW shirts to help out. Steiner is pulled away by about ten men and forced back into the far corner. Goldberg gets to his feet and pushes past Fit Finlay, charging for Steiner again. Steiner pushes past Johnny Ace, Mike Rotundo and Randy Anderson and the two start trading right hands again! This is pandemonium as the police officers clamber into the ring. Meng, Candido and Knobbs pull back Steiner as Smiley and Smooth grab Goldberg. Wayne DeBruce tries to calm down his former mentor and for a moment it looks like Goldberg will stop but a comment from Steiner sparks a rage in Goldberg and he breaks free of Smiley and Smooth! Berg runs across the ring but is taken down by three police officers! Steiner turns his back to leave but it’s a trick as he spins swiftly and dives on Goldberg punching him. More police swarm over Steiner and pull him back off Goldberg as again the WCW wrestlers in the ring try to keep the two apart. One police officer pulls out handcuffs but they’re knocked out of his hands in the melee. Goldberg is forced from the ring by fifteen men, including police officers, referees, road agents and wrestlers and they form a solid wall behind him as he trudges up the aisle. In the ring Scott Steiner has apparently calmed down and is back to his feet but he has the microphone again.

Scott Steiner: That all ya got Bill?!?!?!

In a flash Goldberg has spun and broken through the wall and is sliding back into the ring with the police, referees and more chasing after him. Steiner dives on Goldberg as he slides under the bottom rope and the two roll around on the canvas again.

(81)

**Tony Schiavone informs the fans they’re going to a commercial while the WCW officials try and sort all this out. “The tape machines are running if anything major happens we will show you after the commercials but this is absolute pandemonium Gary!” **

**COMMERCIAL BREAK – THE SEGA DREAMCAST, THE PREMIER CONSOLE OUT TODAY! WHY PLAY ALONE, WHEN YOU CAN PLAY ONLINE?**

**Back from commercial and David Flair is already in the ring. “Fans we apologise for what we saw, that was absolute mayhem but it just shows how much these two want to get at each other!” says Schiavone as the music of Rey Misterio Jr. hits and Schiavone diverts his attention to the match at hand**

- MISTERIO SENDS A WARNING TO S.O.S -

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. David Flair

Our first match saw Rey Misterio Jr. take on David Flair in a 10 minute long back and forth match which was only let down by the inexperience of David Flair. Misterio though managed to hide most of his weaknesses although weak selling shone through at a 6-1-9 and an Enziguri. Flair nearly got the victory after a distraction by Straight Outta Samoa, which popped the crowd and made them more responsive, but Misterio kicked out just before the three. The match went on - barring a couple of split-screen interruptions to show Steiner and Goldberg still trying to get at each other backstage - with Misterio mainly in control although Ekmo and Kimo tried to have a further impact with distractions but it all backfired in the end as instead of tripping up Misterio off an Irish Whip they got Flair by mistake. Misterio capitalised and rolled through in a bridge pin for the 1-2-3 pinfall win. After the bell S.O.S tried to attack Misterio but using his speed he out-manoeuvred both men and nailed dropkicks to both, sending them over the top and to the floor. Misterio then legged it to the back.

(71/70/70)

**Schiavone and Cappetta talk a little about Superbrawl Revenge – “Only six days a way wrestling fans!” croons Schiavone - and Misterio versus Straight Outta Samoa before we head to a commercial break**

**COMMERCIAL BREAK – SUBWAY INTRODUCES ITS NEW SANDWICH. THE 12” PEPPERONI SUPREME!**

**Back from commercial and Team Canada are already in the ring. They’ve just finished “a rousing rendition of the Canadian National Anthem” but before Lance Storm can even begin to talk about how those north of the border are superior the Misfits in action have hit the ring to a big “Oh yeah, here comes trouble!” from Schiavone**

- OOOOOOOOHH CANADA! “THE FRANCHISE” OWNS YOUR ASS! -

Team Canada vs. The Misfits In Action

Back from commercial and six man tag action with Team Canada (Lance Storm, Mike Awesome & Elix Skipper) and The Misfits In Action (General Rection, Corporal Cajun & Sergeant A-WALL) was next. In what was a disappointing match the six didn’t really mesh very well, which was quite confusing as four of the six should have been good enough in the ring to carry the match. Team Canada looked sharp, but the MIA – Rection especially – looked shoddy in the ring tonight. Storm showcased his sublime technical skills and Awesome his power arsenal. Skipper got a few good routines going with Cajun but when Rection or A-WALL hit the ring all momentum was brought to a screeching halt. When the MIA were in control the crowd was apathetic and the six saw fit to end the match before causing any further embarrassment when Lance Storm nailed a Superkick to Cajun for the 1-2-3 win. After the bell “The Franchise” Shane Douglas tried to take out Rection with a sneak attack but his assault was cut short by Corporal Cajun and Sergeant A-WALL.

(68/62/65)

**Back at the broadcast booth Schiavone and Cappetta discuss the Rection versus Douglas match “live only on pay per view this Sunday night!” But before they can continue Shane Helms comes out from the back and Schiavone and Cappetta launch into “the immense shock caused on Thursday night, when, when Justin Credible, debuted in WCW.” Justin Credible then heads to the ring, Singapore Cane in tow**

- THAT WASN’T JUST THE BEST, THAT WAS JUSTIN CREDIBLE! -

Justin Credible vs. Shane Helms

Next up we saw Justin Credible – making his in-ring debut in WCW – take on Shane Helms who was accompanied to the ring by Shannon Moore. The match itself was the best of the night and the crowd was responsive enough, a good sign for Credible’s credibility off the bat. As with any debut, this match was largely one sided with Credible beating Helms black and blue, using a variety of moves, including a nice tilt-o-whirl backbreaker after three minutes and a superplex after around five. Throughout we could hear Credible talking trash about Helms, his “butt buddy on the outside” Shannon Moore and most of all “that wrinkly old asshole” Terry Funk. Helms did try to fight but it proved pointless as Credible just looked possessed against anything that was thrown at him and every time he was hit, he came back with something even stronger. In the end Credible saw fit to end the slaughter at the 9 minute mark with the That’s Incredible for the 1-2-3. After the bell Credible raised his Singapore Cane high into the air before grabbing a microphone from ringside.

(77/66/71)

** “I’m not getting in a ring with Justin Credible any time soon.” says Cappetta, the cut on his head from Thursday night still visible. Before he can launch into a scathing attack though, Credible has tapped the microphone and told the Colorado crowd to “take your boos, shove them up your asses and shut the hell up.” **

- SOMETHING OLD? CHECK! SOMETHING NEW? CHECK! -

Justin Credible stands in the ring with the microphone in one hand and the Singapore Cane in the other as Helms is helped up the aisle by his partner Shannon Moore.

Justin Credible: Boulder, Colorado…take a good look at the results of fighting me! Take a look at the results of thinking that you are better than Justin Credible. For weeks Terry Funk has come out here in front of you people and said I’m a coward, said how I’m a weak SOB because I wouldn’t come and fight him. Well I’m here now ain’t I? But I’m not here to fight tonight, no, I’ve whipped one ass tonight, and if that little butt buddy of Shane Helms…..

Shannon Moore spins round rapidly in the aisle to see Justin Credible pointing straight at him. He starts to head down the aisle again but is stopped by officials and Shane Helms.

Justin Credible: If that faggot wants a fight then fine, but not tonight. I came, I saw, I conquered. But since Thursday, no matter where I go, I get asked the same question, and hell it’s a cliché in wrestling these days, but I kept getting asked…………”Why Justin?”, “Why Justin?”, “Why attack a guy like Terry Funk?” I’ll tell you why, me and him, we used to be tight. Hell one time in Philadelphia he came up to me and said he saw a little of himself in me. But that wasn’t enough, because while he kept main eventing, I was in the opening matches. I was overlooked as a little up-start punk. Well let me tell you, I have been in this sport for 10 years, I am not an upstart. For ten years people have given me jockstraps and told me to wrestle. They’ve named me after a goddamn jellyfish and I’m expected to be happy. Well in this business, there has always been one way to get to the top, to take out the people at the top! And Terry Funk, no doubt you’ve been at the top of the mountain for a long time, and I respect you for that, but Funk, you’ve been at the top of that mountain for FAR TOO LONG! Even after your old crippled ass found it difficult to even show up at the arena you were main eventing and it made me sick, so tonight Funk, is the beginning of the end. I will destroy you Funk, your life, your career, your legacy will end thanks to me and if-

Before Credible can continue the arena has risen to their feet at the music of Terry Funk hitting the PA system and the WCW Hardcore Champion comes storming through the curtain with a steel chair and charges the ring! Funk slides under the bottom rope where Credible is on him in a flash with kicks knocking the chair out of the grip of the champ, but Funk gets to his knees and delivers some solid left hands to the abdomen of Credible and a low blow by Funk! Credible stumbles away clutching at his groin as Funk pulls himself up with the ring ropes. Terry Funk picks up the chair as Credible turns to face him again…………Funk swings, but Credible ducks it and nails a kick to the stomach of a turning Funker. Terry drops to one knee as Credible swings the cane. Funk tries to get the chair up to protect himself but isn’t fast enough and gets nailed between the eyes with the cane. The chair is lying in the middle of the ring as a dazed Funk stumbles around the ring supporting himself on the ring ropes. Credible shouts and Funk turns to the sound only to be nailed with the cane again. Credible drops the cane as Funk stumbles into reach and Credible brings Funk up and down with a That’s Incredible on the steel chair! Credible looks down at his fallen foe before picking up the microphone again.

Justin Credible: That's not just the coolest, that's not just the best, that my friends, is Justin Credible!

Nitro goes to a commercial break with the last image that of a bloodied Funk lying helpless with the dominant Justin Credible standing over him, raising both the steel chair and cane above his head.

(75)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK – SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, PROUD SPONSORS OF WCW! FEBRUARY ISSUE OUT NOW!**

**Nitro comes back from commercial to Schiavone and Cappetta, who immediately send the action backstage “where we’re about to find out who The InSiders will face tonight!” **

- PALUMBO’S PLAN DOESN’T WORK -

There seems to be some confusion with the production team however as we are transported into the Natural Born Thrillers dressing room. All are there except Chuck Palumbo, but he quickly bursts into the room.

Chuck Palumbo: Hey guys I got some great news…

Mike Sanders: Shut up man, we wanna hear the announcement.

Chuck Palumbo: But that’s what my news is about.

Sean O’Haire: What?

Chuck Palumbo: I went to Larry Zbysko’s office and I got us the shot at The InSiders tonight! It’s us versus them next! We can get some gold and get everything back on track. We win tonight we get a shot at the champs next Monday night!

Sean O’Haire: Alright, way to go Chuck. Mark let’s move, we’re gonna get those belts for the N-B-T!

Chuck looks like he’s about to protest or add something else to his announcement but before he can the whole group has left the dressing room leaving Palumbo on his own.

Chuck Palumbo: It was meant to be me and you Sean…..

We leave Chuck Palumbo and head back to the ring where The InSiders are coming down the aisle to a good reaction.

(76)

**Schiavone and Cappetta discuss the problems the NBT have had and the attitude of Chuck Palumbo in recent weeks before Jindrak & O’Haire make their way out to the ring**

- CRAZY CHUCKIE! -

The InSiders vs. Jindrak & O’Haire

Again Kevin Nash gets the second to last match and again it’s the semi-main event. This time seeing The InSiders take on Mark Jindrak and Sean O’Haire in a non-title match, which actually turned out to be pretty good as the participation of Kevin Nash was kept to a minimum, with Jindrak & O’Haire beating up DDP for the majority of the match and Page waiting for the right moment for the courageous face fight-back. The four teased the hot tag a few times using every trick to stop it happening with the referee being distracted, double teaming, ref being bumped etc. until finally Nash got the tag and used his big feet to knock shit out of Jindrak and O’Haire. Nash though was caught with a chop-block from Jindrak and it looked like it would be a big win for Jindrak & O’Haire until Chuck Palumbo appeared at ringside and in a big shock “accidentally on purpose” nailed O’Haire with a steel chair in the back off an Irish Whip. allowing Page to hit the Diamond Cutter for the 1-2-3!

(74/79/77)

**Our broadcast team were at a loss to explain the actions of Chuck Palumbo but it seemed like they wouldn’t have to as we were told there was “something happening backstage!” **

- “IT WAS MEANT TO BE ME AND YOU! NOT YOU AND HIM” -

Backstage Chuck Palumbo is being remonstrated by the rest of the Natural Born Thrillers over the “accidental” steel chair shot on Sean O’Haire moments ago.

Chuck Palumbo: Shut up all of you, it was an accident!

Sean O’Haire: That was no goddamn accident Chuck, I mean God! What the hell were you thinking hitting me with a freaking steel chair!

Chuck Palumbo: I wasn’t thinking! I wasn’t thinking! It was meant to be me and you! Not you and him! Me and you Sean, me and you versus The InSiders. Me and you with tag team gold around our waists, me and you leading the NBT to new heights of prosperity. But instead you’re joined at the waist to that jackass! Well what has it brought you Sean? What has it brought you apart from a whole lot of losses. Me and you Sean, we’re winners. Jindrak, he’s a loser!

Mark Jindrak: Hey!

Jindrak approaches Palumbo but he is held back by the rest of the NBT and this gives time for Palumbo to back off to the door and open it.

Chuck Palumbo: Think about it………

And with that, Chuck Palumbo exits the dressing room as Nitro heads to a commercial.

(56)

Chuck Palumbo lost overness from this segment.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK – THE NEW FORD ESCORT VAN….MORE SPACE THAN YOU COULD IMAGINE**

**Nitro returns to the air and Schiavone and Cappetta at ringside. Schiavone recaps the dissent in the ranks of the Natural Born Thrillers before mentioning that what just happened can’t have helped Mike Sanders’ mental preparation for his match against Booker T, and speak of the devil, here comes Sanders now!**

- CAN YOU DIG IT? -

Booker T vs. Mike Sanders

Our main event of the evening pitted the returning Booker T against the leader of the Natural Born Thrillers Mike Sanders. This was quite a jump for Sanders, from teaming with Kwee-Wee to the main event against Booker T and the transition didn’t go as smoothly as would have been hoped and expected as the two worked their way through an average match. Booker T showed some major signs of ring rust missing a scissors kick spot and slipping on the top rope looking for the Houston Hangover. Although Sanders wasn’t without fault either, taking a DDT poorly and endangering Booker T with a piledriver which didn’t connect properly. The crowd was enjoying it however and was the hottest it had been all night, although coming off Goldberg vs. Flair on Wednesday the crowd here looked more timid than it actually was. Mike Sanders got a couple of close falls in after a big Neckbreaker off the second rope and a Cross Body but in the end it was Booker T who got the victory with the Book End for the pinfall after 12 minutes. Booker T celebrated with the fans as we headed back to Schiavone and Cappetta.

(62/80/74)

**Schiavone and Cappetta hyped up Booker T and his chances of getting the win on Sunday night in the “Time Crisis” match before they received word that “Larry Zbysko is ready to name the next five participants for the “Time Crisis” match!” **

- ZBYSKO GIVES FIVE MORE THEIR CHANCE -

To close Nitro we’re backstage with Larry Zbysko, the WCW President. Again he is in his office and he is looking direct at the camera.

Larry Zbysko: Good evening to you, the fans of World Championship Wrestling. I have here the list of the second group of five to enter the “Time Crisis” match this Sunday night at Superbrawl Revenge. On Thunder I will announce another five, meaning that five of the entrants will be mystery entrants!

The crowd cheers at this out of courtesy, giving Zbysko a chance to remember his next line before continuing.

Larry Zbysko: Now without any further ado, the sixth man in the match at Superbrawl is a man who couldn’t possibly have been left out. A man who already this year has taken Scott Steiner to his limits, I am talking of course of…………………Sid.

Despite his losing streak this year being quite prominent the crowd cheers the inclusion of the big man Sid.

Larry Zbysko: The next entrant is a man who will feel comfortable in the Time Crisis, given a close family member will be there with him. Joining his father is…………Dustin Rhodes!

We get the split screen into the locker-room where Dustin Rhodes hugs his father and the two look happy to have an ally and a friend.

Larry Zbysko: The next man to be chosen is a man who has impressed me immensely in recent weeks, a man who apparently is better than all others………..Chris Kanyon!

In the locker-room Chris Kanyon celebrates by calling out “Who betta than Kanyon!?” to no-one in-particular.

Larry Zbysko: The remaining two are close friends and have been impressive these past few weeks, dominating all in their way, I am talking of………..Lance Storm…..and…..Mike Awesome!

At the back of the group stand Team Canada. There are no big celebrations from Team Canada, only a few handshakes as Storm and Awesome look extremely focused.

(72)

** ”It’s been an explosive night of wresting here on Nitro!” says Schiavone. ”We’ll see you all on Wednesday night for Thunder and Sunday night for Superbrawl Revenge!” and with that, Nitro heads off the air**

Overall Show Rating: 73%

We got a 5.28 rating for 'Nitro'!

The attendance level was 6918 people.

We made $172950 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 7.17 television rating for 'RAW'!

The event was attended by 8049 people.

They made $321960 from ticket sales.

Edited by ADGray

I liked the show, but like your "I Hate WCW" recaps better. I like the star ratings too.

LOVED the brawl between Goldberg/Steiner. Had the WCW feel to it and the sports entertainmentish feel with all the road agents and shitty wrestlers come out for the save. Best lines ever: "The locker room clears." When really only the shitty guy scome out. Anyway.......

Good show.

KJE

WCW THUNDER PREVIEW

We’re only 4 days away from WCW Superbrawl Revenge and tonight things reach breaking point! Not even the rest of the Magnificent Seven, half of the WCW locker-room, WCW officials and arena security could separate Scott Steiner and Goldberg on Monday Nitro, tonight the two will meet in the same ring! YES! Tonight on Thunder Goldberg teams with Booker T to take on The Steiner Brothers in tag team action!

On Nitro “The Franchise” Shane Douglas failed to make a statement in a failed attack on General Rection as the rest of the Misfits In Action came to the rescue of their ally. Tonight the MIA get a chance to help their General even more when they take on “The Franchise” & The Harris Boys in six man tag action!

On Nitro we saw a different side to Chuck Palumbo as he screamed at Sean O’Haire and the rest of the Natural Born Thrillers. Tonight Palumbo will take out his frustrations on Norman Smiley.

On Nitro, Shane Helms was destroyed by Justin Credible. Tonight Helms’ partner Shannon Moore looks for revenge when he faces Credible in the ring!

- Confirmed Matches -

Goldberg & Booker T vs. The Steiner Brothers

The Misfits in Action vs. Shane Douglas & The Harris Boys

Chuck Palumbo vs. Norman Smiley

Justin Credible vs. Shannon Moore

Air Paris vs. Yang

Guest UmpireAJS

There are some matches on Thunder with a potential to cross ***. I think its one of the best Thunder cards you have put together, The Main Event is going to get good reactions and the first three matches may just cross the *** threshold. MIA vs Shane Douglas/??? would've been okay but WHAT!!! YOU'VE GOT THE HARRIS BOYS IN THERE- Worst match of the night by far.

The Time Crisis thing is getting interesting day by day,I can't really wait to see what it is.

WCW THUNDER

WCW Thunder comes at you tonight on TBS from the Arena Auditorium in Laramie, Wyoming! Now let us join YOUR hosts for the evening, Mike Tenay and Gary Michael Cappetta!

**”Welcome to Thunder fans” says Mike Tenay with a smile on his face. A big show is lined up apparently and with “Goldberg and Scott Steiner in the same ring, TONIGHT!” we don’t want to change the channel**

- THE CRUISERWEIGHTS ARE BACK OPENING THE SHOW -

Air Paris vs. Yang

We opened Thunder with the cruiserweights back in their residency spot. This time though it was two cruiserweights under utilised by WCW and the fans as Air Paris took on Yang in an enjoyable 7 minute match which showcased the two to the best of their abilities. While some slip-ups were made and the two looked a bit wobbly at times their ability for their young age defies belief and given a few years these two, and others should be at a main event level in maturity, experience, ability, respect and attitude. After around a minute of high flying action Yang was caught on the top rope allowing Air Paris to nail a sweet Enziguri but the same move later in the match took a turn for the worse as Yang countered it into a beautiful, spine shattering Sit-out Powerbomb which got two before Paris got a shoulder up. Yang nailed a nice hurricanrana after around 4 minutes and Air Paris came back with a springboard arm-bar into a overhead single arm suplex for two at the 5.30 mark. As the end drew near Yang and Paris jostled for position on the top rope and Yang lost his footing, falling to the mat hard on his back. Paris tried to capitalise with a Corkscrew Splash but Yang got his knees up and then managed to nail a nice Diamond Dust off the second rope for the 1-2-3 win.

(83/42/55)

**”Well fans, a big win there for Yang against Air Paris and those two are just a number of young hungry stars we have here in WCW!” Tenay though is interrupted through his headset by a command that informs him to “send the action backstage!” **

- FUNK GIVES MOORE “THE TALK” -

Thunder goes backstage where Terry Funk is sitting with Shannon Moore. Funk has his hand on Moore’s shoulder. Up next Shannon Moore is taking on Justin Credible.

Terry Funk: Remember now kid, that Credible punk can beat you 1-2-3 just like that. Ya gotta keep your head up, stay one step ahead of him. Don’t get caught in a corner. Hit and move. He’s stronger than you, but you’re quicker. Don’t let your anger get to ya. I know what he said on Monday pissed ya off, but you gotta keep your head in the game kid, you let the rage take over he’ll win. That’s what he wants. Keep cool, and beat the hell out him, for your buddy Shane. You understand?

Shannon Moore looks up at the Funker and nods his head as Thunder heads to a commercial break.

(60)

**”Up after the break, Shannon Moore looks for revenge against Justin Credible, we’ll be right back!” Tenay tells us and Cappetta chirps in with a “don’t go away!” before we head to commercial**

**COMMERCIAL BREAK – THE PLAYSTATION TWO IS COMING………**

**”Well fans, can Shannon Moore get the job done? We’re about to find out, right here on Thunder!” and we’re to the ring for Moore vs. Credible**

- CREDIBLE IMPRESSES AGAIN -

Justin Credible vs. Shannon Moore

After the commercial break we headed to the ring for the match between WCW new boy Justin Credible and Shannon Moore – out looking for revenge for Shane Helms. In the early stages of this above average 10 minute match it looked as though Terry Funk’s advice to Shannon Moore had helped the youngster as he kept the upper hand, frustrating Credible with an offence of “get in, hit and get out” using dropkicks, hip-tosses, drop-toe holds, shoulder tackles and high risk manoeuvres. Unfortunately though, even though Credible was on the back foot for the opening few minutes, the shots he was getting in may not have been physical, but the damage his verbal taunts were doing were visible as the rage slowly built up in Shannon Moore until it reached boiling point after 5 minutes when a comment of “not doing the job well enough” tipped Moore over the edge and the smaller man unloaded with punches to the temple of Credible. Too bad then that his punches weren’t the strongest moves in his repertoire – even with the added anger added - and Credible absorbed the blows then used Moore’s rage against him continuing the mind games the entire time. Eventually Moore’s rage reached a level he couldn’t control and in a flash had grabbed Credible’s Singapore cane and was ready to use it. In the ensuing struggle over the cane between the referee (Billy Silverman) and Moore, Justin Credible saw his chance and nailed a low blow to Moore unseen by Silverman and a dazed Moore turned in a large circle straight into a That’s Incredible for the 1-2-3. After the bell Credible pulled something from the pocket of his trousers and it wasn’t until he had dragged Moore to his feet that the crowd and announcers realised what it was………….two pairs of handcuffs. Credible handcuffed Moore to the top rope by both wrists and grabbed the Singapore cane. Billy Silverman took a shot over the head with the cane as he protested and then Credible demanded a microphone from ringside, which he was given.

(72/62/60)

**”Oh this does NOT look good….” cries Cappetta but Credible interrupts and he shuts up**

- AN ULTIMATUM FOR FUNK -

With Shannon Moore handcuffed to the ring ropes, Justin Credible with a Singapore cane and a microphone and the referee unconscious, things don’t look good for our intrepid hero!

Justin Credible: Alright Funk! Your little pep talk with this fag backstage didn’t help him did it? Looks to me like he’s in a pretty bad way huh?

Shannon Moore has come round a little bit and looks at Justin Credible.

Justin Credible: Oh hey, look here though. Good news everybody! He’s alive! The faggot………….

Justin Credible gets nose to nose with the groggy Shannon Moore.

Justin Credible: ………is alive

Without a care in the world Credible brings the cane down across the skull of Shannon Moore, who recoils furiously.

Justin Credible: I really hate to do this Terry, I do. Shannon, well he’s not the kind of guy I’d want to have as a friend, but hey he’s young, and I really don’t have any quarrel with him. It’s you I have a problem with Terry but you’re just going to sit back there and watch……..

Credible brings the cane down across the temple of Moore again.

Justin Credible: ………me………

And again…..

Justin Credible: …..hit……..

And again……

Justin Credible: …………this…….

And again……

Justin Credible: …….kid…..

And again……

Justin Credible: …………over…….

And again……

Justin Credible: …………and…….

And again……

Justin Credible: …………over…….

And again……

Justin Credible: ………AGAIN?

Credible presses his forehead against the now profusely bleeding forehead of the unconscious Shannon Moore.

Justin Credible: Sorry kid, doesn’t look he cares now does it?

As if by magic the music of Terry Funk hits the speaker system. Credible turns to look at the entrance then turns back to Shannon Moore.

Justin Credible: Spoke to soon……

From behind the curtain walks Terry Funk, a bandage wrapped around his head from the attack on Monday night. He has a microphone in his hand.

Terry Funk: Credible you son of a bitch, let the kid go, he’s got nothing to do with this -

Justin Credible: He’s got everything to do with this Terry! He has everything to do with this. Hell whether he admits it or not, whether he likes it or not, deep down inside that heart of his, he probably feels the same way as I do. You can bet deep down he’s pissed off that he’s not getting the chances in life. He’s not getting the recognition that you’ve had. That he’s led like a lamb to a slaughter to fight me, while all you have to do is sit back there and watch. YOU THINK HE MIGHT NOT BE JUST A LITTLE ANGRY AT THAT?!?!?!

Terry Funk: Well I –

Justin Credible: Here’s the deal Funk! I don’t send this guy to the morgue, and in return, how about at Superbrawl Revenge it’s you and me in this ring?

Terry Funk: I’ve been waiting a whole month to beat your ass, I’ll gladly do it at Superbrawl!

Justin Credible: Goooooooood………oh and Terry?

Funk – who had dropped his head to look at the floor – snaps his head back up.

Justin Credible: I lied!

Credible again brings the Singapore cane down across the skull of Shannon Moore and this time the cane splits into two. Terry Funk runs to the ring but by the time he gets there Justin Credible has evacuated on the opposite side and is backing off. Funk checks on the limp carcass of Shannon Moore as Justin Credible backs up the aisle, a smile on his face.

(87)

**”We need to go to commercial fans, this is shocking…….” sobs Mike Tenay as we get one last look at the bloody face of Shannon Moore before being reminded of that horrible thingy……body odour**

**COMMERCIAL BREAK – HAVE YOU EVER FELT…….YOU KNOW……NOT SO FRESH? MITCHUM DEODORANT IS SO EFFECTIVE YOU COULD EVEN SKIP A DAY AND NOT REEK OF SWEAT!**

**”Well, fans, there are times in this job when….when you’re just lost for words and what, what we just saw, well that was, was one of those times.” Tenay and Cappetta argue over which of the two can find it more horrid, shocking, terrible, disgusting, sickening or shameful before Norman Smiley makes his way out to the ring**

- PALUMBO’S EXECUTIVE STRESS BALL OBVIOUSLY AIN’T WORKIN’ -

Chuck Palumbo vs. Norman Smiley

Following those shocking scenes WCW chose to tone it all down with Chuck Palumbo looking for weeks of frustration to be released against fan favourite Norman Smiley. How anyone can’t like Smiley is beyond me, but in this match Palumbo wasn’t feeling a whole lot of Smiley love as the NBT star took it to the Hardcore Jobber with everything he had in him. There weren’t any rest-holds or technical skills on show in this match, just pure unadulterated brawling which really got Palumbo over the more the match went on. Flying fists made way for bodyslams which made way for spinebusters and Samoan drops. A fallaway slam followed suit before a superplex and a Superkick found their spot on poor ol’ Norman Smiley. Schiavone and Cappetta didn’t quite know what to say as they watched Chuck Palumbo dismantle the vastly more experienced Smiley like he was a Worldwide jobber. After all this you’d be mistaken thinking that the finish wouldn’t have been impressive enough but Palumbo surprised us all with a sit-out spinebuster for the 1-2-3. Poor Smiley.

(75/67/63)

**”A new Chuck Palumbo here on Thunder and Norman Smiley is completely out of it.” says a sombre Mike Tenay who really hasn’t had much to cheer about tonight yet as we’ve seen a man take a temporary psychotic turn and Justin Credible show no emotion in a destruction of Shannon Moore who “has been taken to a local medical facility.” Then we head backstage to Larry Zbysko**

- THE FOLLOWING FIVE MEN ARE THE LUCKY ONES -

Away from the slaughter of Smiley we head to the office of WCW President Larry Zbysko, who now has the task of naming the last five men to have places in the “Time Crisis” match.

Larry Zbysko: Good evening ladies and gents. I’m not going to waste any of your time today as I know you are all as eager as I am to see the incredible action we have scheduled tonight, but first I have the task of announcing another five participants into the “Time Crisis” match. The first entrant is a man with a severe superiority complex, but nevertheless he is an excellent athlete. I am talking of………………Buff Bagwell!

Bagwell lets out a celebratory cheer in the locker-room.

Larry Zbysko: The next competitor…….well let me just say that somebody better call his mother, it is………………….The Cat!

“Somebody call ma momma!” says The Cat.

Larry Zbysko: The final three entrants all come from the same group of men, youngsters with bright futures…………Mike Sanders, Sean O’Haire and………………………Chuck Palumbo!

The NBT look around in disbelief as Chuck Palumbo comes through the door after his match.

Larry Zbysko: Good luck to all of the fifteen men.

(65)

- WHAT IT MEANS……. -

Thunder fades out of the announcement from Larry Zbysko into a video package entitled “What it means…”. Some slow, soft classical music plays in the background as the participants come up one at a time.

Booker T: Superbrawl Revenge, February 11th 2001. The “Time Crisis” match sucka. It means everything to Booker T. It means that the Booker man gets a shot at the WCW World Title, a title he should still have around his waist, and it means I get a chance at Scott Steiner or Goldberg, and I will take my shot. Now-can-you-dig-that? Suuuucckkkkaaaaa!

Sid: The “Time Crisis” match. Never been done, one of a kind, unique to WCW. 20 men will enter, 20 men get a shot, but now is MY time. To turn it all around, to turn my year about and get that WCW World Title around MY waist.

Dustin Rhodes: All through my life, I have lived in the shadow of my father, all my life I’ve had potential, but you can’t make a living off potential. At Superbrawl I stop living off my potential, I stop living in the shadows. I’ll come out into the light and grab that shot at the WCW World Championship.

Jeff Jarrett: Listen here slapnuts! The WCW World Title is the top belt in this sport today and but if it isn’t around the waist of “The Chosen One” then it ain’t worth squat! Now it may be my buddy who has that belt but even then, I’ll be out to take it from him!

Ric Flair: Whooooooooooooo….You know, everybody is talkin’ about the “Time Crisis” match. Everybody is talkin’ about the innovation involved. Well “The Nature Boy” has seen it all, and he’s done it all, but he ain’t done. It’s all about the gold, the money, the cars, the women, the Lear jets, the chaffeurs, the private parties, it means everything to Ric Flair. It’s a match where friendships don’t matter, “The Nature Boy” is out to win! Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dusty Rhodes: You know, everybody is talkin’ aboooooooouut the “Tiiiiiiimmme Crisis” match. Everybody is sayin’ hooooooooww it’s a big match, how aaaaalll the big stars are gonna be there. Well it ain’t com-plete, without the Amewican Dweam. Now we aaaaall on this spaceship and it hiiiiiiiiiggh up in the stratos-phere, who can stand the pressha? We about to find oooouuuttt.

Chris Kanyon: 4 days from now, Chris Kanyon will take what is his. The #1 contenders spot for the WCW World Title. Scott Steiner! Goldberg! Look out, cause I’m coming. Who betta than Kanyon? No one of course.

Lance Storm: If I could be serious for a moment, the “Time Crisis” match is the chance for Team Canada to shine. The chance for the lazy, uneducated Americans to have it proven to them once and for all that Canada is the greater of our two nations. This Sunday, Team Canada, in a show of solidarity, will be victorious.

(92)

**”The “Time Crisis” match means a lot to so many superstars” according to Mike Tenay but right now “strap yourselves in folks, we’ve got six man tag action right now!” **

- SIX MAN MELEE -

The MIA vs. Shane Douglas & The Harris Boys

Thunder headed back to the ring for the match featuring “The Franchise” Shane Douglas & The Harris Boys as they locked horns with The Misfits In Action and what a horrid encounter it was as the six men looked lost for the whole five minutes of action. This was largely due to the fact we got a lot of uninspired brawling from the Harris twins as they beat down Cajun all the time General Rection wanting to legally get his hands on “The Franchise”. Even after a double suplex went awry with Cajun landing on his stomach, The Harris Boys saw no reason to stop wrestling. Thankfully though before the crowd had graduated from throwing empty drinks cans to bottles of urine into the ring all hell broke loose among the six with the Harris Boys hitting everything and anything that moved, “The Franchise” running away from General Rection and Corporal Cajun and Sergeant A-WALL trying unsuccessfully to debut a new double team move. Among the confusion the referee took a minor tumble and therefore had no option but to call the match to a halt. The six men though couldn’t care less as they continued to brawl around ringside.

(60/59/53)

**”Fans, we have to go to the back where “Mean” Gene Okerlund is standing by!” screams Tenay into his headset to hide the lack of response from the crowd to the pier six brawl in front of them and we’re off**

- THE STEINER BROTHERS TALK THE TALK AND FIND IT HARD TO WALK AT ALL -

Backstage does indeed stand “Mean” Gene Okerlund in-front of the WCW Thunder banner and with him he has The Steiner Brothers, Rick and Scott.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: That is right thank you Mike Tenay, yes fans I am backstage with The Steiner Brothers, Rick and Scott and up next they step into the squared circle against Goldberg and Booker T ahead of Superbrawl Revenge this Sunday night where Scott Steiner defends his WCW World Heavyweight Title against Goldberg!

Scott Steiner: Listen here “Mean” Gene, all that crap you just said is only true if Goldberg makes it to Superbrawl! The only reason I agreed to this match tonight is to hurt Goldberg. To make him realise that on Sunday night he better stay away from that ring!

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Well if I remember rightly you’ve already tried to stop Goldberg with an assault before Sin and he pinned you in the middle of the ring 1-2-3 that very same night!

Scott Steiner: Well of course he pinned me Okerlund! He was fresh, I had been wrestling for 20 minutes…

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: You severely injured his knee!

Scott Steiner: We didn’t do anything, it’s a known fact in the locker room “Mean” Gene, that Goldberg fakes injuries. Hell he even did it when he played pro football!

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Wha..Wha…Are you….Are you trying to tell me that Goldberg faked his football injury?

Scott Steiner: Hey, it’s only a rumour, but don’t be surprised if Goldberg turns up to Superbrawl on Sunday, with a doctors note and a petted lip! Let’s get outta here!

The Steiners walk away as Thunder heads to a commercial for WCW Superbrawl Revenge.

(90)

Jeff Jarrett gained overness from this segment.

**WCW SUPERBRAWL REVENGE – STEINER vs. GOLDBERG! THE WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! ORDER IT NOW!**

**”It’s main event time here on Thunder and what a main event it is!” Tenay has gone from sombre and reflective to orgasmic in a heartbeat and is now hyper as is Gary Cappetta who assures us that we “don’t want to change stations because you won’t see anything like this ANYWHERE else!” **

- OH BLOODY HELL! -

Goldberg & Booker T vs. The Steiner Brothers

Our main event pitted Goldberg & Booker T against The Steiner Brothers in one of the worst matches seen this year. With only one out of four any use in the ring any more this match never was going to be anything special but for the first time this year both Steiners decided to not be team players and no-sell most of their opponents offence. Even a scissors kick from Booker T followed by a Spear from Goldberg didn’t faze Scott much as he rolled from the ring and took a deep breath on the outside before getting stuck back in. Booker T tried his hardest but carrying three men to a decent match when two won’t co-operate and the other is Goldberg is right up there with time travel. The crowd as well wasn’t very interested in the match barring the occasional “GOLD-BERG” chant. Eventually we got the usual clusterfuck ending before a PPV and in the confusion “that harlet Midajah” slid the WCW World Title into the ring and Steiner, S. laid out Goldberg with it for the 1-2-3. After the bell though before Rick and Scott could beat down Goldberg some more Booker T recovered from a nasty collision with the ring-post to chase The Steiners to the outside. Just as it looked like they were about to go at it again, the music of our gracious President began….

(34/74/54)

Scott Steiner didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating. Rick Steiner didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating.

**Tenay and Cappetta start to wonder why Larry Zbysko is out on the stage. It doesn’t occur to them that if they were to shut up they may just find out**

- “IT’S GOING TO HAPPEN MAKE NO MISTAKE, BUT IT’S GONNA HAPPEN STEINER……………………….” -

After his announcement earlier it seemed that Larry Zbysko’s involvement was over but now he came out onto the stage with a microphone…

Larry Zbysko: Alright, alright, alright, the four of you break it up! Scott Steiner, you are right, I don’t want you as the WCW World Champion, but you are NOT a living legend! I have made the task of retaining that belt you wear so proudly harder by making it possible for Goldberg to exclude the rest of your friends from ringside but just now I realised something. Even without Flair et al. by your side, you’ve still got that dirty, filthy prostitute you call a valet at ringside! So I’m going to exclude her from the equation as well. Now Scott Steiner versus Goldberg……it’s going to happen make no mistake, but it’s going to happen Steiner…………………………..IN A STEEL CAGE! YOU AND GOLDBERG, THIS SUNDAY, INSIDE A 15 FOOT HIGH STEEL CAGE!

Fans cheer wildly, Goldberg grins from ear to ear, Scott Steiner starts shaking his head in the classic heel “you can’t do that to me!” way and Larry Zbysko starts to nod his head to say ”Oh yes I can” as Thunder prepares to leave the airwaves.

(67)

**”Steiner and Goldberg! In a cage! It’s going to be off the chart! Join us Sunday night for Superbrawl Revenge!” yells Mike Tenay and Thunder leaves the air**

Overall Show Rating: 67%

We got a 4.74 rating for 'Thunder'!

The attendance level was 6900 people.

We made $172500 from ticket sales.

Edited by ADGray

user posted image

WCW SUPERBRAWL REVENGE - OFFICIAL PREVIEW

WCW “Time Crisis” Match featuring…..

Sid, Ric Flair, Booker T, Sting, Dustin Rhodes, Dusty Rhodes, Buff Bagwell, Jeff Jarrett, The Cat, Mike Awesome, Mike Sanders, Chris Kanyon, Lance Storm, Sean O’Haire, Chuck Palumbo and 5 mystery entrants!

WCW World Heavyweight Championship (Steel Cage Match)

Scott Steiner © vs. Goldberg

WCW World Tag Team Championships

The InSiders © vs. KroniK

WCW United States Championship

General Rection © vs. “The Franchise” Shane Douglas

WCW Hardcore Championship

Terry Funk © vs. Justin Credible

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Straight Outta Samoa

Edited by ADGray

Thunder was good, and I love how it will be a cage match. That will just drop the quality even more, won't it? :P

And I was a little confused about the Time Crisis stuff. How are those five lucky? Maybe I misread something, but I looked back three times. I just assume it's because they have time to prepare?

Anyways, looks good.

Kevin

WCW “Time Crisis” Match

Sid, Ric Flair, Booker T, Sting, Dustin Rhodes, Dusty Rhodes, Buff Bagwell, Jeff Jarrett, The Cat, Mike Awesome, Mike Sanders, Chris Kanyon, Lance Storm, Sean O’Haire, Chuck Palumbo and 5 mystery entrants!

Scott Steiner © vs. Goldberg - Goldberg is no fun with the belt.

The InSiders © vs. KroniK - Best to get the belt on a regular team, abeit a pretty awful one. The InSiders feel too much like Main Eventers to hold the belt,

The Diary of Andrew Duncan Gray

February 10th 2001

Turner Trouble

”Mr. Turner I know, believe me, I know but I really feel that…

”I don’t care what you feel Andrew, I do not want that kind of language on my stations.”

But Mr. Turner, I told him to go and..

”You told him to say those things?”

”Well I didn’t give him the words to say but I gave him jurisdiction to say them. I told him to go out and make an impact.”

”Andrew, I took the biggest risk of my life hiring you, but you had a reputation and god damnit I needed someone good. But from what I’ve seen I’m not impressed.”

”Sir with respect, the TV ratings say otherwise.”

”I don’t care about a minor, and let’s be honest here Andrew, a minor increase in ratings. Of course ratings are going up, have you watched JAG recently? It’s trash.”

This wasn’t going so good…………..

”I run a tight ship Andrew. Now I laid out boundaries for Herd, I laid out boundaries for Bischoff and I laid out boundaries for Russo, and they didn’t cross ‘em!”

”I wasn’t aware I had sir, I apologise.”

”Apologising is cheap Andrew, actions speak louder than words. I want you to punish this man for his foul mouth.”

”But sir!”

When I’d picked up the phone I had expected a “well done”. Not this.

”Don’t you even try to plead a case Andrew, now I don’t know the standard way to punish a guy but he is to be punished.”

”But he’s scheduled for the pay per view tomorrow night!”

”Perfect!”

Now I was confused……..

”I don’t follow sir.”

”The pay per view will be a perfect stage to show him up!”

”But sir it’ll ruin a major angle!”

”Son you signed this guy, I’m paying his salary. If I want him punished, he’ll be punished!”

”Sir this is a big money angle…..”

”I’m aware it’s big money! I’m paying these guys remember. $10,000,000 a month for this!”

One thing about Ted Turner is even when he’s on the phone he thinks he’s face to face and right now I knew he was holding up a folder of financial reports and waving it about. No doubt any second…..

”Damn it!”

……..he’ll knock over his cup of coffee over his computer.

”Are you okay sir?”

I actually hoped he’d stained his suit and had to go.

”I’m fine. As I was saying, ten million dollars for this company!”

”Well sir it’s an expensive business.”

”Expensive nothin’, you’re working on a shoe-string from now on. No more of my money is going into this company.”

Oh yeah and it was pouring in all of last month…….

”Sir, for the first time in over 18 months our monthly financial breakdown shows a profit.”

”You better hope you keep those profits coming in Andrew!”

”Why?”

”Because it’s all you’re gonna have to use. I was going to empty ANOTHER bank account into your hands but I’ve decided against it.”

Before he could empty “another” bank account to me he had to empty a first. Which he hadn’t done. I didn’t point this out.

”But sir, we’ve got about $100,000 at the most. How can I run a promotion with that?”

”You’ve done it before Andrew-

”With small regional promotions, not an international company! $100,000 won’t even pay Kevin Nash for this month!”

”I don’t care Andrew, you work with what you make. No more of my money is going into that black hole you call a wrasslin’ company until I see some money back, now good day!”

He hung up……

”YOU SON OF A BITCH!”

I pressed the intercom button.

”Sophie, can you come in here please?”

What had started as a simple request to punish one man had soon turned into me losing the promotion its one safety net. A pay per view tomorrow night, and no funding. How is this going to work?

Edited by ADGray

I think you giving O'Haire the win now would be rushed but he definitely deserved a main event push and would have got it if WCW had stayed in business. Take a gamble and give him the run now.

Goldberg's so much better than people give him credit for and he spawned dozens of cheap immitations in the WWE. Brockberg, Heidenberg, Batistaberg etc etc etc. Plus Steiner sucks. He's got no charisma, gets over excited and stutters through his promos and since putting on the bulk has no fitness and works dull matches. At least Goldberg has a decent look and some real credible intensity.

I love the Insiders as tag champs, largely because it keeps Nash away from the World title picture. I wouldn't buy a Kronik win even though I actually quite like Kronik.

Rection was really over in WCW, well as over as being over in WCW at that point meant. which wasn't a lot seein as buy rates were about 0.11. Anyway, Rection could talk really well and worked decent matches back then. I like the Franchise, and at this point he was still one of, and is still one of the best talkers around but in the ring he's looking shoddy.

Not a big fan of anything Funk was doing around this period and despite loving his earlier stuff I wish he'd retired years ago. That said I also think Credible offers absolutely nothing. Terrible talker, no charism, horrible look, nothing special in the ring. Very very average. Funk to go over hopefully, and in the process break Credible's neck to get him out of this diary.

any sort of clean Rey win would be totally unrealistic and I just couldn't buy into it. I'm going for Samoa simply because they rule and I love the way you've pushed them so far.