EWB Sports Hall of Fame - Ballot 2

sahyder1

EWB Sports Hall of Fame  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the original inductees would you vote for?

• Michael Jordan
    • Muhammad Ali
    • Wayne Gretzky

Ballot 1 Results are now up and the inductees will be enshrined here. Going to keep it real simple. I figure we add 3 people a month. This Hall of Fame will consist of athletes from all sports....so no it is not just a North American sports Hall of Fame like the last one ended up being. I don't remember what the voting process was for that one. Like I said before...going to keep it real simple. List 5 people in order. Whoever you rank as #1 will get 10 points, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for the fourth and 1 for the 5th. We'll induct the top 3 and then have a fresh ballot next month and go from there. Only restriction I can think of is that the athlete must be someone who's been retired for at least 3 years. Other then that athletes (male or female) from all sports are fair game. There is no quota you have to fill. So your ballot can be 5 athletes from the same sport or you can choose to have a diverse group. An active coach can go in.....but they must have been a coach for a minimum of 10 years. The next class will be inducted February 28th.

Simple guidelines that I'm following:

*Player must be retired for 3 years...but active coaches who have coached at least 10 years can go in.

*Inductees must appear on a minimum of 20% of the ballots to get in. If some months we only induct one or two people...so be it. (This rule is up for vote here)

*Since it was a major problem on the first ballot let me remind you again that a player must be retired for 3 years...but active coaches who have coached at least 10 years can go in.

*Incase of 2 guys getting same amount of points the tiebreaker will be:

*Fewer Ballots

*Most First place votes

*Most Second place votes

*Most Third place votes

*Most Fourth place votes

*Most Fifth place votes

*If it is still a tie then we'll do a poll.

*Did I mention the retired for 3 years part?

Here is my ballot.

Jim Thorpe

Bradman

Maradona

Babe Ruth

Jack Nicklaus

Edited by sahyder1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ Eddy Merckx (5 time Tour de France winner, Giro D'Italia winner, Vuelta Espana, World Championships, every classics race bar one, broke the world hour record on track)...And he was nicknamed The Cannibal!

+ Zico

+ Don Bradman (ouch that hurt :P )

+ Ayrton Senna

+ Fred Perry (won each of the four major tennis tournament (8 grand slams) and was world number 1 for four consecutive years. His singles career record was 106–12)

1. Aleksander Karelin ( One of the best Greco-Roman wrestlers ever. 9x World HWT Greco-Roman Wrestling Champion, 3 Olympic Gold Medals and a Silver medal. Undefeated in International Wrestling from 1987-200)

2. Rocky Marciano ( Only undefeated, undisputed HW champion in Boxing)

3. Patrick Roy (One of the best Goalies ever)

4. Nolan Ryan(One of the best Pitchers to ever live)

5. George Herman Ruth (Babe Ruth) (One of the best Baseball players ever, a trailblazer.)

Edited by Wrath of Kane

1. Aleksander Karelin ( One of the best Greco-Roman wrestlers ever. 9x World HWT Greco-Roman Wrestling Champion, 3 Olympic Gold Medals and a Silver medal. Undefeated in International Wrestling from 1987-200)

2. Rocky Marciano ( Only undefeated, undisputed HW champion in Boxing)

3. Patrick Roy (One of the best Goalies ever)

4. Nolan Ryan(One of the best Pitchers to ever live)

5. George Herman Ruth (Babe Ruth) (One of the best Baseball players ever, a trailblazer.)

That's the guy that lost to Rulon Gardner right?

.....13 voters so far on this 2nd ballot and we have 11 different guys who have received first place votes. The race is wide open as far as who the 3 end up being.

Edited by sahyder1