Red Dwarf to return

stokeriño

I enjoyed it. It lacked the quality of Series IV through VI, however there was a few moments where you could see some of the humour coming back. Chris Barrie was as funny as ever, and it is no wonder that Series VII is the worst of all the series' with him only being in four episodes. The reference to the "I'm Gonna Eat You Little Fishes" had me marking out a bit, and getting Kochanski back on our screens is always a good thing :wub: , especially when it's just for those short moments and she isn't trying to replace Rimmer.

Overall, very enjoyable for what it was.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched them on Dave. It was fine for what it was. A few laughs, and I'm not upset I spent 90 minutes watching it. It could have used a little more Kochanski, if she was going to be in it at all.

Right, I can't link you, but if you look about the usual places you will find that someone has done a fan edit of the three Back to Earth episodes, and taken out some of the boring fluff to make a single feature length episode. They've also added a much needed laughter track.

I haven't watched it yet, but will report back when I have.

Why do people always rank Season 7 in the same group as Season 8? Yes, it was only Doug Naylor on both series, but Season 7 was lightyears better than 8. It just seems that a lot of people hate on Season 7, but it had a fair few decent episodes (along with a couple of bad ones, admittedly). It just seems rather unfair.

As an aside, what's everybody's favourite episode? I think mine is Gunmen of the Apocalypse, personally - just a brilliant episode with soooo many funny moments. Back to Reality is good too, if only for the "Bullet, Cybernautics" - "That's traffic control" moment, that constantly cracks me up.

Re: Series 7 and the laughter track - the original episodes had laughter track. Three or four of them then had extended versions released (on DVD) which were about 10 minutes longer each, which didn't have laughter tracks for some reason.

One of them was Tikka to Ride. Can't remember the others.

Picking a favourite episode is like picking a favourite son.

Mine is the pilot for the US series

250px-Red_dwarf_usa_9.jpg

hahahahaha nah of course it's not.

Confidence and Paranoia from series 1 cos it's cheap and flimsy and yet has some great stuff going on.

Marooned from series 3 has some excellent interaction between Lister and Rimmer.

Timeslides from series 3 is cool for the whole stress bubble wrap stuff.

Dimension Jump from series 4 with Ace Rimmer.

Meltdown from series 4 with the frolics on the wax world.

Quarantine from series 5 of course.

Back to Reality from series 5 with the Despair Squid.

Most of series 6 including Psirens, Gunmen of the Apocalypse, Polymorph, Rimmerworld and Out Of Time....Even Legion was decent.

Stoke Me A Clipper, Blue and Epideme from series 7 are decent but not amazing.....Stoke Me A Clipper is good though.

So, erm.......Back To Reality I think because anything is made instantly better by Timothy Spall calling people "twonks".

I watched the US pilot documentary on the series...5/6/7? DVD. Within that I saw enough clips to confirm that I never want to see the whole thing.

Might have decided differently if they'd got Terry Farrell in to play The Cat as they almost did. Jadzia Dax in Red Dwarf!

Edited by stokeriño