Official 24 Season 7 Thread

Lowerdeck

I had a feeling it would happen..

but that feeling passed like 4 episodes ago and I was all good with Tony being a good guy again.

Man, my whole world is destroyed now..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Honestly, I thought the season started out great, but has REALLY dragged the last few hours. Like their just adding stuff in to make it go longer

This is the second time theyre doing it this season. It really does feel like they are just throwing shit out there to buy time. Ugh at Kim getting kidnapped again. This is why I only enjoy the show. I dont think it is great or really good. It is decent, and it just has a limited shelf life with rehashed things from previous seasons and random stuff thrown in to buy time/shock people.

I STILL love Tony being the badguy, though. Please, 24. Let this season end with Jack dying. Dont come up with an 8th season of "oh well Jack ended up getting a cure/overcoming the toxins" and dont have Kim save Jack. Let Jack die and end the series. I seriously do not want to see what theyd do with an 8th season. We would just get some sort of terrorist threat, Jack would save the day only to find out theres another threat, people disagree with his techniques, JAck probably has to do something he doesnt like. Same shit, different setting.
Edited by Vitamin E

Well, they ARE signed on to do an 8th season. Honestly, what I'd like to see is it starting, in the storyline, "tomorrow"...Jack is still sick, fight off the effects etc...and the 8th season ends with Jack dying, thus bringing the series to a close

Edited by Lint6

Honestly, I thought the season started out great, but has REALLY dragged the last few hours. Like their just adding stuff in to make it go longer

They really could have done more to extend the Metro attack angle, rather than done this stupid shit with kidnapping Kim and trying to rescue Tony. Now it's just like, oh God, this is really unnecessary and stupid.

Sadly I can see them having Tony turn good guy AGAIN for some reason, Jack being saved from the poison, Kim being rescued before leaving again, and I dunno.

An eighth season... Ugh. What ELSE can they do? Have Jack Bauer go through an entire 24 hour period on an airplane that never runs out of gas? Just end the show already.

First off for all the haters. I have enjoyed this season and obviously there is a swerve coming but no the series isn't ready to come to an end and that's the only way Jack dies is if the series is ending. Who carries on 24 if Jack dies? Rack Bauer? I don't think so.

Kim may die finally but Jack isn't going to die. They will take the stem cells from Kim if she dies or even if she doesn't and it'll save Jack because the series is dead without him. They're just building it up because it's been different for Jack to be disabled/sick this season and kind of in the backseat to some of the other characters.

Not totally backseat of course but not superman like he's been in every season since perhaps Season 2 when he died/brought back from dead and had the heart issues.

I don't think Tony dies though, I think he'll be around for Season 8 as a Baddie then too. I don't think Tony comes back to the light this time.

Kap

First off for all the haters. I have enjoyed this season and obviously there is a swerve coming but no the series isn't ready to come to an end and that's the only way Jack dies is if the series is ending. Who carries on 24 if Jack dies? Rack Bauer? I don't think so.

Kim may die finally but Jack isn't going to die. They will take the stem cells from Kim if she dies or even if she doesn't and it'll save Jack because the series is dead without him. They're just building it up because it's been different for Jack to be disabled/sick this season and kind of in the backseat to some of the other characters.

Not totally backseat of course but not superman like he's been in every season since perhaps Season 2 when he died/brought back from dead and had the heart issues.

I don't think Tony dies though, I think he'll be around for Season 8 as a Baddie then too. I don't think Tony comes back to the light this time.

Kap

I KNOW that if Jack dies then 24 is finished. That is why I want Jack to die at the end of this season. The show is nice, but I just dont think it should, or can, make an eighth season that good considering it is always using the same basic plot outline. An Eighth season will consist of showing Jack alive and well, he will refuse to want to torture people or anything probably but ultimately come around, the nation will be under attack and Jack is the only one that can help, MAYBE Tony is released from prison if he remains a baddie at the end of this season to help Jack but ends up escaping (or he returns to help Jack if he turns back good this season), the threat is taken care of, another threat is revealed as a BIGGER plot set up by evil man #256, that one is taken care of in a finale that probably brings Kim back. Throw in swerves.

I enjoyed this season only for Tony being the bad guy, because for some reason I enjoy his character the most out of anyone elses. The show is nice, but that is about it. I just dont think an eighth season could be good without taking the usual 24 plot outline. I would tune in for an eighth season because its the kind of show that you cant just look away from, and because I would want to see what they do for an eighth season, but right now, I dont think an 8th season is a good idea and they have a perfectly good setup to end the series.

Edited by Vitamin E

For shame, Kim. You should have stayed in that car. I was hoping they would kill Jack off and let that be the end of it, but eh.

Well, that pretty much sets up whoevers idea of doing an 8th season focusing on the day after day 7, unless they do a "X years later" or something instead. This finale is up with Smallville for an eh one. I rolled my eyes when Tony said he wasnt going to give the pathogen to the guys, thinking he was gonna turn back to good guy AGAIN... I GUESS its a little different for him to not really be on ANY ones side but his own, but I was excited for full heel Tony :(

And Olivia getting arrested was nice. I actually expected them to have Miss Pres forgive her.

Edited by Vitamin E

Tony was 100% heel. He was willing to kill innocents pretty much entirely to kill Michelle's death. It's a really compelling Shades of Gray-ish heel status but still, dude was insane.

That was one strange heel but not superevil Tony at the end there. Superevil Tony was pretty badass.

Why do I feel Renee is going to carry a lot of season 8? Especially with that ending of hers? Then again, who didn't see that coming.

Olivia getting arrested probably was the only real surp... actually, no that wasn't either.

That all was excusable. Kim though... ugh. *facepalms* They had a great Jack ending there and Kim fucked it up.

Why do I feel Renee is going to carry a lot of season 8? Especially with that ending of hers? Then again, who didn't see that coming.

She started out a lot like Tony did in Season one. They got a lot of good stuff set up for the next season, i´ll be watching. =)