METALMAN

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Striker (USA 94)
    • Footix (France 98)

Usa94mascot.png

v

France98mascot.png

All the others are shit so they don't get in. Also how amazing was Saeed Al-Owairan's goal for Saudi Arabia against Belgium? And Diego Maradona coked out his mind? And Beckham getting sent off? And Bergkamp's goal against Argentina?

Good times.

Oh and it was tough for me but my vote narrowly goes to Footix the rooster. Both are brilliant though.

Edited by metalman

Out of the two given here, it's clearly Footix. Look at that guy -- I can believe he really wants to get out there and play some football. Striker looks like he'd be happier at home, filling in his USA '94 wallchart. I love the Gallic-ness of Footix; the facial expression is a perfect mix of cockiness (and why not -- France had a great team in '98) and fun-lovingness. Those raised eyebrows say 'oui, monsieur, je voudrais joue au foot' (or something) but make sure that you know you'll be losing. Striker looks like he'd settle for a point.

Going back further, World Cup Willie deserves some credit for being the first mascot; and for showing some moderate innovation ('being a lion') as compared to johnny foreigner's efforts that came later, which were always just kids dressed up in football kits.

Spain '82's Naranjito ('the little orange') looks really chill. I bet he's a nice guy. And Ciao (Italia '90) is a brave effort; a dadaist attempt to craft a footballer from a bunch of weird tricolore sticks.

Korea/Japan just went TOO FAR, and Germany could only offer us an 'updated' version of Willie. South Africa's disdainful leopard looks potentially satisfying; we'll have to see how that goes.

Where the hell is it's head!!?

I always thought the ball was his head?

That German one is scary looking. The fact that the ball has a face makes it look like the lion beheaded the Italia 90 mascot.

That German one is scary looking. The fact that the ball has a face makes it look like the lion beheaded the Italia 90 mascot.

lol. They should continue that theme. South Africa's leopard should wear a fur coat made from the disembowelled Goleo.

Edited by Emperor Fuckshit