Now That's What I Call A Music Thread: 2009

YI

If you'd asked me that in 2007, I'd be swarming in suggestions, now I'm not so good (I've forgotten stuff/don't listen to as much)...but here goes;

The Qemists

Chase & Status

Commix

Sub Focus

DJ Starscream

Nu:Tone

DJ Marky

Oh, and whoever came up with the idea for Mandy Moore's new album to sound like The Format, deerves a motherfucking medal. It's glorious. Not as laid back/cool/chic as "Wild Hope" but a bloody brilliant pop album, they're both very different albums.

Also, the new Peter Broderick album is out there. That's his 2nd for this year, and his 5th since late 2007...the man is a machine. Again it's seemingly instrumental based (violin and piano), although he's planning another 'song' album, like "Home" for later in the year.

Edited by YI

I wish NARC would get out of my head. :( Last month, tonguing the bum of We Were Promised Jetpacks...this month, same section...Miike Snow...GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

Some stuff on the Acrobatic Society (who I saw with Jeniferever), Little Boots (including a proper gorgeous picture of her), Patrick Wolf, A Hawk And A Hacksaw, Burlesque nights in the north east (think some of them need checked out :shifty:), found out The Hacker's playing here soon (sans Miss Kitten, but you can't have everything), Razmataz Lorry Excitement is DJ'ing/live-setting Independent tomorrow (Trying to convince people to go), there's a new d_rradio album and found out about God Help The Girl, K.Taylor and Oonagh Cassigy...good read for the metro/having a shit...now revision time. :(

Edited by YI

Ok, so my sister heard on the radio about Scarlett Johannson's new album inspired by Serge Gainsbourg and was all "DID YOU KNOW SCARLETT JOHANNSON HAD AN ALBUM?" and I was like "Yeah, that was like a year ago :/", I got it in like 3 minutes to show her and I fucking love it more than I ever have.

I donno why, but holy shit.

Not big on "Billy Talent III" to be fair. It's far from a bad album, but really, it's 'nothing' really...which in some ways is worse, as it leaves me feeling nothing. "Devil On My Shoulder", "Saint Veronika", "Tears Into Wine" and "Turn Your Back" are good tunes though.

Get Up Kids are in Germany until 27th of August...sweet jesus lord, please play Leeds!!!

"Cope" by Freeland is a pretty snazzy dance album.

I've been listening to Belgian pop-punk, it's good. :shifty:

New Polar Bear Club in September, called "Chasing Hamburg", should be awesome.

And all you need to know about new A Wilhelm Scream - http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=57778301

Oh, and "The Compromise" by The Format, is like...one of the most bloody amazing songs ever.

Edited by YI

SWEET MOTHER-FUCK!!! HOT WATER MUSIC!!! DECEMBER TOUR!!! (or at least that's the word on the grapevine)

I have technically seen them before (with Alkaline Trio back in the day)...but it was before I knew who they were, and I only saw like 10 minutes of their set.