World Championship Wrestling - 2001

ADG

WCW MONDAY NITRO

WCW Monday Nitro is coming at you tonight live from the Humphrey Coliseum on the Mississippi State campus. Now join your announce team for the night, everyone’s favourite Tony Schiavone and the man you’d love to take home to your parents Gary Michael Cappetta!

- BAM BAM OWNS YOUR SOUL! -

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Ernest “The Cat” Miller

Monday Nitro opened with Bam Bam Bigelow and Ernest “The Cat” Miller in a quick 3 minute squash match which finished Miller’s WCW career off for good. From a man they had big plans for to a man being beaten left, right and centre. Don’t let it be said Andrew Gray doesn’t make an impact. Both men looked their usual selves with Bigelow getting the win with the Swandive Headbutt for the 1-2-3 after 3.14. Somehow I think Ernest will be sent to Montana soon.

(61/64/63)

The Cat lost overness from this match. Bam Bam Bigelow gained overness from this match.

- QUICK! SWITCH OFF RAW, THIS IS MUCH BETTER -

Lance Storm & Elix Skipper vs. Shane Helms & Shannon Moore

Nitro rolled along from ruining one mans career to assisting four in blasting off into the stratusphere as Lance Storm & Elix Skipper took on Shane Helms & Shannon Moore in a match given plenty of time as the four went for a good 17 minutes, going through a commercial break as well. The four brought a little of everything to the table, seamlessly switching from technical mat based wrestling to high flying around the ring and even resorting to good old slugfests to entertain the crowd, who did get into it a little as they went along. The match was filled with highlights with a Plancha over the top to both Canadians by Helms and a Double Superplex off the top rope rolled through into a Double Armbar by Storm and Skipper on Moore particularly memorable. As the four went on the slowed down slightly, with Moore playing isolated face for a few minutes leading up to the end which saw Helms get tagged in and go crazy on both Canadians but an attempt at a crucifix pin was countered into a Samoan Drop and Storm managed to lock in the Cloverleaf for the submission as Moore tried to break free of Skipper. WCW went to commercial with all four men still in the ring.

(92/68/80)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- I GOT A NOTE FROM MY MOMMY! -

Nitro returns from commercial to the office of WCW President Larry Zbysko. He is working on some papers when there is a knock at the door.

Larry Zbysko: Come in.

The door swings open and Chavo Guerrero Jr. enters, flanked by Straight Outta Samoa. Behind the huge frames of Ekmo and Kimo, Stacy Kiebler can be seen.

Stacy Kiebler: I’m sorry sir I couldn’t stop them.

Larry Zbysko: That’s okay Stacy you can go.

Chavo Guerrero Jr: Listen here Zbysko essé, I heard what you decided holmes and I ain’t happy with it. Me and Rey Misterio Jr. at Greed? Uh-uh, not gonna happen holmes. I got a note-

Larry Zbysko: If it’s from your mommy I’m not interested.

Chavo Guerrero Jr: Ha ha ha. It ain’t from my mama cita holmes, it’s from a doctor, and it says I can’t wrestle at Greed, because and I quote from the letter essé; “Mr. Guerrero’s eye is not fully healed and any aggravation for the next month could do serious damage.”

Larry Zbysko: Can I see that?

Chavo begrudginly hands over the note.

Larry Zbysko: Well I like how he’s signed it Doctor……………………Kimo, then scored that out and put “Johnson”. You wanna know what I think of this note?

Zbysko holds the note up high in the air, and tears it in two!

Larry Zbysko: You’re going to face Rey Misterio Jr. at Greed, and that’s final! There is only one way out of it Chavo.

Chavo Guerrero Jr: What’s that?

Larry Zbysko: Your resignation from this company.

Chavo steps back in shock before developing a smirk across his face.

Chavo Guerrero Jr: No deal.

Larry Zbysko: Well that’s a shame Chavo but, hey wait a-!

Zbysko doesn’t get to shout for help as SOS move forward and grab the President by the shoulders. Ekmo and Kimo haul Zbysko to his feet and throw him back into the wall before he’s thrown acorss the room to the floor. Kimo sweeps everything off the desk that Zbysko was sitting at and Ekmo slams him across it before the camera is knocked away by Chavo and the feed goes static before returning to the ring.

(75)

- RECTION GETS DISCHARGED -

Sean O’Haire vs. General Rection

Nitro continued along its merry path with the destruction of a second career for the evening as Sean O’Haire dismantled and destroyed General Rection in a little over 8 minutes. This must all seem very strange for the casual WCW fan who is switching on for the first time since December as “The Cat” and General Rection both elicit no response from crowds whereas previously they had been over. This is indeed odd as Rection didn’t even get in much offence here as O’Haire used the match as “an example of what he’ll do to Chuck Palumbo”. Gotta love how the announcers know these things. In the end O’Haire got the win with the Seanton Bomb for the 1-2-3. O’Haire celebrated in the ring as Nitro went to a commercial.

(68/70/69)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- FLAIR AND STING – THEY MEET AGAIN -

Nitro returns from commercial and plays a vignette hyping tonights main event of Ric Flair versus Sting. We see various clips of the two coming down the aisle in all their splendour before cutting to clips of them facing each other. We see clips from the very first Clash of the Champions, from Sting’s title win at GAB 1990, through various more matches (including house show footage) up to the 27th Clash and the unification match. We spiral on with Flair turning on Sting to reform the 4 Horsemen and it continues all the way up to and including the “Time Crisis” match where Flair pinned Sting. The video ends with the words “FLAIR vs. STING – THEY MEET AGAIN”

(93)

- THE UNITED STATES TITLE MEANS A LOT TO MANY PEOPLE -

Nitro comes back to the arena following the vignette to the ring where “The Franchise” Shane Douglas is already in the ring with a microphone.

Shane Douglas: Last week, business between me and Curt Hennig was interrupted by Jerry Lynn who stole my WCW United States Championship belt!. I want both of those men out here right now so we can settle this. It’s obvious you both want my gold, so get your asses down to this ring and we can work something out.

The first music to hit is that of Curt Hennig who comes out onto the stage with a microphone of his own. He accepts the crowds cheers before speaking.

Curt Hennig: Shane Douglas, you’re right. Last week was about you…….and me. Nowhere in the equation did Jerry Lynn fit in and as far as I’m concerned, even now, Jerry Lynn doesn’t fit into this equation. It’s about “The Franchise” and Curt Hennig, it’s about the two of us. So how about we erase Jerry Lynn from this whole picture? He may have the belt but he isn’t the champion. In fact, how about we make the match right now? “The Franchise” Shane Douglas versus Curt Hennig for the WCW United States Championship and how about we make it for right here tonight in Mississippi!

The crowd cheers their approval of this challenge but they’re soon silenced as Jerry Lynn comes roaring from the back with a steel chair shot to Curt Hennig and Hennig takes a tumble, rolling down the rampway towards the ring. Lynn drops the steel chair on the ramp and follows Hennig down the ramp. Hennig rolls into the ring and is caught between a rock and a hard place as Lynn follows him in. Hennig is sandwiched between Douglas and Lynn and they move in for the kill. Lynn swings with the title belt but Hennig ducks and Lynn gets caught with a big punch by Shane Douglas! Hennig and Douglas start to scuffle on the mat, each looking for supremacy. They are so absorbed in their own struggle they don’t notice the music of Mike Awesome hitting the PA system and the big man making his way to the ring. Awesome steps over the top rope into the ring and pulls Douglas and Hennig apart. Douglas is thrown into the corner while Hennig tastes an Awesome Bomb! Jerry Lynn is back to his feet and he gets a Spinebuster for his troubles. “The Franchise” though has grabbed the title belt and is measuring the big man. Douglas makes his attack but Awesome meets him with a boot to the face and Shane Douglas is Gorilla Pressed to the outside. Mike Awesome grabs the US Title and poses with it as Nitro goes to commercial.

(66)

Jerry Lynn debuted his new gimmick (No Gimmick Needed), it got a positive response.

*COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- GET INTO THE RING DAD! I’LL BEAT YOU LIKE YOU DID MOM -

Dustin Rhodes vs. Sid

After we’d been given another reason to enjoy the US Title Division and another reason why Huggies are better than Pampers, WCW saw fit to ruin all our enthusiasm for the promotion by giving us a Sid match as he faced Dustin Rhodes in a 10 minute match which relied too heavily on the basics of wrestling to get by. Rhodes tried a couple of nice things but they fell flat on their face due to Sid’s incompetence, although perhaps Sid gets too much criticism as he did sell for Rhodes here which he really didn’t need to. The two kept to the format laid out for them until first Dusty Rhodes appeared at ringside distracting his son before Chris Kanyon levelled the odds distracting Sid. It was Kanyon who had the greater impact, distracting Sid long enough for Dustin Rhodes to recover from a Chokeslam caused by the distraction by Dusty Rhodes and Dustin managed to get a roll-up with a handful of tights for the 1-2-3. After the match Kanyon and Rhodes started to beat down Sid but Dusty rolled into the ring, going for Kanyon. “The Dream” though was held up by his son who insisted that he hit him, Dusty refused to do this and Dustin Rhodes slapped him. Sid was thrown from the ring and Dusty Rhodes backed out to help him.

(65/81/76)

Dustin Rhodes is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

- I’VE MADE MISTAKES IN MY LIFE, AND I’VE PAID MY DEBT TO SOCIETY FOR THEM, NOW OTHERS WILL LEARN WHAT I HAVE LEARNED AND I WILL BE THEIR TEACHER -

A poorly produced hype vignette airs hyping the arrival of a new WCW worker Nathan Jones. The scene is dark, in a chapel, lit candles follow the aisleway up the middle of the chapel. The camera heads up this aisle until it reaches the pulpit, where Nathan Jones sits, his head covered by a hooded, sleeveless jacket. He is looking at the floor but as the camera steadies he raises his head and blows out the candle next to him.

Nathan Jones: Ten years……………….Ten long and hard years……………For doing what others have done………….Yet the others that I speak of aren’t punished for what they do…………..Massive crowds come and watch……..They cheer and they boo………They laugh and the cry……..The applaud and the gesture………..They are entertained by the spectacle. Yet I find it difficult to understand, how, how in a ring, everything is perfectly legal, yet you do the same in the street and you’re arrested. You’re arrested and you spend TEN years atoning for your sins. If a man kills in battle, he is called a hero. He is given a medal and a parade. He can live out the rest of his days safe in the knowledge he has done his country right, but you do the same thing, in a street, even in self defence, and you spend the next ten years of your life, locked in a cell.

Jones drops from the pulpit as the camera draws back. He picks up two cnadle snufers, one in each hand and begins to walk down the aisle. As he walks and talks, he is extinguishing the candles lining the aisle two at a time.

Nathan Jones: I’ve made mistakes in my life and I’ve paid my debt to society for them. Now others will learn what I have learned………..I will be their teacher. World…………..Championship………..Wrestling, you are about to be judged, by Nathan Jones.

(50)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- THE TWO BRING THE GOODS ONCE AGAIN -

Ric Flair vs. Sting

Nitro put on its best main event of the year to end the show as Ric Flair once again stepped into the ring against his best opponent Sting in a well paced 15 minute match which showed that both of these guys can still go much better than half the roster. The in-ring work wasn’t perfect but it was more than good enough to get by and the crowd were at a fever pitch throughout being taken on an emotional rollercoaster from booing Flair for sneaky heel tactics to whooing back to his “whooooo”, to cheering when Sting fought back and he howled eventually raising the roof with the Flair Flop. Flair though came back and took control again, and Sting came back again as the constant game of “you chop me, I chop you harder” got more and more intense. Flair got a close fall with a Cross-Body off the top rope but unlike at Superbrawl this time Sting managed to kick out before the three. Sting nailed the Stinger Splash which got two and both men also locked in their finishers but neither man would quit. Yet by now the two were tipping the 13 minute mark and as the rules of television state to always leave the fans wanting more the two made their way to the finish which saw Sting miss a Stinger Splash and get rolled-up by Flair who had his feet on the ropes for the 1-2-3! Following the bell Flair celebrated with his WCW Tag Team Title as Sting remonstrated with the referee. Then The Magnificent Seven made their way to the ring, beating Sting a little before tossing him out the ring and all hugging Ric Flair, with Scott Steiner the last to do so.

(75/96/89)

- NO! NO! STOP IT! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP THE MADNESS! NO! -

All the Magnificent Seven are celebrating in the ring and Scott Steiner has a microphone in his hand. The World Title is over his shoulder, the Tag belt over his shoulder. Flair is handed his Tag Title by Jeff Jarrett and he accepts it graciously. On the outside Sting is lying motionless.

Scott Steiner: You all saw it here tonight again. We rule this company. The Magnificent Seven, the best this business has to offer. The most prestigious belt in the world, the tightest unit in the world. All for one, and one for all.

A few “that’s right” responses come from Rick Steiner and Buff Bagwell.

Scott Steiner: Tonight, “The Nature Boy” once again pinned Sting in this ring. You people have no effect on the Magnificent Seven. Sting has no effect on the Magnificent Seven and even Larry Zbysko – in all his glory – has no effect on the Magnificent Seven! Ric Flair, if it has to happen, I just want to say, it will be an honour to face you in the ring.

Steiner stretches his hand out for a handshake and Ric Flair doesn’t hesitate to take it, believing this to be a show of friendship but Scott Steiner nails Flair with a short arm clothesline and the crowd go silent. Steiner turns back to his M7 teammates.

Scott Steiner: You’re either with me or against me! WHICH IS IT GONNA BE?!?!?!?!

After a few seconds of confused looks Rick Steiner steps forward and levels Ric Flair right between the eyes as he tries to pull himself up to his feet. Flair falls back to the mat and Animal, Bagwell and Luger join the beating, putting the boots to “The Nature Boy”. Jeff Jarrett watches on before he shouts at Steiner. The microphones pick them up slightly and we hear that Jarrett is telling Steiner to call off the rest but Steiner says “we need to do this, he’s a threat!” Schiavone and Cappetta are going crazy as the beating continues and Scott Steiner laughs evilly. Jarrett is handed his guitar by Midajah and Flair is held up by Luger and Bagwell for the guitar shot. Jarrett looks at the guitar, then takes a long look out at the crowd. He looks at Scott Steiner and looks at the groggy and now bleeding Ric Flair. Jarrett looks out at the crowd again who are begging him to nail Steiner and Jarrett develops a smile across his face. “The Chosen One” arches back and nails Ric Flair right over the head, the guitar smashing into a million pieces in a cloud of dust! Flair slumps back to the mat out of it as The Magnificent Six(?) start to all laugh but The InSiders charge the ring and slide in. DDP and Nash take it to the Six, with Luger and Bagwell taking boots from Nash and Animal taking a clothesline from Page, but Rick Steiner thinks quickly with a chop block to Nash and Page is nailed with the Tag Title belt by Scott Steiner. Animal rolls back into the ring as the Six swarm over Flair, Nash and Page with kicks but Sting is to his feet on the outside and he rolls into the ring and goes after Scott Steiner! Sting tackles Steiner to the ground and starts to pound away but Rick Steiner pulls him off and gets a right hook for his troubles. Totally Buff pounce on Sting from behind but Nash is back up and Bagwell goes for the ride over the top courtesy of a big clothesline. Luger joins him on the outside as he’s backdropped by Sting. DDP is back to his feet and he knocks Jarrett to the outside with a right hand and Rick Steiner and Animal tumble out after him. Scott Steiner is all alone in the ring now! The champion is surrounded by Sting, Nash and Page as “The Nature Boy” comes too. Steiner bails from the ring before Nash can grab him and the M6 retreat to the aisleway with Midajah, Steiner pointing at Flair the whole time. Flair is helped to his feet by Sting and The InSiders and Nitro goes off the air with a handshake between Ric Flair, the blood pouring from the wound on his head, and Sting, facepaint virtually gone, an image which will last for as long as professional wrestling does.

(86)

Jeff Jarrett gained overness from this segment. Lex Luger gained overness from this segment. Ric Flair’s turn is completed and he is now a face. Ric Flair gained overness from this turn.

Overall Show Rating: 79%

We got a 5.44 rating for 'Monday Nitro'!

The attendance level was 8282 people.

We made $207050 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 7.18 television rating for 'RAW'!

The event was attended by 9009 people.

They made $360360 from ticket sales.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathan Jones? <_<

Good luck with that. The guy's the worst worker I've ever seen...and I've seen Kevin Nash in action.

Only thing Jones ever had going for him was an uncanny ability to make anyone who stood next to him look good. It worked wonders for Matt Morgan. :)

THUNDER PREVIEW

The shock felt by all here in WCW was enormous on Monday night as Scott Steiner left his tag team partner and friend Ric Flair lying in a pool of his own blood in the middle of the ring. Were it not for the quick actions of Sting and The InSiders who knows what would have happened. Tonight on Thunder we look for an explanation from Scott Steiner but first he’s got a massive match tonight as Booker T steps up to face the champion. We haven’t heard much of Booker T this year but he’s ready, willing and able to defeat the champion tonight. And what does this mean for the WCW Tag Team Championships?

As well as that huge main event the US Title scene is forever hotting up as Mike Awesome has now come in and staked a claim to the WCW United States Championship match as he destroyed both Curt Hennig and Jerry Lynn on Nitro. Tonight in triple threat action it is Mike Awesome going up against Curt Hennig and Jerry Lynn. The winner must have a big advantage in the race for a shot at the US Title.

Also tonight Justin Credible will return to competitive action as he goes one on one with The British Bulldog, and Terry Funk will be on special guest commentary for the match!

On Nitro we saw Chavo Guerrero Jr. present Larry Zbysko with a doctor’s note, exempting him from wrestling. But he didn’t get the response he was hoping for when Zbysko tore the note up and told Chavo that he will face Rey Misterio Jr. at Greed and there was no way he was getting out of it! Straight Outta Samoa reacted to this by attacking Larry Zbysko and sending him to the hospital. We are without our WCW President tonight. Can his PA Stacy Kiebler keep things running smoothly or will it all degenerate into madness? Tonight Chavo faces Air Paris. What will happen there?

The recoveries of Billy Kidman and Konnan are coming along well. Tonight we’ll get an update on their conditions.

- Confirmed Matches

Scott Steiner vs. Booker T

Mike Awesome vs. Curt Hennig vs. Jerry Lynn

Justin Credible vs. The British Bulldog

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Air Paris

Chuck Palumbo vs. Alex Wright

Edited by ADGray

• 2 weeks later...

WCW THUNDER

WCW Thunder comes at you from the Beard Eaves Coliseum in Auburn, Alabama. (Go Tigers!) Now please welcome your hosts, Mike Tenay and Gary Michael Cappetta.

- WHAT’S HIS NAME? PA-LUM-BO! WHOO SAY IT AGAIN! -

Chuck Palumbo vs. Alex Wright

As Thunder came to air Alex Wright was already in the ring, not even getting an entrance. His opponent though, Chuck Palumbo did get an entrance, so no prizes for guessing who won the match. Palumbo though is competent enough and he showed it he as he and “Das Wunderkid” went through an average 8 minute routine with Palumbo in constant control, it all culminating in a Jungle Kick from Palumbo for the 1-2-3. After the bell Palumbo again evaded the attacks of the Natural Born Thrillers as he escaped from the clutches of the entire group by darting through the crowd to safety as WCW went to a commercial break.

(70/63/66)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- WAIT A SEC……THE CRUISERWEIGHTS AREN’T OPENING THE SHOW? *FAINTS* -

Chavo Guerrero Jr. (w/ SOS) vs. Air Paris (w/ AJ Styles)

Thunder came back from commercial for RED HOT CRUISERWEIGHT ACTION (yeah I’m not as good at it all as Maskell) as Chavo Guerrero Jr. was his usual super-evil self as he faced off against Air Paris in a quick 4 minute match which got into a nice tit-for-tat spot-fest within 30 seconds but just as the two were really getting going we got the end as Straight Outta Samoa distracted the referee allowing Chavo to nail Paris with his Cruiserweight Title and cover for the 1-2-3. Chavo not wanting to spend any more time than absolutely necessary in the ring. Wouldn’t want to aggravate the eye injury would we? S.O.S came into the ring after the bell and destroyed Paris and Styles with Spinebusters before Chavo took a microphone to talk.

(83/52/67)

- KIEBLER SHOWS HER CHARISMA AND A LOT OF FLESH -

Chavo stands in the centre of the ring, flanked by Ekmo and Kimo.

Chavo Guerrero Jr: So Larry Zbysko, is now in hospital, resting his tired little head, because he defied the WCW Cruiserweight Champion. At Greed, I have to face Rey Misterio Jr. with my title on the line essé? That’s cool, because I get to complete the set holmes. Kidman, Konnan……..Misterio. You can join your little buddies on the injured list holmes. I’ve warned you before, when you mess with my title, you play a dangerous game Misterio and-

Chavo is cut off by the music of Stacy Kiebler who comes out onto the ramp, microphone in hand. She is wearing a short business suit leaving little below the waist to the imagination.

Stacy Kiebler: Chavo Guerrero Jr! What you did to Larry Zbysko was disgusting and I for one, am not going to stand for it! Now I know you’re probably thinking I’m some ditzy blonde without a thought in her head, let alone an original one, but you’d be wrong. Here’s a thought for you Chavo, at Greed you’re facing Rey Misterio Jr. for the Cruiserweight Title, and here is my addition. You see, I know you’ll try to cheat, I know you might even walk out and keep your title that way, not gonna happen Chavo! By the power invested in me by Larry Zbysko I am making Chavo Guerrero versus Rey Misterio at Greed………….A LADDER MATCH!

Thunder heads to a commercial break with Chavo fuming and the crowd cheering. Chavo vs. Misterio in a ladder match!

(79)

Stacy Keibler gained overness from this segment.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- THEY BE A CLUBBERIN’!!!!! -

Justin Credible vs. The British Bulldog

Thunder looked to keep the momentum going as Justin Credible took on and defeated The British Bulldog in a match which featured the special guest commentary of Terry Funk. Unfortunately the two never managed to find a rhythm they felt comfortable with and ambled their way through the 10 minutes they were scheduled for alternating between The Bulldog’s slow, methodical power-based arsenal and Credible’s more up-tempo brawling based moves. All this meant that the crowd could never connect fully with the two and even Credible being press-slammed over the top to the floor in the matches one big highlight didn’t get the response hoped for, neither did Credible spitting in the face of Funk before heading back into the ring. The two wibbled and wobbled their way to the finish which saw Credible duck a clothesline from Bulldog, connect with a kick to the gut and nail a poor That’s Incredible for the 1-2-3. Credible and Funk had a dramatic staredown as Thunder went to a vignette.

(67/71/69)

- OH ME ANKLE! IT HURTS! OWEE! -

As Generic Rock Song #472 plays in the background we see Billy Kidman and Konnan sitting in a doctors office. They’re looking at x-rays on a light-board. The camera zooms in on the x-rays until it becomes fuzzy and the scene changes to Billy Kidman hobbling about on crutches. A voiceover begins……

Billy Kidman: When, when the chair hit my ankle, I knew immediately something was broken, I knew right away that everything wasn’t alright. How someone could do what Chavo Guerrero did and be proud of it, it makes no sense.

The music changes to a more orchestral piece with an angelic voice in the background.

Konnan: Oralé vato, what he did was wrong man. My ankle is messed up man, I can’t walk on it, it makes it hard to even do easy things man. I can’t even play with my kids right now essé.

The scene changes to Konnan hobbling about on crutches before we see the two in a handshake as friends.

Billy Kidman: But we vowed to get better…..

The rock music is back as we see Kidman and Konnan struggling to walk without crutches, doing some basic exercises, and lifting small weights with their feet.

Billy Kidman: When Rey beat S.O.S at Superbrawl I was happy, but what happened afterwards, I thought it could have ended my career….

We see Kidman in a hospital bed, shaking hands with a doctor who has just entered. We see some more exercises that the two have gone through before we jump into the doctors office from the beginning again.

Doctor: You should be back in the ring in 3 weeks. Three weeks from now, you’ll be right as rain.

Billy Kidman: When I heard we’d be back within three weeks, it was a great relief…………….I’m not sure what’s on the cards next for the Filthy Animals…….

Konnan: Getting back into the ring, the Animals gonna kick some major league ass oralé!

Billy Kidman: ………guess we’ll just wait and see……

A second friendship handshake between the two as Thunder goes to commercial.

(83)

Konnan gained overness from this segment.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- AH HA HA! I AM “THE FRANCHISE” AND I’M SUPER SMART -

Mike Awesome vs. Curt Hennig vs. Jerry Lynn

Thunder returned from commercial to bring us all a triple threat match between the three men who have staked a claim to the WCW United States Championship in Mike Awesome, Curt Hennig and Jerry Lynn. Throughout the match we got split screen aciton to see “The Franchise” Shane Douglas watching backstage on the monitor as he watched what was a very entertaining match with Mike Awesome in control for the most part with Hennig and Lynn working together to defeat the big man. Of course it wasn’t going to work and Hennig and Lynn went at it after disagreeing on who should pin Awesome and any and all possible alliances went out the window. Awesome looked for help from Lance Storm & Elix Skipper but Hennig and Lynn stopped them from interfering before they were ejected from ringside. Again we checked backstage on the champion but he had disappeared and after a minute of Tenay and Cappetta wondering where he’d got to we found out as Shane Douglas appeared from the crowd, steel chair in hand and he laid out all three men with chair shots prompting a NO CONTEST ruling. As Thunder went to commercial Douglas posed in the ring.

(84/72/78)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- “BIG POPPA CHUMP” IS GOIN’ DOWN, NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT? SUCKAAAAAAA! -

WCW Thunder returns from commercial to the flaring nostrils of Booker T. He is with “The Roving Reporter” Scott Hudson backstage.

Scott Hudson: We are fast approaching tonight’s main event involving this man to my right, former four time WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T and Booker, tonight in the ring you face the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner.

Booker T: “Big Poppa Pump”? More like “Big Poppa Chump”! But you are right Scott Hudson, I am a four time WCW Champion. I’m not a flash in the pan, I’m not a guy who has had a couple of lucky breaks. I have worked my ass off for 15 years to do this at the level I do. Now 2001, it hasn’t been a great year for Booker T. I haven’t done much, but I’m gonna make a big impression tonight, when I defeat the champ. “Big Poppa Chump”! Tonight, you’re goin’ down! Now-can-you-dig-that....................SUCKAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

(94)

-AND NOW “BIG POPPA CHUMP” WITH A REBUTTAL -

The camera cuts away from Booker T for an immediate rebuttal from “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner who was in the company of “Mean” Gene Okerlund.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Well I think Booker T has made his thoughts on the World Heavyweight Champion very clear and indeed Scott Steiner has joined me now and-

Scott Steiner: Shut your noisehole “Mean” Gene, nobody came here tonight to here you yap on about how unfair it is your short, bald and impotent! They came here to see me and tonight I got Booker T in the ring, one on one, non-title of course.

“Mean” Gene Okerlund: Oh now it’s only non-title because the #1 contender is “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair-

Scott Steiner: Does anybody really care about that old washed up has-been anymore? He keeps saying he’s “The Nature Boy” but your generation passed the world by a long time ago Flair. I’m the Nature Boy for the new generation! Tonight I’m gonna prove it, when I beat Booker T in that ring, then Flair, you’re just an eventuality!

The “word a day” calender helping out “Big Poppa Pump” with that promo as Thunder heads to commercial.

(81)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- I CAN DIG IT! -

Scott Steiner vs. Booker T

Thunder reached “main event time” as the WCW World Heavyweight Champion “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner took on Booker T in a non-title match. Steiner had no need to look over his shoulder tonight as Ric Flair wasn’t in attendance following Nitro. Still the champ had his hands full with Booker T, who while he hasn’t been involved much on TV since the new year showed he hadn’t acquired any ring rust grabbing Steiner by the nads and pulling him to a decent match. Both men sold for the other and worked the crowd extremely well with Steiner turning his usual cocky and arrogant demeanour up a few notches, proclaiming at every available opportunity that he was the “New Generation’s Nature Boy” and doing the Flair strut and “Whooooo!”. Booker T though wasn’t about to be ignored and kept his attacks coming, unfortunately the numbers game caught up to Booker T and after interference from Midajah AND Rick Steiner, Booker T was nailed with a Fallaway Slam for the 1-2-3. After the bell a beatdown ensued with the Steiners taking it to Booker T until Sting charged to the ring, bat in hand and The Steiners retreated to the aisle before the music of Stacy Kiebler started.

(65/94/85)

- STACY EMBRACES HER NEW FOUND POWERS -

Stacy Kiebler emerges from the back again with a microphone. What next, is Steiner/Flair going to be a Caged Heat match?

Stacy Kiebler: After what I have seen tonight, I have decided that I need to enforce the rules around here while I’m in charge, so Scott Steiner…….sweetie……, you mat have stolen this victory, but.I’m making a main event of The Steiner Brothers versus Booker T and Sting! And not only that, but it’s going to happen on the return of WCW Saturday Night, this Saturday on TBS!

The crowd cheer passionately at the return of Saturday Night and Thunder goes off the air with Stacy Kiebler posing for the horny male members of the audience.

(75)

Overall Show Rating: 77%

We got a 4.94 rating for 'Thunder'!

The attendance level was 8301 people.

We made $207525 from ticket sales.

• 3 weeks later...

The Diary of Andrew Duncan Gray

March 6th 2001

One Good Deed Deserves Another……

”Mr. Turner please! I need this show, even if it only for one month. I need a slot on Saturday nights. Otherwise the build-up to Greed will be lacking!”

I was on the phone to Ted Turner who was watching one of his crappy TV stations in the background as he talked. We were in the process of recording Thunder and I needed his help. Speed needed to be thrown off as the Saturday night movie, and I needed the slot.

”You busy?”

Sophie was standing in the doorway. I pointed to the phone and gestured her over, putting the phone down and switching to speaker mode. Turner was in the middle of one of his rants.

”………and ma daddy went there again and he did what he said he was gonna do and……Andrew! You still there?!”

Wish I wasn’t but……

”Yes Mr. Turner, I’m still here.”

”Do you see my point here?”

”Um….I think I do, but I would appreciate it if you’d confirm it for me.”

”When ma daddy went back and did what he was gonna do, he proved himself to the other folks down in the community. They respected him after that, even if they didn’t like him.”

Time for the Hallmark moment…..

”Well Mr. Turner, all I’m asking for…….

Here it comes

”…..is a chance to prove myself……..and earn your respect.”

Damn I’m good.

”Well Andrew, I’ve taken risks in my life……..”

It’s coming…….

”……and dag-nabbit I’m about to take another. You got the Saturday night slot, 2 hours! But you pull in over a 4.0! If you don’t get that, then I don’t want to hear any talk of Saturday night till the Summer at least!”

Punching the air by this point, I forgot about Mr. Turner waiting for a thank you.

”…………………………….”

”Andrew?”

”……………………….”

”Andrew?”

SHIT!

”Say, am I on speaker phone?”

”Course not Mr. Turner, I have to go. Take care sir.”

”Well alright, and give my regards to that assistant of yours.”

”Sophie?”

”Hell I’m not looking at her nametag boy!”

Gulp…………

”Goodbye sir.”

Wahahahow!

WCW SATURDAY NIGHT PREVIEW!

WCW Saturday Night returns to the airwaves on March 10th and what a main event we have lined up for you. Sting & Booker T will unite to face The Steiner Brothers in tag team action. Will Ric Flair be there to watch? He wasn’t at Thunder but with a few days rest will “The Nature Boy” return?

Another man who wasn’t at Thunder was WCW President Larry Zbysko. He won’t be in the house tonight either so again Stacy Kiebler will step in as the Interim President. We saw the influence she had on Thunder, will she have any more of an impact tonight?

Sid has had his problems as of late with Chris Kanyon. Tonight though Sid has no time to worry about Kanyon as he’ll have his hands full with Don Harris!

In other news “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes will be at the arena to watch Dustin Rhodes go one on one with Wayne DeBruce.

On Thunder we saw that Billy Kidman and Konnan are only 3 weeks from returning to action and joining their friend Rey Misterio. What will they do when they return? Will they go after Chavo Guerrero?

Speaking of Rey Misterio, we heard on Thunder how his match with Chavo Guerrero Jr. at Greed will be a ladder match! Tonight Rey Misterio and Chavo Guerrero will both be in action as they face Chris Candido and Big Vito respectively!

Terry Funk will be in action against Stevie Ray as well, with Justin Credible on commentary!

- Confirmed Matches

Sting & Booker T vs. The Steiner Brothers

Sid vs. Don Harris

Dustin Rhodes vs. Wayne DeBruce

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Chris Candido

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Big Vito

Terry Funk vs. Stevie Ray

Edited by ADGray

• 2 weeks later...

WCW SATURDAY NIGHT

WCW Saturday Night comes at you tonight (somehow) live from the Memorial Coliseum in Lexington, Kentucky! Your hosts for the evening are the rather odd duo of Mark Madden & “Mean” Gene Okerlund!

- IF YOU WANT SATURDAY NIGHT BACK FOR GOOD, YOU GOTTA DO BETTER THAN THIS! -

Terry Funk vs. Stevie Ray

Saturday Night returned to the airwaves in not so spectacular style as Terry Funk decimated Stevie Ray in little over 2 minutes. This match featured the guest commentary of Justin Credible who didn’t really get a chance to say much before the match was done and dusted as Funk nailed a DDT for the 1-2-3 at 2.25 and it was time for the inevitable run-in after the bell. But Credible was chased away by The Funker and Credible backed up the aisle swearing revenge as Saturday Night went to a “Leave Wrestling To Us” commercial.

(66/62/64)

- OR THIS! -

Sid vs. Don Harris

Saturday Night came back from telling impressionable youths not to wrestle each other to a match requested by Sid as he took on Don Harris of The Harris Twins in a match which sucked……..a lot. A slow, plodding 6 minute affair filled the airwaves as the two big men clubbed the hell out each other with punches and kicks for the duration before Chris Kanyon came from the crowd and nailed Sid over the head with a steel chair for the disqualification. Kanyon dropped the chair on the head of Sid and nailed a legdrop for good measure before he scarpered back up the aisle with a smile on his face and Saturday Night looked to go to a commercial.

(58/64/62)

Don Harris gained overness from this match.

- “THEY’RE…..THEY’RE FIGHTING IN THE PARKING LOT MIKE!” -

Unfortunately before Saturday Night went to a commercial we went to the parking lot where Terry Funk was walking, bag in hand, towards his taxi (no pompous limo for The Funker) when out of NOWHERE comes Justin Credible with a Singapore Cane! (he’s just been to the Far East to get it you see) Credible cracks Funk over the head and the Hardcore Champ hits the deck. The taxi reverses up to the two and for a second it looks like the driver is a good samaritan and will help The Funker………………..but this is wrestling~! The boot of the taxi is popped open and Credible drops Terry Funk inside it and slams the door shut! The taxi roars off into the night as the Saturday Night logo fades in.

(71)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- “AMEEEEEERICAAAAAN DREEEEEAAAAM” -

Saturday Night came back from commercial to “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes. The veteran is walking down a suburban street lined with houses straight out of an episode of “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air”.

Dusty Rhodes: You rememba this place don’tcha son? Yeah, it’s where you grew up. You see don’t you say I never provided for my family. I bought a house, I put food on the table, birthdays, Christmas, I was there for my family whenever they needed me.

Dusty looks across a neatly manicured lawn at a large house complete with huge driveway and what appears to be a tennis court.

Dusty Rhodes: You’re bitter son, and I don’t know why! But I’m still here, and like it or not son, Ahm not goin’ anywhere! Ahm gonna help you throo this son.

Saturday Night went back to the arena with a lingering shot of Dusty’s intense stare into the camera.

(79)

- WHY ARE WE BEING TORTURED? -

Dustin Rhodes vs. Wayne DeBruce

After those wonderful words from his daddy, Dustin Rhodes took to the ring to dismantle Wayne DeBruce in a little over 5 minutes of an average match with an average crowd. Rhodes was in complete control for the duration as Madden and Okerlund tried desperately to convince us that Dustin was in fact “deeply disturbed” by his father’s comments. Dustin though didn’t look it as he nailed the Running Bulldog for the 1-2-3 pinfall win. Following the win Rhodes exited the ring and shouted to Mark Madden that; “my dad has to understand……….he’s dead to me!”

(68/66/67)

- OKAY CHAVO, GO OUT AND ACT STEREOTYPICAL! -

Saturday Night trundled along on its merry way as Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Straight Outta Samoa came out for scheduled interview time with “The Roving Reporter” Scott Hudson. The three took their time getting to the ring, making the most of the exposure they were getting.

Scott Hudson: In a little over two weeks time, the man standing to my left, Chavo Guerrero Jr. will defend his WCW Cruiserweight Championship in a ladder match against Rey Misterio Jr. at Greed, live on pay per view, March 25th-

Chavo Guerrero Jr: You listen here Scott Hudson, a ladder match suits me down-to-the-ground holmes. A ladder match is no DQ, no count-out, no pinfall and no submission essé. I can do what I want to Rey Misterio Jr. without any worries. The referee, he there to raise my hand at the end of the match holmes, that’s all. Me and my buddies here, we gonna dismantle Rey Misterio Jr.

Scott Hudson: What are you-are you saying?

Chavo Guerrero Jr: No DQ Hudson, Misterio has thought the same thing, for sure holmes. He’s gonna bring Kidman and Konnan to the party essé, I’m bringing these guys to the shindig holmes.

Scott Hudson: But Rey Misterio Jr. wanted you one on one and he thought he had got that when the match was signed!

Chavo Guerrero Jr: Hey! Don’t blame me holmes, blame Stacy Kiebler. She made the match, all the power she had for one night overwhelmed her tiny little blonde brain essé. You got a problem, talk to her.

Scott Hudson: She was only in that position because of what you did to Larry Zbysko, our President!

Chavo Guerrero Jr: That may be true Hudson, but you got no proof of what happened in his office. He slipped holmes that’s all.

Scott Hudson: Oh now come on!

Chavo Guerrero Jr: That’s the truth essé, but if you’ll excuse me for the moment, I got a match. Get out this ring.

Scott Hudson jumps from the ring as Chavo and S.O.S talk stratehy in the corner.

(60)

- VITO AIN’T THAT BAD WHEN HE’S HELPED OUT -

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Big Vito

Saturday Night saw its’ first decent wrestling of the night as Chavo Guerrero Jr. took on Big Vito in an entertaining 10 minute encounter, but the biggest shock of it all was that a cruiserweight was this far up the card……..and winning! Guerrero was the underdog for most of the match as Vito dominated but when Straight Outta Samoa appeared halfway through the match to protect their employer, Vito had the odds stacked against him. The 3 on 1 environment caught up to Vito quickly as Ekmo and Kimo took every opportunity to trip him up, distract him and annoy him. In the end Chavo Guerrero got the victory, nailing a Tornado DDT for the 1-2-3! Just as it looked like Vito was about to be beat up, the music of Rey Misterio Jr. hit and Chavo and SOS looked to the aisle.

(84/64/74)

- REY MISTERIO IN HIS NEW STAND-UP TOUR : “ONE MAN AND A LADDER” -

The crowd cheered in unison as Rey Misterio Jr. emerged from behind the curtain with a ladder! Ekmo jumped from the ring to cut Misterio off in the aisle but got nailed with a ladder to the head for his troubles. Chavo shouted at Kimo to stop Misteriobut by this time Misterio had slid the ladder into the ring and vaulted to the top rope, coming off with a missile dropkick and Kimo rolled from the ring. This left Guerrero (title belt in hand) one on one with Misterio. Guerrero looked to put his Cruiserweight Championship to good use and nail Misterio with it but Misterio countered with a drop toe hold and Chavo goes face first into the ladder! The champion is hauled from the ring by Ekmo and Kimo and together the Harem head up the aisle as Saturday Night heads to a commercial.

(75)

Chavo Guerrero Jr. gained overness from this segment.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- THE LADDER PROVES FATAL FOR THE CHALLENGER -

Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Chris Candido

Saturday Night returned to the air with Rey Misterio and Chris Candido ready to go at it in one on one action and it turned out to be one of the best matches put on by WCW this year. The two were given ample time to do what they wanted, with the match clocking in at a little over 18 minutes, covering an ad break and if Candido could only work on his conditioning a little more then the match could have tipped the 20 minute mark. As it was after about 15 minutes of solid back and forth action Candido slowed down immensely and they immediately went to the finish which saw Rey Misterio get the victory by DQ when S.O.S and Chavo re-appeared and beat down Misterio from behind. When Chris Candido objected he too got knocked flat on his ass by Ekmo & Kimo before Misterio was slammed onto the same ladder he’d brought to the ring – oh the irony! – as Saturday Night went to a commercial break.

(86/68/77)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- “IT’S FLAIR! IT’S ‘THE NATURE BOY’! HE’S HERE! HE’S HERE!” *ORGASM* -

Sting & Booker T vs. The Steiner Brothers (w/ Midajah)

Back from commercial and it was time for the big selling point of the return of Saturday Night, the ONLY match announced before the day as The Steiner Brothers united to take on the tandem of Sting & Booker T – the defenders of Naitch – in a longer than expected match as Sting and Booker worked to drag an average showing out of Rick and Scott Steiner. (Rick & Scott sounds okay, Scott & Rick sounds weird, why is that?) Sting inparticular looked on top form and got better as the match went on. The presence of Midajah at ringside was a factor as she brushed up on her essential bitch valet behaviour, taking more than one page from Francine et al. up north in Philly as she screamed her lungs out in defence of her man at every opportunity which did its job of distracting and annoying Sting and Booker until it all led to Booker getting his hands on the fair maiden and sticking his tongue down her throat. Both teams had chances to get the match won but both couldn’t capitalise on it and as the two resorted to more and more desperate measures more people joined the fray as Jeff Jarrett, Buff Bagwell and Lex Luger tried to interfere for the Steiners, but The InSiders evened the odds a little as they came to the ring as well. It was never going to go off without incident having all these egos in one place and it kicked off with the five on the outside going at it while in the ring Sting, Booker and The Steiners duked it out. In all the confusion the referee took a [minor] bump, allowing “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair to arrive in the nick of time, armed with a steel chair, which he cracked over the skull of Scott Steiner, allowing Sting to collapse on top for the cover and the 1-2-3! Goodnight Irene. The battle continued though until an army of referees, road agents and even some of the WCW locker-room (no one important, Brian Knobbs, Meng, Norman Smiley, The Cat etc.) arrived to break them up. As a tense 5 on 5 staredown ensued the music of Stacy Kiebler hit the arena PA system.

(69/92/85)

- STEINER vs. FLAIR! IT’S HAPPENING…………AT GREED! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO! -

Stacy Kiebler emerges from the back with a microphone in hand, all eyes are trained on her whether its to do with her charisma or her midi skirt is anyone’s guess.

Stacy Kiebler: I’m going to keep this short as we’re running out of time. I have a fax here from Larry Zbysko, just sent to my office from our President. Here’s the really interesting part here Scott, I’ll read it out to you. “With the World Title situation, I have decided that Scott Steiner versus Ric Flair will happen……………………………….at Greed on March 25th”!

WCW Saturday Night goes off the air first with a look at an angry Scott Steiner, then a smiling Ric Flair. March 25th 2001, Steiner vs. Flair, for the World Heavyweight Championship.

(77)

Overall Show Rating: 72%

We got a 4.69 rating for 'Saturday Night'!

The attendance level was 8265 people.

We made $206625 from ticket sales.

user posted image

WCW GREED POSTER RELEASED!

Well the speculation over why WCW held back the release of the Greed poster has now been put to rest as WCW today released this as the official poster:

user posted image

As of this writing only two matches have been confirmed for the night, Scott Steiner vs. Ric Flair for the World Heavyweight Championship and Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Misterio in a ladder match for the Cruiserweight Championship. It is thought at this time that we’ll see a three way #1 contenders match for the US Title with Mike Awesome, Curt Hennig & Jerry Lynn as well as possibly a second Funk/Credible confrontation and an expected Chris Kanyon vs. Sid match.

WCW MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW

If you missed the return of WCW Saturday Night then you missed a big night of wrestling as Stacy Kiebler read out a fax from Larry Zbysko stating that at WCW Greed on March 25th, Scott Steiner will defend the WCW World Heavyweight Championship against Ric Flair! Larry Zbysko will be in the house tonight to watch over the contract signing before our main event as “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair goes one on one with Rick Steiner!

The InSiders came to the aid of Ric Flair last week but got beaten down. This week they’re in action as they meet in tag team competition with Totally Buff.

After Saturday Night went off the air, Scott Steiner threw down his half of the WCW World Tag Team Championships at the feet of Stacy Kiebler. In response Ric Flair threw down his half of the belts too. Tonight Larry Zbysko will announce his plans for the WCW World Tag Team Titles!

On Saturday Night we saw Justin Credible ambush Terry Funk and lock him in the trunk of a car which then disappeared into the night. Tonight Credible will be in the ring when he goes one on one with Corporal Cajun.

Plus tonight we see the debut of ’On The Dancefloor’ with Disco Inferno! Who will his guest be?

- Confirmed Matches -

Ric Flair vs. Rick Steiner

The InSiders vs. Totally Buff

Justin Credible vs. Corporal Cajun

AJ Styles vs. Yang

Oh kickass! And here I thought this was another diary that was inactive before I started reading and I wouldn't get to see much from it.

I read through this over the past two days, and it's quality. I never read the McMahons, so this is my first taste on ADGray work, and now I can see why all the other people are so high on your stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

WCW MONDAY NITRO

WCW Monday Nitro comes at you live from the Cam Henderson Arena in Huntington, West Virginia! Now let's join our announce team- Tony Schiavone and Gary Michael Cappetta!

- OOOOOOOOHHHH……WRESTLING……WAIT A SECOND, ISN’T THIS WCW? WEIRD…. -

AJ Styles (w/ Air Paris) vs. Yang (w/ Kaz Hayashi)

WCW Monday Nitro hit the airwaves and kicked off in spectacular style as AJ Styles of Air Raid and Yang of the Yung Dragons put on a definite match of the year contender which will be forgotten by 95% of the viewing public by Tuesday morning, which is a terrible shame. Styles and Yang were allowed to go for 11 uninterrupted minutes in which they didn’t put a single toe wrong and even then the crowd still couldn’t give two shits. Why these guys even bother is a mystery to me. Heyman would give these guys a chance, but WCW won’t. In the end Styles got the victory, blocking a Tornado DDT off the top rope from Yang and nailing a Downward Spiral out of nowhere for the 1-2-3. Nitro went to commercial as the two teams went at it again, brawling around ringside.

(100/51/75)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- “THAT’S IF HE MAKES IT!” -

Nitro returned from commercial to the backstage are where Justin Credible was already standing by, a microphone in hand, for an interview with Scott Hudson.

Scott Hudson: Last week fans, on Saturday Night, we saw Terry Funk assaulted and abducted by Justin Credible and an as-yet un-named accomplice. Justin Credible is with me now. Why did you do it?

Justin Credible: You know, there has been a lot of people, disgusted with what I did to Terry Funk, last week, on Saturday Night. A lot of people have come up to me and said how horrible I was to do that, but you’ve got to understand, this is a war between Funk and myself and in war, bad things happen. Now he won the first battle, but the first battle is never the end of it all, hell Hitler won the first battle! The second battle is even more important, and that’s why I’m extending a challenge to Terry Funk, to meet me in the ring on March 25th at Greed, for his WCW Hardcore Championship. No conservatory, no DQ, no count-outs, no rules. Just me and you Funk, one on one. Well Scott Hudson, that’s if he makes it to Greed. Hahahahahahaha!

Scott Hudson: Now what do you mean by that? Where is Terry Funk?! What have you done with him?!

Justin Credible: Why ask me Hudson? I don’t know, it wasn’t me that drove away with Funk was it? How would I know where he is? Now get the hell out my way, I got an ass to kick.

(70)

- CREDIBLE CRUSHES CAJUN -

Justin Credible vs. Corporal Cajun

Nitro rolled along quickly as Corporal Cajun and Justin Credible two went at it in a quick 4 minute squash which saw Credible decimate Cajun in an impressive display. The crowd could have got into it a little more though, with Credible still not drawing the reactions that management are looking for. Word on the grapevine is if Credible doesn’t start producing what is expected his contract will be cut short. Credible had obviously heard this as he did everything right, ending it with a pinfall victory after catching Cajun off a springboard moonsault and nailing a That’s Incredible for the 1-2-3.

(74/65/69)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- ANYTHING GOES……………………………………..ON THE DANCEFLOOR -

Nitro returned from commercial to a dark arena. The only source of light was that bouncing off the super groovy, ultra-sized disco ball hanging from the ceiling. More spotlights switch on, all different colours and they scan the crowd and ring, a purple spotlight catching sight of Disco Inferno standing in the ring. More lights come on to show the ring in all it’s glory. Some mahogany linoleum was has been put in the ring, there is a small bar in one corner with a bar-tender (Scoot Andrews with an afro) behind it. On either side of the bar is a bean-bag and each has it’s own personal lava lamp as well. Disco Inferno stands in the middle of the ring, in an Elvis jumpsuit and platform shoes. Disco Stu eat your heart out.

Disco Inferno: Ooooooww! Watch me! Whooooooooooo! Welcome to “On The Dancefloor”! And all you cool cats out there know that the hippest and the coolest place to be is right here in WCW, oh yeah! And what better place to be that on the dancefloor, with me, Disco Inferno, daddy-o? But right now foxy ladies and cool cats, we have to get my guest out here, a real dy-no-mite dude, the WCW United States Champion, “The Franchise” Shane Douglas!

The music of the US Champion starts and he emerges from the back in a pair of beige chinos and a white shirt. The US belt is draped over his right shoulder and he is accompanied to the ring by a couple of “far out gals” of Inferno’s. They leave him at the ring steps and “The Franchise” enters the ring, taking a quick moment to pose with the belt before turning to Inferno, who is at the bar, where two cocktails are resting. A quick handshake later and the two are ready to talk.

Disco Inferno: Well can I just say right now how outta sight it is to have the United States Champion right here, on the dancefloor!

Disco boogies down quickly, thrusting his right arm out to the side, pointing to the heavens.

Disco Inferno: Oh yeah, now let’s take a seat shall we?

Disco collapses back into his bean bag but “The Franchise” seems a little reluctant to take his seat. Eventually he does but very slowly and carefully, laying the US title to his left, away from Inferno.

Disco Inferno: Bean bags, far out! Now let’s get down to the nitty gritty of why a hipster like yourself takes the time out of their schedule with all the ladies to come here to “On The Dancefloor”. You’re the US Champion?

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas: That’s correct.

Disco Inferno: Far out! But you got three peeps wantin’ that gold. You got Curt Hennig, Jerry Lynn and my main man, a man from my time, Mike Awesome! They all want the bread that comes from being the US champ.

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas: Bread?

Disco Inferno: Bread! Cash money!

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas: They all want the ‘bread’, they all want the recognition and they all want the ultimate prize, the WCW United States Championship.

Disco Inferno: Groovy. Now how bout you show us all that belt of yours?

“The Franchise” looks over at the US Championship and pulls it close to him.

“The Franchise” Shane Douglas: Disco Inferno, I want to make this point very clear, this belt is mine. These people get to see it, as a privilege. I’m a fighting champion, I’m a great champion, I’m a noble champion, hell Disco Inferno, I’m “The Franchise”! But Curt Hennig, Jerry Lynn and Mike Awesome all want to take it away from me, they all want to defeat “The Franchise”. Now the three of them are great athletes, make no mistake, but they’re not “The Franchise”. They want the US title, they can come and take it, it didn’t work before, it won’t work a second time either. If they want-

“The Franchise” is interrupted halfway through his rant by a pop from the crowd and Curt Hennig slides into the ring opposite the bar, having come through the crowd. Disco and “The Franchise” have trouble getting up from the bean bags, leaving Scoot “Bartender” Andrews to vault over the bar and go for Hennig but it doesn’t work as Hennig sidesteps and launches Andrews over the top to the floor! Douglas scrambles to his feet and tries to attack from behind but Hennig is able to dodge it and nail a kick to the stomach and Hennig unloads with right hands in the corner! Disco Inferno backs off, letting the two duke it out, but an Irish Whip sees Inferno and Douglas collide, with the champion turning back to ennig and Inferno falling through the ropes to the floor. Hennig rams Douglas head-first into the bar and pours a bottle of an unlabeled spirit over the head of “The Franchise” who crumbles to the mat in agony. The US Title, lying in the middle of the ring, proves tempting and Curt Hennig picks it up as Nitro heads to a commercial.

(83)

Disco Inferno gained overness from this segment.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- ONE OF THE MEN AMONG YOU, IS A SYMPATHISER! -

Nitro returns from commercial to The Magnificent Seven who are walking down a corridor, laughing and joking, heading for their locker-room. They push a couple of arena workers out their way and reach their door. As they enter the lockers opposite them are open, except the one on the far right which is closed, with red paint scrawled across it in the letters “SER?” The Seven move across and close the other lockers to reveal the whole phrase: “FLAIR SYMPATHISER? ” What the hell does that mean?

(75)

Scott Steiner lost overness from this segment.

- ZBYSKO ANNOUNCES HIS PLANS FOR THE TAG TITLES -

Nitro goes from the confusing Sympathiser skit to the ring again and we are joined by the WCW President as the music of Larry Zbysko starts and the man himself emerges from the back with the WCW Tag Team Championship belts. He accepts the mild applause from the crowd and makes his way into the ring. The President accepts the gracious offer of a microphone from a ring worker and looks out to the crowd….

Larry Zbysko: Last week ago, our last WCW World Tag Team Champions, Scott Steiner and Ric Flair vacated the titles due to irrepairable differences. So tonight I’m announcing that to crown new champions, a 8 team, single elimination tournament will be held! The first of these matches will take place at Greed on March 25th! Next week I’ll announce which teams are entered. Thank you.

Nitro heads to a “LEAVE WRESTLING TO US” commercial as Zbysko leaves the ring.

(75)

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- CHINESE WATER TORTURE OR THIS MATCH? WELL WATER TORTURE ISN’T SO BAD! -

The InSiders vs. Totally Buff

Following the announcement of a tournament for the WCW Tag Team Titles, two teams took to the ring looking to impress as The InSiders took on Totally Buff in a match resulting from the brawl on Saturday Night. Sadly the match was one of the worst seen in a WCW ring this year [with Kevin Nash involved? How could that be?] as Nash no-sold all the offence thrown at him by Luger and Bagwell and all this accomplished was to discourage the other three men from trying anything to rescue the match, to the point that even DDP couldn’t seem bothered to be out there, and the crowd which had been popping big at the matches start, were silent by the halfway mark as they all saw the match for what it was. Eventually [13 minutes!!!] Page clotheslined Bagwell from the ring and Nash nailed the Jacknife on Luger for the 1-2-3. Damn creative control. After the bell there was a power failure in the arena as all the lights went out and one creative fan took the time to chant “DONG!” as Schiavone took a commercial while the fault was fixed.

(42/78/67)

Kevin Nash basically no-sold everything, which ruined the match.

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

- PUT YOUR JOHN HANCOCK RIGHT THERE…….YOUR JOHN HANCOCK, NOT YOUR TOM COLLINS! -

Nitro came back from commercial to the ring where a table and two chairs were set up. Larry Zbysko was already in the ring with a microphone. The music of Scott Steiner hits and he makes his way out with Midajah and Rick Steiner. Zbysko tries to shake his hand but Steiner withdraws and spouts something at Zbysko who backs off. Ric Flair then makes his way out to his music and steps into the ring. Flair and Steiner stand on opposite sides of the table, their eyes locked.

Larry Zbysko: Okay, for the benefit of the fans, I will now read the general terms agreed to by both men:

Point One: The Undersigned both agree by mutual consent that on the night of March 25th 2001 at the pay per view event WCW Greed, the undersigned will participate in a wrestling match with standard wrestling rules. Disqualifications and count-outs possible, no time limit.

Point Two: The Undersigned both agree that on the night the referee’s decision of winner and champion is final and absolute. Any objections can be brought to the attention to the WCW Board of Directors after a 12 hour “cooling off” period.

Point Three: Both of the Undersigned agree by mutual consent that as of the signing of this document they shall be under new guidelines as published in the WCW Rules & Regulations, Article 4, Paragraph 3 which states that “should both champion and challenger agree to inclusion of act in contract, restraining order rules will take effect, i.e; participants may NOT make direct physical contact with the other in any way until the start of the sanctioned match on the agreed date. Should this be broken at all, by EITHER party, the World Heavyweight Championship will be stripped from the champion and the challenger will be prohibited from challenging for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship for a full twelve months.”

Do you both agree to these three stipulations?

The microphone is first passed to Steiner.

Scott Steiner: You’re damn right I do!

Passed to Flair.

Ric Flair: Yes.

Larry Zbysko: If you’ll both sign and initial the contract……..

The challenger signs first, Flair taking his time with his signature before handing the pen to Steiner, who grabs at it angrily. Steiner scribbles down his signature and drops the pen to the mat.

Larry Zbysko: Well that’s everything, the match has been signed, Scott Steiner vs. Ric Flair, for WCW Greed!

Scott Steiner: That’s not quite everything Zbysko!

Rick Steiner jumps Flair from behind, getting his match with Naitch underway early. The champ, Midajah and Zbysko jump from the ring and Rick Steiner smashes one of the chairs across the back of Flair as a referee rushes from the back. The second chair and table is pulled from the ring and we’re ready to go.

(81)

- WHO DOES STEINER THINK HE IS! SELL DAMN YOU! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! -

Ric Flair vs. Rick Steiner (w/ Scott Steiner & Midajah)

Nitro limped into the main event slot with “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair warming up for the champ by taking on his brother Rick Steiner. Sadly Steiner wasn’t at the ball game and as a result this match also wasn’t any good, casting a lot of doubt over the Steiner/Flair title match at Greed. Flair though was on the top of his game, managing to keep the crowd interested throughout, even after Steiner no-sold the chops in the corner and rolled the figure-four over in three seconds. In the end Ric Flair got the win with the third figure-four of the match, this time blocking any reversal and Rick Steiner had to tap out. After the bell though Scott Steiner entered the ring, title belt in hand, behind the tired challenger as he was getting to his feet………..

(58/85/76)

Rick Steiner didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating.

- WE’VE GOT A GOOD OLD FASHIONED CLUSTERFUCK HERE! -

Ric Flair turns to face Scott Steiner and gets nailed straight in the face with the WCW World Heavyweight Championship (not direct physical contact!). Steiner signalled to Midajah who lifted the ring apron and Totally Buff crawled out from under the ring! They must have orchestrated the power failure to hide under the ring! Jeff Jarrett and Road Warrior Animal then ran from the back and joined the beatdown happening in the ring. Flair was nailed with a Fallaway Slam by the champ and a Steinerline by Rick Steiner before Totally Buff nailed a double suplex and Animal came off the middle rope with a splash. Jarrett had his guitar ready to nail Flair but as he reared back the lights went out again! When they came back on who should be in the ring but Sting, The InSiders and DAVID FLAIR! They started to clear house as the two groups duked it out in an uncontrollable brawl which had the crowd on their feet. The InSiders and Totally Buff took the brawl to the floor while Sting, Flair and Flair faced off with The Steiners and Jarrett in the ring. Triple Irish Whips met with triple clotheslines and Steiner, Steiner and Jarrett retreated to the aisle, followed moments later by the rest of the Seven (now altered to include Midajah as one of the Seven). Nitro went off the air with the two factions in a huge staredown.

(94)

Overall Show Rating: 73%

We got a 5.49 rating for 'Monday Nitro'!

The attendance level was 8316 people.

We made $207900 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 7.12 television rating for 'RAW'!

The event was attended by 9040 people.

They made $361600 from ticket sales.

• 10 months later...